Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Author Topic: PR511 Flood Lights can they be set to trigger same chime?  (Read 3867 times)

everydayflyer

• Helpful Post Rating: 5

If you have two or more PR511 flood lights set to the same House and Unit codes as the PS561 console so that they can be turned on and off with a keybob can they also be set to the same +1 or will they conflict.

Console A1 ,floods A1 +1  chime A2.

I know one flood can use the + numbers to turn on another flood and so on but I want one to work as motion sensor during the day (I have a dusk,dawn added to prevent lights from operating during the day) but both of them to trigger a SC546A chime at night.

Sorting out what can and can not work together in a friendly manner is a real challenge at time.

Brandt

• Helpful Post Rating: 11
  • Sorry miss, I was giving myself an oil-job.
Re: PR511 Flood Lights can they be set to trigger same chime?
« Reply #1 on: May 05, 2010, 06:09:27 PM »

Yes, although you will not know which PR511 originated the signal.

everydayflyer

• Helpful Post Rating: 5
« Reply #2 on: May 05, 2010, 07:56:19 PM »

Understood and true but the one with the dusk to dawn sensor is used as a driveway  and front wall way monitor and the other one is down on my shop. I only have to look out a window at night to see which light or lights are tripped.

My concern was the signal from one stepping on the other. For whatever reason I am having more issues with these floods than the rest of the system. When I got up this morning I found the one on the shop on so I used the keyfob (KR10A) to turn it off and then later decided to see what was up with it. I turned it on with the KR10A and then it would not turn off again. I tried doing the reset (if flood will not turn off routine) and ended up taking it down so I could swap the sensor. Got it working and reinstalled it ,checked the problem one on the bench and it works fine for now,go figure.

HA Dave

• Helpful Post Rating: 175
« Reply #3 on: May 05, 2010, 10:13:10 PM »

..... prevent lights from operating during the day) but both of them to trigger a SC546A chime at night.

The larger your setup gets... the bigger or more confusing your problem will become. You can have a setup where; "the chime means this or that" or if this happens; "that light will come on". Or you can even use the sounder on a Universal Module (UM506) for a different sound (I've been there).

The best-only way to get good notices and information is use a Home Automation Computer (running 24/7) and use a program like BVC (my favorite) or PC Companion (I am sure there are others) to actually "speak" the desired message/warning. I have a small speaker network.... that even includes a speaker outside. The outside speaker is switched on when "wrong" outside activity is detected. I think the warning should be a good deterrent.
Home Automation is an always changing technology

X10.com | About X10 | X10 Security Systems | Cameras| Package Deals
© Copyright 2014-2016 X10.com All rights reserved.