Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5

Author Topic: S.A.R.A.  (Read 72612 times)

Tuicemen

• Administrator
  • Helpful Post Rating: 282
  • I don't work for X10, I use it successfuly!
Re: S.A.R.A.
« Reply #30 on: January 06, 2011, 05:22:13 PM »

all this talk about "interconnecting" HA software is a great idea.
it would make it easier to get things to interface and work together.
It would be great to see Bluewatch - as the main bluetooth module of HA - to be able to have the ability to connect a BT microphone in to  the PC and therefore into BVC.
I've been playing with this idea for sometime using the pairing option in BlueWatch.
BlueWatch will detect a headset when it comes back into range.
Since I now have Windows 7 64 bit I decided to revisit this.
It just took me a while to find my dongle rofl
Windows 7 will auto switch to the headset when it comes into range and you can hear any windows sound.
The microphone part also works although it is difficult to set up.
and both the speakers and the head set can produce sound at the same time  :)% something XP couldn't do!
The big issue is BVC doesn't see a microphone when the BT dongle goes out of range then comes back in.
I don't think it is so much a BVC problem as a Windows one as I noticed the volume on the dongle reset to 0  B:(
If it was just a restart of BVC that would fix it, BlueWatch could trigger it!
but I tested that theory too! B:(
So the stumbling block is not to get the headset reactivated! At least not with Windows 7 :)%
 >!
Please Read Topic:
General Forum Etiquette
Before you post!

pconroy

• Helpful Post Rating: 9
« Reply #31 on: January 06, 2011, 07:20:11 PM »

OK one step closer to total S.A.R.A. rofl

It is the software that will make S.A.R.A. a reality.

nerd-nasium???   :)

HA Dave

• Helpful Post Rating: 175
« Reply #32 on: January 06, 2011, 09:09:41 PM »

nerd-nasium???   :)

Well if a gym-nasium is filled with gym equipment.... then it would make sense.. that if you fill a room with nerd equipment is would then be a nerd-nasium.

It used to be called my office. But since I no-longer have a job... having an office seems like over-kill.
« Last Edit: January 26, 2011, 05:59:34 PM by Dave_x10_L »
Home Automation is an always changing technology

pconroy

• Helpful Post Rating: 9
« Reply #33 on: January 07, 2011, 09:43:17 PM »

made me laugh out loud when you said it
 :D

Tuicemen

• Administrator
« Reply #34 on: January 09, 2011, 05:47:00 PM »

Since I discovered the WSR Macros I've been playing more with Voice as is evident if you frequent my forum.
I dug out my Motorola S705 SoundPilot!Man very cool! I had filed it away because I couldn't get it working just right with XP but in Windows 7, WOW.
It's like those Microsoft commercials! Windows 7 my idea!
The SoundPilot is the closest thing to the Star Trek badge I've seen, and it works!
Also this device is class one so it works all over my yard, mind you I have a small yard! rofl
It doesn't continually send the discover command but I can still configure it in BlueWatch using the pairing ping option.
 >!
Please Read Topic:
General Forum Etiquette
Before you post!

Tuicemen

• Administrator
« Reply #35 on: January 26, 2011, 03:05:24 PM »

I dug out my SoundPilot today and wore it while I took the dog for a walk!
The range isn't close to the 300 feet a class1 device should have but more then I need. The PC lost its signal about 3 houses away!
It reconnected about 1 &1/2 houses away! :)%
I have a security motion sensor on my front porch which I use to trigger a Sound macro telling me someone is there.
This triggered when I exited as I heard it in the sound pilot ear buds it also triggered again when I got home. :)%
I actualy had ment to test this out earlier but always got sidetracked! ::) :'
Seeing how this all worked without the use of BlueWatch or BVC I now have a new project for tomorrows dog walk! rofl
For thouse interested I'll start a BlueWatch with BVC  thread in my forum so I can keep you updated!
 >!
« Last Edit: January 26, 2011, 05:00:00 PM by Tuicemen »
Please Read Topic:
General Forum Etiquette
Before you post!

troll334

• Helpful Post Rating: 11
« Reply #36 on: January 26, 2011, 04:11:02 PM »

Live long and prosper Tuice !! :)
AHP 3.236. CM15A. XTB-IIR. XTBM. Hauppauge 950Q.

Tuicemen

• Administrator
« Reply #37 on: January 26, 2011, 07:54:17 PM »

rofl
Thanks Troll334! ........I think! ::) :'
 >!
Please Read Topic:
General Forum Etiquette
Before you post!

Tuicemen

• Administrator
« Reply #38 on: January 27, 2011, 09:34:45 AM »

I thought I'd check out what was new for Class 1 Bluetooth since I'm convinced this is the way to go.
Not much new, but the prices have come down!
So much infact that it makes no sense for anyone to use a class 2 headset anymore!
OK, so you may not like the look of these things stuck in your ear. ::) :'
But experiments with the old class2 headset proved you could use it stuck on a shirt pocket!
 >!
« Last Edit: January 28, 2011, 04:57:17 PM by Tuicemen »
Please Read Topic:
General Forum Etiquette
Before you post!

