Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Author Topic: MT12A LM465 LM15 AllLightsOff ahcmd  (Read 12025 times)

interrupteur1

• Helpful Post Rating: 0
MT12A LM465 LM15 AllLightsOff ahcmd
« on: January 29, 2010, 10:02:32 AM »

LM465 respond properly to AllLightsOff command from MT12A Module but not from AHCMD so does LM15 module
does that mean a problem with the AHCMD program because AllLightsON in works with all
thanks

Tuicemen

• Administrator
  • Helpful Post Rating: 282
  • I don't work for X10, I use it successfuly!
Re: MT12A LM465 LM15 AllLightsOff ahcmd
« Reply #1 on: January 29, 2010, 10:56:52 AM »

Does it respond to a all lights off from AHP?
Do you have a CM15A or CM19A?
How new is the LM465?
 >!
« Last Edit: January 29, 2010, 10:59:44 AM by Tuicemen »
Please Read Topic:
General Forum Etiquette
Before you post!

interrupteur1

« Reply #2 on: January 29, 2010, 12:06:21 PM »

Does it respond to a all lights off from AHP?
Do you have a CM15A or CM19A?
How new is the LM465?
 >!
Thanks for answering
I have a cm15a , my lm 465 was bought last year wether that is old or not i don't know
What do you mean by AHP is this ahcmd ?
thanks

Tuicemen

• Administrator
« Reply #3 on: January 29, 2010, 12:16:34 PM »

ActiveHome Pro (AHP)
The software for the CM15A
AHCMD is a commandline console program found in the AHP SDK. it was added to the SDK as an example.
AHCMD does have it's drawbacks especialy handling multiple commands like Allons or alloffs.
 >!
Please Read Topic:
General Forum Etiquette
Before you post!

Brian H

• Community Organizer
  • Helpful Post Rating: 305
« Reply #4 on: January 29, 2010, 02:28:05 PM »

If your lamp modules ramp on and off in about two seconds and are about a year old. Guess here. You have an earlier version of the soft start lamp module.

A test would be sending an on and off from the MT12A at about one second intervals. If the module tries to turn on slowly with the on off cycle it is an earlier version. If it starts to rapidly go on and off then it has the latersoft start firmware.

interrupteur1

« Reply #5 on: January 29, 2010, 02:52:51 PM »

ActiveHome Pro (AHP)
AHCMD is a commandline console program found in the AHP SDK. it was added to the SDK as an example.
AHCMD does have it's drawbacks especialy handling multiple commands like Allons or alloffs.
 >!
for the on/off from the mt12 the module respond well so it may not be that old if i understood well
from vb6 ai send the command sendplc a AllLightsOn that work fine for lm15 and lm465
still from vb6 i send command sendplc a AllLightsOff and only the lm15 respond
from mt12a both command work find on both module
thanks again

Charles Sullivan

• Helpful Post Rating: 94
    • HEYU - X10 Automation for Linux, Unix, and Mac OSX
« Reply #6 on: January 29, 2010, 03:37:06 PM »

ActiveHome Pro (AHP)
 >!
for the on/off from the mt12 the module respond well so it may not be that old if i understood well
from vb6 ai send the command sendplc a AllLightsOn that work fine for lm15 and lm465
still from vb6 i send command sendplc a AllLightsOff and only the lm15 respond
from mt12a both command work find on both module
thanks again

I think you may be confusing two different commands.  The MT12A has a button for "AllOff", AKA "AllUnitsOff", which turns off both Lamp and Appliance modules.

The "AllLightsOff" is a valid but different X10 command intended to turn off only Lamp modules.  To my knowledge it has never been implemented in a push-button controller or remote, or an  X10-written GUI interface, however it can be transmitted using the ahcmd from the SDK.

In any event, many X10 lamp modules don't respond to AllLightsOff.  X-10's designs are annoyingly inconsistent.  The older (pre-2007) LM465 does not respond to it while the redesigned (2007) LM465 does.  The 0lder (pre-2007) WS467 Wall Switch does respond to it while the redesigned (2007) WS467 doesn't.

Brian H reports that there is yet another more recent (2009) version of the LM465.  Whether or not this version responds to AllLightsOff remains to be determined.
Yesterday it worked.
Today it doesn't work.
X10 on Windows is like that.

