Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Pages: 1 2 [3]

Author Topic: Help CM15A not working  (Read 21444 times)

Brian H

• Community Organizer
  • Helpful Post Rating: 305
Re: Help CM15A not working
« Reply #30 on: March 13, 2010, 06:38:30 AM »

Sounds like you maybe having a signal sucker or noise issue that makes the CM15A and TM751 look like they have changed.
Have you added or moved anything in the home that is electronic. Especially computers, UPS units, cell phone or device chargers.
Some new electronically controlled appliances have been reported to cause power line problems also.
If you use CFLs one maybe near end of life and now causing problems.

x10dude

• Helpful Post Rating: 5
« Reply #31 on: March 17, 2010, 05:05:39 PM »

I would say the same thing. The biggest signal suckers for me were my energy-efficient washer and dryer, my laser printer, my UPS, and my wine fridge. I used a plug-in 15amp AF120 filter for each and haven't had a problem with noise since. Also, note that I had to add a signal amplifier to my breaker box to ensure the signal would bypass all the filters I ended up installing - lots of the smaller 5amp filters are all over the house.

evadorev

• Helpful Post Rating: 4
« Reply #32 on: March 28, 2010, 10:10:20 PM »

salut papapaul

Est-tu capable de controler tes modules à partir de AHP directement ou via une télécommande ?

Si tu vérifies dans activity monitor et que t`as pas les off, c`est surement pas un problème de bruit, le bruit empêche pas la transmission des commandes, d`autant plus que tes modules allument tous.

Mary had a little lamp, little lamp, controlled by X10 !!!! (kid song!!)

HA Dave

• Helpful Post Rating: 175
« Reply #33 on: March 28, 2010, 10:34:39 PM »

hello papapaul Are you able to directly control your modules starting from AHP or via a remote control? If you check in activity monitor and that T `ace not off, C `is surely not a problem of noise, the noise does not prevent the transmission of the orders, D `as much more than your modules light all. 

You have to set the house address (the letter) you want transceived. In "tools" then "Hardware Configuration". There is always a chance of a noise problem. But most likely transmission problems will be "phase issues".

Translation by http://babelfish.yahoo.com/translate_txt
« Last Edit: March 28, 2010, 10:41:16 PM by Dave_x10_L »
Home Automation is an always changing technology

hal2000

• Helpful Post Rating: -1
« Reply #34 on: April 03, 2010, 03:07:48 PM »

Thanks to all who have responded with help and suggestions.   :)%

I finally tracked down my problem, a seldom used cable box had burnt out, but was still 'on'. Once that was disconnected all returned to normal. Now I'm wondering if I should be brave and reinstall the CFLs that I removed.

Jason B

• Helpful Post Rating: 1
« Reply #35 on: March 08, 2019, 02:29:28 AM »

SO, same issues here after 5+ hours it stops working. IDEAS?

HA Dave

• Helpful Post Rating: 175
« Reply #36 on: March 08, 2019, 08:17:51 AM »

Have you checked you history/activity report (trying to remember the correct name/term). There might be a clue there.
« Last Edit: March 08, 2019, 08:21:02 AM by HA Dave »
Home Automation is an always changing technology

Jason B

« Reply #37 on: March 08, 2019, 12:18:16 PM »

Have you checked you history/activity report (trying to remember the correct name/term). There might be a clue there.

I don't think I can do that, as I don't have the Active home software installed, i think what i have may use a few drivers from it though. I'll paste my other reply here:

I've had a cm15a for probably 7 years and use it with an Iphone app called x10 commander, by melloware. This lets you use an iphone to control your devices with the cm15a plugged into your computer.

This has worked out great for years, 7 years. Now, every few hours it stops working and commands don't work, unless I unplug the cm15a out of the outlet and wait a bit and try it again. When I do that, all the commands that I tried to use from the iphone will happen afterwards (like it stored the command I pressed on the iphone in memory somehow, which then makes a lot of stuff turn off and on later) It's gotten worse over time and didn't just instantly start doing this. But now I can only go 3-4 hours before it stops doing the commands. Ideas?

I was going to get a new cm15a but after reading a few posts, it seems that may not fix it.

All I need installed for this to work was the host app, x-10 commander, on the pc, and the x-10 commander app on the iphone, which works over 3g or wifi. In task manager the only things I see are: X10commander.exe and X10nets.exe

Any advice is welcome as this is driving me insane. THe app also have it's on log file, but it doesn't show any errors for this type of problem it seems.

Also, I don't use the active home software, I don't need it with this, but I think there are files installed in the background of course to make my setup work.

