Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Author Topic: VERY frustrating.  (Read 8376 times)

stevecon

• Helpful Post Rating: 0
VERY frustrating.
« on: October 05, 2009, 04:29:41 PM »

I can't for the life of me figure out how to start a macro to run.  A simple macro - I15 when started, should turn off all modules.  Using the wizard, I told it that it should run when module I14 was ON.  I switch I14 on - and nothing happens.  When I start (press "run macro" button) I15 directly, the macro runs - and the lights shut off.

I'm ready to rip this out - I'm so aggravated. 

Dan Lawrence

• Helpful Post Rating: 68
Re: VERY frustrating.
« Reply #1 on: October 05, 2009, 06:06:24 PM »

I use a MC 460 controller to trigger (A5 OFF) to macro that turns off all modules on Housecodes A, C and F.  Works every time.
I don't SELL this stuff... BUT I sure do ENJOY using it!!!

-Bill- (of wgjohns.com)

• Advanced Member
  • Helpful Post Rating: 81
  • He's just this guy. You know?
    • wgjohns.com
« Reply #2 on: October 06, 2009, 01:12:14 AM »

I can't for the life of me figure out how to start a macro to run.  A simple macro - I15 when started, should turn off all modules.  Using the wizard, I told it that it should run when module I14 was ON.  I switch I14 on - and nothing happens.  When I start (press "run macro" button) I15 directly, the macro runs - and the lights shut off.

I'm ready to rip this out - I'm so aggravated. 

X10 should list "patience" as one of the system requirements.  ;)

When you say you "switch I14 on", how exactly are you switching it on?

Also, if the macro is named "I15", is that "I15 On" showing as the "trigger" for it?

Given a little more specific info, I'm sure we (your fellow X10 users) can help you sort it out.

>!
-Bill- (of wgjohns.com)
bill@wgjohns.com

In the real world, the only constant is change.

When I'm online you can find me in the Home Automation Chat Room!

stevecon

• Helpful Post Rating: 0
« Reply #3 on: October 06, 2009, 06:18:28 AM »

I think adding *decent* instructions should be added to each X-10 product myself... but..  Anyway, I finally got it.  I needed a module (dummy in this case) with the same address as the macro I created.  Once I had that, I found that "Ah ha" moment we search for.  Is there anywhere that detailed directions for the Smart Macro exists?  You know, just a plain "how to".

Thanks for the response.

HA Dave

• Helpful Post Rating: 175
« Reply #4 on: October 06, 2009, 10:34:16 AM »

Is there anywhere that detailed directions for the Smart Macro exists?  You know, just a plain "how to".

I don't know if this will give you what you want [but if you try real hard... you'll get what you need] http://kbase.x10.com/wiki/Smart_Macros. You will also find HUGE bits of helpful info here at the forum.. and you can ask [post] questions.
Home Automation is an always changing technology

X10.com | About X10 | X10 Security Systems | Cameras| Package Deals
© Copyright 2014-2016 X10.com All rights reserved.