Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Author Topic: Can Someone Please Help Me? XPS3!  (Read 3828 times)

Wrwise0808

• Helpful Post Rating: 0
Can Someone Please Help Me? XPS3!
« on: January 28, 2010, 08:29:35 PM »

B:(
I really need some help here, and you guys are such a great helpful community. So i spent the last two days searching these forums but havent been able to find the answer. So here is my problem......

Two weeks ago i installed 5 WS12A switches, and they work awesome, but two of those switches were controlling my outside lights. One for the front door lights and another for driveway lights. And after a week i realized i did not want dimmable switches controlling those two lights and i wanted just normal on/off x10 switches. And replaced the dimmable WS12A with XPS3-IW and used the dimmable(WS12A) somewhere else in my house. So thats what i did.  I hooked the XPS3-IW all up yesterday and .............. PROBLEM-----> The switch works locally but will not work through AHP (house Code A5 and A6). Unless I click the "ALL LIGHTS ON" button. But it will not work by clicking the on/off button that i would normally click.  And i can't figure how to turn the light on without turning all the lights on in my house by clicking "ALL LIGHTS ON".....

PLease help me

Brian H

• Community Organizer
  • Helpful Post Rating: 305
Re: Can Someone Please Help Me? XPS3!
« Reply #1 on: January 29, 2010, 06:28:55 AM »

Try turning the House Code and Unit Code dials around a few times. It is possible they are dirty and it is set to the incorrect address. Since the All Lights On and All Units off work. It sounds like the Unit Code is incorrect. If you want to test this try all sixteen A unit codes before trying the rotating thing.

dave w

• Community Organizer
  • Helpful Post Rating: 139
« Reply #2 on: January 29, 2010, 12:15:17 PM »

I hooked the XPS3-IW all up yesterday and .............. PROBLEM-----> The switch works locally but will not work through AHP (house Code A5 and A6). Unless I click the "ALL LIGHTS ON" button. But it will not work by clicking the on/off button that i would normally click.  And i can't figure how to turn the light on without turning all the lights on in my house by clicking "ALL LIGHTS ON".....

PLease help me
Did you change the switch identification in AHP? 
"This aftershave makes me look fat"

Wrwise0808

« Reply #3 on: January 29, 2010, 06:36:23 PM »

I did change the switch style in AHP. And I am goin to try the code testing, right now. But is there such a switch that ONLY responds to "ALL LIGHTS ON".

Brian H

• Community Organizer
« Reply #4 on: January 29, 2010, 06:51:34 PM »

No X10 switch that I have ever seen only responds to a All Lights On and not a specific address also.
Since A All Lights On works. Try all the unit codes 1-16 and see if it responds to any of them. Unit 13 is the code if the dial is completely disconnected.

Wrwise0808

« Reply #5 on: January 29, 2010, 07:20:35 PM »

Thank you so much everyone!! I turned the dial code around and it started working. Must off been stuck. Thanks you guys rule!!!

Brian H

• Community Organizer
« Reply #6 on: January 30, 2010, 06:07:34 AM »

Glad it worked.
I had a new out of the box LM465 not responding to the address it was set to and it also was a dirty house or unit code dial. Must be that great Chinese contact protectant grease on the switches.  ??? ::)

-Bill- (of wgjohns.com)

• Advanced Member
  • Helpful Post Rating: 81
  • He's just this guy. You know?
    • wgjohns.com
« Reply #7 on: January 30, 2010, 09:56:17 PM »

I had a new out of the box LM465 not responding to the address it was set to and it also was a dirty house or unit code dial. Must be that great Chinese contact protectant grease on the switches.  ??? ::)

Would that be lead based, or melamine based?  ;)   :'   rofl

>!
-Bill- (of wgjohns.com)
bill@wgjohns.com

In the real world, the only constant is change.

When I'm online you can find me in the Home Automation Chat Room!

Rocket J Squirrel

• Helpful Post Rating: 2
« Reply #8 on: January 31, 2010, 01:08:07 PM »

No X10 switch that I have ever seen only responds to a All Lights On and not a specific address also.
Since A All Lights On works. Try all the unit codes 1-16 and see if it responds to any of them. Unit 13 is the code if the dial is completely disconnected.
Thank you! I have a wall switch on address J3 which has been broken for a couple of years. It responded to J All On/All Off, but not to its address. It is behind a piece of furniture which would have had to be disassembled to get to it, so we've just been living with the fact that we couldn't toggle that light without doing All J Lights on/off.

Thanks to your post, I tried J13, and it worked! Hallelujah! I added a macro in AHP to translate J3 into J13 and my life is complete! I thank you and especially my wife thanks you!

X10.com | About X10 | X10 Security Systems | Cameras| Package Deals
© Copyright 2014-2016 X10.com All rights reserved.