Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Author Topic: Macro Nightmare  (Read 5641 times)

Trecomp

• Helpful Post Rating: 0
Macro Nightmare
« on: December 06, 2009, 10:42:56 PM »

Hi Guys,

I am new to X10 and have recently purchased a number of different items to control a few of the lights in my house. As things stand at the moment I am trying to do some very basic operations, however, I am running into issues.

I currently have:

* The Active Home software and USB tranceiver.
* WS4777 3 way light switch
* MS14A sensor

The switch is wired up and works just fine. I have installed Active Home and that seems to work fine too. I can turn the switch on and off from within the software. So far so good.

Now, I want a Macro that will turn the switch on if the sensor is trippped by someone walking in the area. I have setup the sensor and created a macro to turn on the switch if the sensor is tripped. When I test it and walk infront of the sensor, I can see that the macro runs inside the Active Home software and the little light switch image IN THE SOFTWARE turns to ON. However, the real light stays OFF. No sign of life at all.

Again, if i click the light switch image in active home by hand it operates the light no problem. When the macro flicks the switch - nothing....even thought in the software it says it is on.

Interestingly enough, if i select "all lights on" in the macro, that DOES work however I don't have the ability to set a dim level then....

Just FYI, I am using normal incandescent light bulbs.

I really have run out od ideas now. I am hoping someone may be able to offer some advice.

Many thanks in advance!

Trevor.

Mellowmark

• Helpful Post Rating: 6
  • M M Electric
Re: Macro Nightmare
« Reply #1 on: December 07, 2009, 05:41:28 AM »

Did you check the run from interface button in the macro the download the timers and macros to the unit.
M M ElectricMan

Puck

• Advanced Member
  • Helpful Post Rating: 171
« Reply #2 on: December 07, 2009, 09:17:40 AM »

twood

• Helpful Post Rating: 1
« Reply #3 on: December 07, 2009, 12:29:18 PM »

In AHP, instead of setting up your wall switch as the module it actually is, set it up as a two-way lamp module.  That'll fix it.
Life is good...even better when it's automated.

Trecomp

• Helpful Post Rating: 0
« Reply #4 on: December 08, 2009, 08:09:33 PM »

Thanks guys! That worked perfectly!

Trevor.

X10.com | About X10 | X10 Security Systems | Cameras| Package Deals
© Copyright 2014-2016 X10.com All rights reserved.