Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Author Topic: Which product is right for me?  (Read 7854 times)

julze1986

• Helpful Post Rating: 0
Which product is right for me?
« on: March 19, 2010, 05:15:17 PM »

I guess I'm just confused about what the difference is between the Wireless Video Sender and the Wireless Video Sender L2 is.  I know that the regular sender does not send from computers without special adapters (I do not have RCA output on my computer), and I know that the L2 has a USB cable so you can send it from computers.  If the L2 has more positives, I guess I'm just curious as to why the regular is $49 but the L2 (which seems to be better) is only $29 dollars.  The website is unclear and leads me to believe I can use the L2 as a transmitter for my cable box as well.  Is this true?  Or is this just an expansion pack and in order to transmit from both cable and computer you need both products?

I want to be able to transmit from both my cable box AND my computer (but not both at the same time, I'm fine with switching the hookups).  I want to do this without having too much to deal with, and preferably under the $80 that it would cost me to get both products. Or does anyone know of a different product where I can do both without an abundance of gadgets.

nybuck

• Helpful Post Rating: 17
Re: Which product is right for me?
« Reply #1 on: March 19, 2010, 06:58:02 PM »

I replied on your duplicate post.  Just a couple of additional comments:  -:)

The platinum video sender is on sale for $39.99 at times without the universal remote...
The Big Picture Kit will send PC video that is set for 640x480, as a TV has much lower resolution than a computer monitor.  It has the VGA adapter box included with the kit.
The mouse remote works on 9-pin serial, and it includes a PS2 adapter.  That's the little round mouse plug, if you don't have a serial port.

Hope it works for you!   ;D
>!

X10.com | About X10 | X10 Security Systems | Cameras| Package Deals
© Copyright 2014-2016 X10.com All rights reserved.