Tuicemen

• Administrator
« Reply #39 on: March 01, 2011, 10:22:08 AM »

Many of you know I've been playing with a wifi version of BlueWatch.
I was reluctant in making this as there was other software out there that could monitor your network devices.
However many requested this version. ??? ::) :'
Does it work as well or better then the Bluetooth version?
It certainly doesn't have any more or less options (yet).
If this indeed works for users then S.A.R.A. lives! rofl
 >!
Please Read Topic:
General Forum Etiquette
Before you post!

Tuicemen

• Administrator
« Reply #40 on: February 01, 2012, 09:55:38 AM »

Many have been looking for a mobile BVC or PCC well it is here in T.A.C.

Androids don't display animated gif pics with out some added coding
Sure you can view them on the net  but that is utilizing html and it is the browser that displays them.
I've come up with away to have those facesets that we all love work on an android.  :)%
Another issue is the native google voice engine doesn't support Viceme which enables lip syncing to TTS events.
After some playing arround with some pics, and timmer code I was able to create a work arround which fools the eye.
Does T.A.C. have your favorite faceset? Maybe, it comes with nicole, max, Operator & Operator2.
It's like having a mobile BVC and PCC combined in one device as voice recognition is possible even on the limited AirPads.
With the price of android tablets below $100 some close to $50 brand new, multiple users can now use voice to control there HA systems.
If your not into Voice Recognition these tablets make a nice touch screen add to your HA systems.
« Last Edit: February 01, 2012, 06:42:40 PM by Tuicemen »
Please Read Topic:
General Forum Etiquette
Before you post!

michaelukusa

• Helpful Post Rating: 0
« Reply #41 on: September 09, 2012, 01:40:02 AM »

What happened with this thread, was interested in reading more and seeing what was going on with S.A.R.A and all this new cool HA integration of multiple software and what everyone was working on recently but it seems that almost half a year+ has gone by and no update here.

Is there another thread or forum with more up to date info, i noticed dave's site links to S.A.R.A do not work any more nor does any other site link or youtube video he has posted all have been taken down, what happened?

Tuicemen

• Administrator
« Reply #42 on: September 09, 2012, 08:55:38 AM »

With X10 having trouble getting modules produced many seen it as a dead end street to be working on projects using X10.
I myself was blasted for continually developing software which used discontinued X10 modules.
With the reintroduction of some of the modules users may start to experiment again.
Maybe some developers will also come back to coding their software which use it. ::) :'
I'm sure Dave will Jump in with an explanation for the links.
As for other threads, many ideas posted in other threads could be Incorporated into S.A.R.A.
However many users don't look at older threads and good ones like this get buried.
Please Read Topic:
General Forum Etiquette
Before you post!

HA Dave

• Helpful Post Rating: 175
« Reply #43 on: September 09, 2012, 10:01:18 PM »

What happened with this thread, was interested in reading more and seeing what was going on with S.A.R.A and all this new cool HA integration of multiple software and what everyone was working on recently

I am so sorry.... I had no idea at the time that Home Automation might not be a continual progression. It seems... that at least for now... X10 HA isn't progressing as I had hoped.

I closed down my BVC fan Site [davesdomainonline] and also removed most of the Home Automation videos I had uploaded as well. I did this because BVC [Bill's Voice Commander] is currently not being updated. And... I felt it might be wrong for me to continue to advocate for the software. Even though BVC remains at the heart of my system... without an interface... everything falls apart. So... for me... X10 and S.A.R.A. are on hold... waiting to see how everything develops.

I still live with very futuristic home automation. I purchased an Android tablet with hopes of integrating my X10 thought it.... but I couldn't get that to work. But I have found a few things tablets are good at. So... other than a security camera upgrade I haven't had a new HA project in some time. I am currently installing another Home Theater for someone else... so I am keeping up with the technologies. PLUS I continue to read here at the forum.

Home Automation is an always changing technology

Tuicemen

• Administrator
« Reply #44 on: September 10, 2012, 11:27:24 AM »

So... for me... X10 and S.A.R.A. are on hold... waiting to see how everything develops.
That is sad to hear.
I'm sure a lot of users have and would try to implement your ideas with their interfaces (what ever they maybe)
Creative Ideas/projects always lead to new developments even if done with obsolete equipment.
Just be cause someone uses X10 in S.A.R.A. doesn't mean one of the other protocols couldn't be used.
Also there are other voice programs that one could use while waiting for a BVC update.(many already are)
Please reconsider waiting on developments.

When you say you couldn't get your Android tablet to work (intergrating your X10) what were you hoping to do?
What did you try that didn't work?
Was it the apps you tried that didn't work as expected?
True the Android OS has some limitations but it is a relatively new OS.
Sharing failures is just as important as sharing successes we learn from both.
 >!
Please Read Topic:
General Forum Etiquette
Before you post!
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5

X10.com | About X10 | X10 Security Systems | Cameras| Package Deals
© Copyright 2014-2016 X10.com All rights reserved.