Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Author Topic: PHC06  (Read 10033 times)

ranger88

• Helpful Post Rating: 0
PHC06
« on: April 07, 2010, 08:04:26 PM »

Wondering if anyone has had problems getting the PHC06 to work with answering machines.  I guess not all answering machines work with the PHC06.  I would hate to get another answering machine to get it to work with the PHC06.  Maybe there's a simple mod?  I might try opening up my answering machine.  Any suggestions?  Thanks in advance.

dave w

• Community Organizer
  • Helpful Post Rating: 139
Re: PHC06
« Reply #1 on: April 07, 2010, 08:53:22 PM »

Wondering if anyone has had problems getting the PHC06 to work with answering machines.  I guess not all answering machines work with the PHC06.  I would hate to get another answering machine to get it to work with the PHC06.  Maybe there's a simple mod?  I might try opening up my answering machine.  Any suggestions?  Thanks in advance.
I used one with two different Panasonic answering machines and they coexisted. But what are you asking when you say "Maybe there is a simple mod"...simple mod for what? Do you now have a PHC06 that does not play nice with your answering machine? If so, what is it doing?
"This aftershave makes me look fat"

ranger88

« Reply #2 on: April 07, 2010, 10:04:51 PM »

Yeah, I have a GE answering machine that does not want to work with the PHC06.  I guess it has an auto shut-off if the extension picks up.  When I call the AM, it will shut off when the PHC06 picks up.  And then the line drops.  The only way I got it to work once was by setting the delay to 15 seconds, and starting talking (leaving a message) so the AM wouldn't shut off.  If the AM does not hear voice within a few seconds, it shuts off.  The whole line shuts off.  So I never get to hear the PHC06 come on.  Strange...

Brian H

• Community Organizer
  • Helpful Post Rating: 305
« Reply #3 on: April 08, 2010, 06:55:00 PM »

As soon as the Answering Machine answers and indicates to start recording. Sent the three digit Security PIN Code and see if that does something different. When the answering machine picks up. The PHC06 just listens for the PIN Code.

Have you used the third digit of the PIN Code to flash a light module? I use mine to trigger a chime module so I know the phone was ringing in a part of the  house where I can't hear it.
« Last Edit: April 08, 2010, 07:09:00 PM by Brian H »

nybuck

• Helpful Post Rating: 17
« Reply #4 on: April 08, 2010, 07:08:50 PM »

I'm wondering if the PHC06 is plugged into a second phone jack on the answering machine.

I realize it's a long shot, but I had a machine that had a second jack and would sense that phone picked up and stop the ans machine.  If you picked up another phone in the house, it would continue... 
« Last Edit: April 08, 2010, 09:17:44 PM by nybuck »
>!

ranger88

« Reply #5 on: April 08, 2010, 11:38:09 PM »

Thanks for those replies.  The GE answering machine has a phone jack too.  I have tried both ways; connecting the PHC06 to the jack on the machine as well as a jack in another room.  The PHC06 works perfectly WITHOUT the answering machine.  I also used the third digit of the PIN Code to beep a Universal Module.  It beeps when a call comes in, no problem.  I tried entering my PHC06 PIN as soon as the answering machine picks up.  It cuts off.  I guess the GE answering machine is made to cut off if it doesn't hear someone leaving a message.  I tried leaving a message (to keep the machine on) while trying to enter PHC06 PIN Code (tough to do).  I got it to work only once.  Guess it's not going to work with this answering machine...

Brian H

• Community Organizer
  • Helpful Post Rating: 305
« Reply #6 on: April 09, 2010, 06:13:17 AM »

That is different. My X10 version TR16A when my GE phone/Answering Machine answers and says record message. I input my three PIN numbers and the TR16A takes over. Could be my machine doesn't drop the phone line. Though I thought the TR16A would size it. OH well.

X10.com | About X10 | X10 Security Systems | Cameras| Package Deals
© Copyright 2014-2016 X10.com All rights reserved.