Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Pages: 1 [2]

Author Topic: Help needed with doorbell extension (powerflash module)  (Read 15764 times)

hdtvluvr

• Helpful Post Rating: 0
Re: Help needed with doorbell extension (powerflash module)
« Reply #15 on: December 05, 2009, 04:33:52 PM »

Success!

I ended up dropping the 120 from the box behind the doorbell chimes and added an outlet down at normal height in order to plug in the powerflash module.

I wanted to add 2 X10 chime modules. One in one location works. The other location I assume is on the other phase of the electrical panel. While it's not as important that this second location has a chime, it would be nice. What is the best way to accomplish this?

Oh, I did check the second chime unit and it does work when plugged into the first location so I know it isn't bad.

Brian H

• Community Organizer
  • Helpful Post Rating: 305
« Reply #16 on: December 05, 2009, 06:38:09 PM »

Maybe a signal sucker or power line noise maker. It could also be a split phase thing.
Have you looked at any of our troubeshooting tutorials?
Great data here also:
http://jvde.us/x10_troubleshooting.htm

Do you have an electric dryer?
Smarthome makes a passive coupler that plugs into a dryer outlet.
You can also get hard wired ones you add to the main breaker box. In that case you add two new breakers and an electrical box to hold the coupler.

You can also get a Repeater that plugs into the dryer outlet or ones that again hard wire to the breaker box.

hdtvluvr

• Helpful Post Rating: 0
« Reply #17 on: December 05, 2009, 10:41:50 PM »

Thanks for the link. Based on the info at the link I might need a passive coupler or a coupler-repeater. I'd have to get the dryer plug version for ease of installation. However, with my luck the $30 passive unit wouldn't work and I'd have to get the $100+ repeater. At the present time, it isn't worth it to possibly spend another $130 plus shipping, etc.

Thanks for all of your help.

Brian H

• Community Organizer
  • Helpful Post Rating: 305
« Reply #18 on: December 06, 2009, 06:44:27 AM »

Sounds like a good way to go and if you ever have a need the information is there.
Again I am glad the original one you needed to work is fine.
Pages: 1 [2]

X10.com | About X10 | X10 Security Systems | Cameras| Package Deals
© Copyright 2014-2016 X10.com All rights reserved.