Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Pages: 1 [2]

Author Topic: I need help with IR Extender before I lose my mind  (Read 46207 times)

HA Dave

• Helpful Post Rating: 175
Re: I need help with IR Extender before I lose my mind
« Reply #15 on: January 29, 2009, 07:18:59 PM »

I've just reviewed this thread... and can't find anywhere [and I could have missed it] where you've plugged in the little IR emitters into the Video sender unit.

Where as the red plastic part of the video receiver excepts IR [remote control] commands... the sender unit does not emit IR out the similar red plastic part. The little IR emitters must be plugged into the video receiver AND the emitters must be attached directly over the IR receiving port of the device you want to control. It is best to check the port area with a flashlight to be sure it actually is the IR port.
Home Automation is an always changing technology

snowmoman

• Helpful Post Rating: 0
« Reply #16 on: December 10, 2009, 05:06:43 PM »

Nobody, I repeat nobody has answered the question, so here goes.  After repeated calls to support, I finally found an answer.  You must put the IR sticky pads DIRECTLY OVER THE IR SENSOR OF THE DEVICE YOU WANT TO CONTROL.  IT IS NOT ENOUGH TO HAVE THEM CLOSE.  This makes a problem in and of itself, but I was able to fine tune to where both the sending room and receiving room remotes were able to work.

HA Dave

• Helpful Post Rating: 175
« Reply #17 on: December 10, 2009, 05:34:34 PM »

Nobody, I repeat nobody has answered the question, so here goes. 

Interesting that you didn't read that...

... AND the emitters must be attached directly over the IR receiving port of the device you want to control. It is best to check the port area with a flashlight to be sure it actually is the IR port.

However the most common error is that the user misses the IR port. As the device designers often incorporate the red plastic into the design.. and then the engineers have to squeeze in the IR ports. So sometimes.. the IR ports aren't where one would expect them to be.
Home Automation is an always changing technology
Pages: 1 [2]

X10.com | About X10 | X10 Security Systems | Cameras| Package Deals
© Copyright 2014-2016 X10.com All rights reserved.