HEYU - X10 Automation for Linux, Unix, and Mac OS X     http://www.heyu.org

Brian H

• Community Organizer
« Reply #7 on: January 29, 2010, 06:06:49 PM »

Yes the All Lights Off command is very hard to find on any X10 controllers. When I did my tests. I used a Smarthome 1132CU with its Advanced Signal Test mode. As All Lights Off is a choice, besides the more common All Lights On and All Units Off.

My new LM465 Soft Start. Respond to All Lights On, All Lights Off and All Units Off. Those commands bypass the ramp and go rapidly on and off. Also a one second cycle of On and Off commands to the lamp modules address also bypass the ramping. I would say maybe a Security Console would now flash the latest LM465s like the old ones use to.
« Last Edit: January 29, 2010, 06:10:36 PM by Brian H »

Dan Lawrence

• Helpful Post Rating: 68
« Reply #8 on: January 29, 2010, 07:41:17 PM »

LM465 respond properly to AllLightsOff command from MT12A Module but not from AHCMD so does LM15 module
does that mean a problem with the AHCMD program because AllLightsON in works with all
thanks

ACHMD.exe comes with AHP.  It's used with a DOS or System (XP and above) prompt to control modules.  If you use achmd.exe you must have AHP, why don't you say so?
I don't SELL this stuff... BUT I sure do ENJOY using it!!!

Charles Sullivan

« Reply #9 on: January 29, 2010, 09:31:33 PM »

Yes the All Lights Off command is very hard to find on any X10 controllers. When I did my tests. I used a Smarthome 1132CU with its Advanced Signal Test mode. As All Lights Off is a choice, besides the more common All Lights On and All Units Off.

My new LM465 Soft Start. Respond to All Lights On, All Lights Off and All Units Off. Those commands bypass the ramp and go rapidly on and off. Also a one second cycle of On and Off commands to the lamp modules address also bypass the ramping. I would say maybe a Security Console would now flash the latest LM465s like the old ones use to.

Brian:
If your new LM465 is turned off after it's dimmed, how does it then respond to the AllLightsOn command?  I.e., does it resume the previous dim state or does it turn on to full brightness?
Yesterday it worked.
Today it doesn't work.

Dan Lawrence

• Helpful Post Rating: 68
« Reply #10 on: January 29, 2010, 10:42:26 PM »

ActiveHome Pro (AHP)
 >!

Not just the SDK, it's common to all versions of AHP.  I currently run 3.228, and my achmd.exe dates from 3/23/2005, so I've had it since I got AHP, which was in July of 2005, so I've had it as long as I've had AHP.
I don't SELL this stuff... BUT I sure do ENJOY using it!!!

Tuicemen

• Administrator
« Reply #11 on: January 30, 2010, 05:59:58 AM »

Not just the SDK, it's common to all versions of AHP.  I currently run 3.228, and my achmd.exe dates from 3/23/2005, so I've had it since I got AHP, which was in July of 2005, so I've had it as long as I've had AHP.
You maybe right Dan ::) :'.
I just checked a machine that I never installed the SDK to and it has it as well.
I 'm Not going to check my original installer to see if it is in it. ;) :D
Also dates on the file don't mean thats when you got it, it means when it was created. I have SDK files in my sdk that are Dated: Oct 2004. I got the SDK when it was first released and the AHCMD date in it is 3/23/2005. Does that mean I got SDK files before they released them to the Public? ??? ???
 >!
Please Read Topic:
General Forum Etiquette
Before you post!

Brian H

• Community Organizer
« Reply #12 on: January 30, 2010, 06:46:00 AM »

Charles; If I dim the new LM465 and then turn it off. An All Lights On, results in an instant full On. No ramp up soft start.
Actually all three commands. All Units Off, All Lights Off and All Lights On. Result in instant actions no soft on or off.
It also has a minimum dim level of maybe 25% and will not dim to zero.

Charles Sullivan

« Reply #13 on: January 30, 2010, 11:15:46 AM »

Charles; If I dim the new LM465 and then turn it off. An All Lights On, results in an instant full On. No ramp up soft start.
Actually all three commands. All Units Off, All Lights Off and All Lights On. Result in instant actions no soft on or off.
It also has a minimum dim level of maybe 25% and will not dim to zero.

Thanks Brian.

It looks like another recharacterization of the LM465 (and probably the WS467) is going to be required.  Who knows what other details they've changed.  (The non-zero min dim level is about the same as in the 2007 redesign.)
Yesterday it worked.
Today it doesn't work.

X10.com | About X10 | X10 Security Systems | Cameras| Package Deals
© Copyright 2014-2016 X10.com All rights reserved.