I recently installed this yesterday, but it didn't fix the issue. The below is from one of the authors of x10 commander that was trying to hekp me also. "Jackie install this http://melloware.biz/download/warez/ahsdk_install.exe

The above install, installs the latest Active HOME and DLL drivers.  You can 
see from the X10 Commander log you sent me here is the version of the 
DLL you are running right now.

12/15/2018 4:26:50 PM [ INFO]   INIT X10 COM Object found and being loaded
12/15/2018 4:26:50 PM [ INFO]   INIT X10 COM v313
12/15/2018 4:26:50 PM [ INFO]   INIT X10 DLL v3.0.0.313 "

I have also found if I unplug the cm15a for 10 sec (no batteries in it) then re-plug back in, then close you the x10 commander app and re-open it will work again, but maybe for only 1 hr, 5 hours, then it stops.....

Edit, some other things that we may not know about, not sure if I should try any of this:

https://forums.homeseer.com/forum/lighting-primary-technology-plug-ins/lighting-primary-technology-discussion/x10-homeseer/99169-x10-cm15a-plugin-beta-releases?postcount=3

https://www.hcatech.com/download/V13/Doc/TechNote_CM15_10.pdf
« Last Edit: March 08, 2019, 12:22:15 PM by Jason B »

Jason B

« Reply #38 on: March 08, 2019, 09:15:30 PM »

LATEST:

Nothing is plugged into the usb on front of the computer except this. In the back, just mouse, keyboard and printer that have always been there.

I then found a brand new printer usb cable that takes the same end as the cm15a, and it worked for a while, then stopped again. I also unplugged and IR543 that wasn't in use. Same thing.

I did try the device manager to see the connection for the cm15a in there, and sometimes it says "unrecognized"

Now, the last thing is, I have the cm15a plugged into a battery backup that goes to the pc without other things plugged into it of course. I did replace this battery backup like 6 months ago and this new one is a different brand. The ONLY thing I didn't try yet it plugging in the cm15a into a stand along outlet, but I don't have one close, that's why I have the battery backup, which everything is plugged into. Maybe I need an extension cord to bypass the cm15a from being plugged into the battery backup???

LostDog88

• Helpful Post Rating: 2
« Reply #39 on: March 08, 2019, 09:51:18 PM »

Maybe I need an extension cord to bypass the cm15a from being plugged into the battery backup???

^^^^THIS

Jason B

« Reply #40 on: March 09, 2019, 05:50:32 AM »

Maybe I need an extension cord to bypass the cm15a from being plugged into the battery backup???

^^^^THIS

Damnit! Tried a new outlet with it not plugged into the battery backup, tt worked for like 5 hours, then stopped again. New outlet. Crap... THen I unplugged it, waited 10 sec, plugged back in, and then the command I had hit earlier all happened after plugging back in. I thought this might have fixed it, but no... Now what? I can try another outlet since I have this extension cord, but just tried it....

Brian H

• Community Organizer
  • Helpful Post Rating: 305
« Reply #41 on: March 09, 2019, 06:04:07 AM »

It does sound like you have issues with the USB connections.
Could be the USB controller in the computer, the USB cable or the CM15A has issues.
Have you verified you have the latest USB drivers for the computer?

UPS units can be signal suckers if its AC Line input is connected to the same circuit as the CM15A interface. CM15A should never be on the UPS's filtered outputs. I have my UPS on a ten amp FilterLinc and the automation interface plugged into the front unfiltered pass through AC outlet.

Jason B

« Reply #42 on: March 09, 2019, 06:13:28 AM »

It does sound like you have issues with the USB connections.
Could be the USB controller in the computer, the USB cable or the CM15A has issues.
Have you verified you have the latest USB drivers for the computer?

UPS units can be signal suckers if its AC Line input is connected to the same circuit as the CM15A interface. CM15A should never be on the UPS's filtered outputs. I have my UPS on a ten amp FilterLinc and the automation interface plugged into the front unfiltered pass through AC outlet.

Thank you Brian! I do have the monitor for the computer plugged into a filter first before it goes into the ups as years ago I figure out that the 24” monitor made noise that made other switches not work. Only filter I have and ever needed.

I have never updated the usb drivers. It’s windows 7 machine that is probably 7 years old. Have advice on how to do that? somewhat of a newbie but can understand instructions :)
Pages: 1 2 [3]

X10.com | About X10 | X10 Security Systems | Cameras| Package Deals
© Copyright 2014-2016 X10.com All rights reserved.