Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Author Topic: Viewing on Windows 7  (Read 9402 times)

bernsports

• Helpful Post Rating: 1
Viewing on Windows 7
« on: March 23, 2010, 01:38:29 PM »

I got a new laptop with Windows 7 and I can't view my cameras on gate x10.

On Vista, I had to click on the Compatibility View to change that and then download the Active X on the pop up screen.  Once I did that, it worked like a charm.

I follow the same steps with Windows 7 with no luck.  I click dowload Active X and it starts the dowload after I allow it.  When it appears to be done downloading, I just get the red X symbol instead of the Vanguard cameras showing up.

Am I missing a step that I probably forgot about?

Thanks,
Bernsports

bernsports

• Helpful Post Rating: 1
Re: Viewing on Windows 7
« Reply #1 on: March 23, 2010, 04:17:06 PM »

Finally!  After several hours of clicking, moving, and changing various settings, I got it to work.  I think the one step I was missing was to go into the IE property settings and click on "Run as administrator". 

Once I did that and went back to "gate.x10.com", I was again asked to download the Active X Controls and this time it actually downloaded it and asked me to run it.  Once that was done, my connect screen came up and all was good.

So for me, I had to:

1.  Go to the IE properties and click on "Run As Administrator".
2.  click on the "Compatibility View".
3.  Then download & run the Active X Controls.

Hope that helps and saves the next person a few extra hours.  ;D

Bernsports

Brian H

• Community Organizer
  • Helpful Post Rating: 305
« Reply #2 on: March 23, 2010, 06:12:29 PM »

Thank you for the information.
I am sure it will be a help to others.

lhntx

• Helpful Post Rating: 0
« Reply #3 on: April 18, 2010, 02:30:12 PM »

I have the same problem.  I want to view remotely on my laptop which uses 64bit WIN 7 Pro.  I tried the administrator trick and that FINALLY allowed me to get to the gate.x10, but when I put in my id and password IE8 crashes.  Any suggestions??  Also... the logon screen asks for a user name, password and access ID.  What is the access id?????  This whole process has been exceedingly frustrating, and I consider myself to be very tech savy.  I really pitty the clueless non-techy
user trying to install this system!!!
Update: I have now figured out to leave user name blank, type in the password, and the access ID is the hex address assigned by the software on the pC that is running the cams.  I am ONLINE on the PC running the cam software, but I when I try to connect to the site and user id on my WIN 7 laptop, it will never connect. It seems to be timing out.  I click on the "status" button and there are no error messages.  just system load, shutting down interfaces, and leaving application onstop messages and the bar next to the status button seems to be some type of status meter.  It sure would be nice to have some type of user manual for this software to explain what in the hell is going on!   B:(

Update:  I've now brought my laptop to my office to see if being on a network other than my home network would make a differece. Nope. Still cannot connect with gate.x10 to view my cams at home.  The Vanguard software running my  cams at home says that it is connected/online.  IS ANYONE AWARE OF ANY TROUBLESHOOTING STEPS?  I CAN"T FIND MUCH DOCUMENATION ANYWHERE.  I also assume that the "scan" option meant the software would go from cam1 to cam2 to cam3 (etc) at the interval speficied, but that does not seem to work either.  I do not yet have the motion detectors hooked up since they require batteries (how does one know when the batteries are dead?  why not use the power to the cameras?).  Will adding the motion detectors change anything?

IS ANYONE OUT THERE that knows how to make these things work???????

PC at home running the cams: WIN XP  on a netbook
PC used to view remotely (hopefully): WIN 7 Pro
« Last Edit: April 19, 2010, 06:20:18 PM by lhntx »

tbohman

• Helpful Post Rating: 0
« Reply #4 on: May 15, 2010, 04:23:26 PM »

it all works good on mine with the motion detectors and the internet also get the cams on my blackberry

X10.com | About X10 | X10 Security Systems | Cameras| Package Deals
© Copyright 2014-2016 X10.com All rights reserved.