Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Author Topic: Battery Indicator Light  (Read 2814 times)

fairmont

• Helpful Post Rating: 0
Battery Indicator Light
« on: May 14, 2010, 08:28:45 AM »

My battery indicator light stays on even with a fresh battery.  Is this a common problem?  Also, with a fresh battery in place, is the backup in use, even though the light remains on?  Thanks for all your assistance.

dbemowsk

• Helpful Post Rating: 21
    • PHP Web Scripting
Re: Battery Indicator Light
« Reply #1 on: May 14, 2010, 08:34:36 AM »

My battery indicator light stays on even with a fresh battery.  Is this a common problem?  Also, with a fresh battery in place, is the backup in use, even though the light remains on?  Thanks for all your assistance.

Your battery indicator light on what?  You have not indicated anything about what kind of equipment this is.  Without more information we cannot help you.
Dan Bemowski
Owner of PHP Web Scripting LLC
Programmer of RemoteWatch X10
User of any X10 products I can get my hands on.

HA Dave

• Helpful Post Rating: 175
« Reply #2 on: May 14, 2010, 09:05:49 AM »

.... You have not indicated anything about what kind of equipment this is. 

We should wait for fairmont to confirm before we move this post to the "Home Security/problems and troubleshooting" thread. But based on fairmont's other post.... I would guess (risky I know) that he is referring to the DS7000 console.

However.... I am not sure that would make sense.. as that would mean the console isn't plugged in.
« Last Edit: May 14, 2010, 09:08:47 AM by Dave_x10_L »
Home Automation is an always changing technology

Brian H

• Community Organizer
  • Helpful Post Rating: 305
« Reply #3 on: May 14, 2010, 10:36:22 AM »

Or if it is plugged in and the outlet is live. Its power supply may have gone belly up.

HA Dave

• Helpful Post Rating: 175
« Reply #4 on: May 14, 2010, 11:11:57 AM »

Or if it is plugged in and the outlet is live. Its power supply may have gone belly up.

I was thinking of the PS561 alarm console... which plugs in with no wall-wart. But even then... the same idea applies. Could be a bad or worn receptacle or a plug that is on a switch (that gets turned off).
Home Automation is an always changing technology

Brian H

• Community Organizer
  • Helpful Post Rating: 305
« Reply #5 on: May 14, 2010, 11:37:02 AM »

The PS561 has an internal power supply section and it could also have failed or maybe a poor solder joint.  ::)

everydayflyer

• Helpful Post Rating: 5
« Reply #6 on: May 14, 2010, 11:56:14 AM »

My DS7000 ( PS561)has a green LED  which indicated AC Power which is on  when connected to AC or disconnected from AC. It has a red LED  Battery Low which comes on when the battery is low.  I believe the confusion stems from using the green LEB to indicate both AC power good  / or battery good. Problem is that AC Can be left disconnected as when going around with the console to reinitialize sensors and then failing to reconnect it to AC.

X10.com | About X10 | X10 Security Systems | Cameras| Package Deals
© Copyright 2014-2016 X10.com All rights reserved.