Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Pages: 1 2 [3]

Author Topic: Does having a stucco home doom me to failure?  (Read 23846 times)

lhntx

• Helpful Post Rating: 0
Re: Does having a stucco home doom me to failure?
« Reply #30 on: July 16, 2010, 10:12:51 AM »

thanks so much for all of your help. I'm going to get this thing working come hell or high water.
So... I purchased a CM15A yesterday and it comes with the AHP software, so I want to make sure that I do this right.
My understanding is that I will..
1. remove the CM19A and TM751 and replace them with the CM15A
2. replace the Vanguare software with the new software that comes with the CM15A.
3. replace the CM15A antennae with one from the TM751.

Is this correct?
THANKS !!! :)%

dave w

• Community Organizer
  • Helpful Post Rating: 139
« Reply #31 on: July 16, 2010, 03:22:41 PM »

thanks so much for all of your help. I'm going to get this thing working come hell or high water.
So... I purchased a CM15A yesterday and it comes with the AHP software, so I want to make sure that I do this right.
My understanding is that I will..
1. remove the CM19A and TM751 and replace them with the CM15A
2. replace the Vanguare software with the new software that comes with the CM15A.
3. replace the CM15A antennae with one from the TM751.

Is this correct?
THANKS !!! :)%
Since the CM15A is new and under warranty, you might want to do one of the "non invasive " antenna mods rather than the TM751 antenna mod which calls for opening the case, soldering, and case modification for the new antenna.

The "non invasive" mod is described many places in this forum, so I won't regurgitate, but essentially consists of simply winding a few turns of light wire around the existing CM15A antenna and allowing the remaining wire to dangle.
"This aftershave makes me look fat"

lhntx

« Reply #32 on: July 16, 2010, 04:53:03 PM »

I'm not having much luck with the antennae search. I searched the ENTIRE forum and found one mention of taping a piece of coathanger to the antennae and one mention of the remove/replace/void the warrenty method. :-\

dave w

• Community Organizer
  • Helpful Post Rating: 139
« Reply #33 on: July 16, 2010, 05:45:16 PM »

I'm not having much luck with the antennae search. I searched the ENTIRE forum and found one mention of taping a piece of coathanger to the antennae and one mention of the remove/replace/void the warrenty method. :-\

I searched for "CM15A Antenna mod" and got 16 pages of hits.  Regardless try the second page of this thread:
http://forums.x10.com/index.php?topic=4746.0

I would try the CM15A with no mod first. It may work fine since your house is small. If it does not receive the RF signals from all your motion sensors then try wrapping the antenna with a longer wire. Use a small gage (24-28) wire Even un-insulated wire for tying up plants will work fine.

Did you get all your cameras switching ON and OFF properly. Your thread started with a PLC problem, not a RF range problem?
"This aftershave makes me look fat"

lhntx

« Reply #34 on: July 16, 2010, 06:02:31 PM »

Thanks!
I actually still have multiple issues:

1. getting cameras to turn on/off is very erratic
2. one camera seemed to never turn off so I removed it from the system
3. I've never gotten the motion detectors to work
4. I've never gotten the email notification to work (maybe related to 3)

I'm hoping that this new transceiver and software might fix many of these issue.

THANKS AGAIN EVERYONE FOR ALL OF THE HELP. This can all be very overwhelming because there are so many different parts and issues. #:)

lhntx

When will this endless nightmore to get this working ever end?
« Reply #35 on: July 20, 2010, 03:26:32 PM »

I'm still waiting for the CM15a to arrive, but now I seem to have run across something new that I wasn't expecting until I was able to read the manual.

How do I monitor the security cameras with the CM15A?  It looks like I now have to fork out $70 MORE dollars for iWatch softare to replace the Vanguard or can Vanguard run along with the HomePro?  Crap.  When will this ever end? I just want a simple camera to send me an email photo if something moves in the monitored area, which is what my original purchase promised but has not yet (after 4 MONTHS of tweeking!) been yet able to deliver.

This seems to be getting more and more complicated and expensive with each passing day.

Brian H

• Community Organizer
  • Helpful Post Rating: 305
« Reply #36 on: July 20, 2010, 03:45:10 PM »

Did you order an AHP package deal or the CM15A with AHP alone?

lhntx

« Reply #37 on: July 20, 2010, 03:55:17 PM »

I'm not quite sure.  The x10 is so darned difficult to find anything that I felt lucky that I even found what I did.  The cost was only about $35, so I assume that it was not a package deal, but then again I didn't even know that there was such a thing and nothing on the site mentioned a package deal or need for any other software. I was sent an email confirmation that  had 4 links for software to download, but my I get so much x10 SPAM every single day that I accidentally deleted it. I called them today and was resent links today, but they are AHP, Smarmacro, and myhouseonline.  I realize that is only three, so I don't know what the 4th was.

nybuck

• Helpful Post Rating: 17
« Reply #38 on: July 20, 2010, 05:38:38 PM »

Sounds like you're missing the IWatchout, which is the camera plugin.  They generally sell the CM-15A with all 4 plugins (the other one is OnAlert, which lets you monitor windows, doors and security motion sensors) for $49.99...  Yes, the $29.99 deal is rather confusing, and if you buy the plugins separately, you could easily pay $200! 
The package deals on X10 are the only way to go!
>!

Brian H

• Community Organizer
  • Helpful Post Rating: 305
« Reply #39 on: July 20, 2010, 06:29:57 PM »

Can even get more confusing.
They have a $9.99 AHP package where it has a TM751 Tranceiver and a CM19A USB dongle that is RF only. The latest AHP 3.271 has support added for the CM19A. I have one on order as I want to see how it works and we are now seeing more with this package here.

Depends on when you look and where you look. The original or improved site.  ::)
Original site. Appliance module thrown in and all the common plug ins.
http://www.x10.com/promotions/cm15a_am466_large_home.html

lhntx

« Reply #40 on: July 25, 2010, 12:06:36 PM »

Well, I received the CM15A and all of the required AHP software including iWatch (I had to call tech support to get that thrown in for free since there isn't anything in any of the 2 packages that even mentions that this is needed). The website is big on HYPE and poor on details.  So far - no improvement at all.  I added extra wire to the antennae.  No noticable effect. I still can't get any better video reception (not that I really expected too because it still depends on the VR36A which is a JOKE).  I've tried creating macros that start when the motion detectors detect motion.  There is no simple COPY command of course, so you have to create each one from scratch.  I tried copying the actual code itself, but that didn't work correctly.  The software is POORLY designed.  I still can't figure out when changes are saved.  Sometimes it seems to be automatic, and other times I have to manualy save after every single tweak, but that doesn' matter in the long run because  they continously all want to run at the same time even without triggers, but the BIG issue is that AHP crashes, crashes, crashes, crashes, ad nauseum.  I evern tried deleting all of my macros and just try and see if I can get just ONE to work, but of course crash, crash, crash, crash.   B:( 
Pages: 1 2 [3]

X10.com | About X10 | X10 Security Systems | Cameras| Package Deals
© Copyright 2014-2016 X10.com All rights reserved.