Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Author Topic: Z-wave compatible with....... (help) (I'd like a Schlage lock on X10 system!)  (Read 21652 times)

zrmindless

• Helpful Post Rating: 0

Can you guys give me a rundown of WHAT is compatible with X10? I really want a keypad/lock such as the z-wave Schlage but need to know what's compatible with what. Thanks ALLLLL!
Shawn

Brian H

• Community Organizer
  • Helpful Post Rating: 305

ZWave and X10 are completely different protocols and can not be mixed.
ZWave is strictly RF and has to be registered to a Master Controller to add and remove from a system.
Slave controllers can access them but not add or remove from the system.

There maybe an X10 type remote lock similar to the one you are referencing or a home automation controller that can do ZWave and X10 interfaces.
« Last Edit: July 06, 2010, 08:36:41 AM by Brian H »

dave w

• Community Organizer
  • Helpful Post Rating: 139

Go to "Smarthome.com" and click on the X10 link to see just about everything using X10 protocol on the market. I do not think there are any X10 locks, although you could use X10 to activate a striker plate...but X10 isn't secure. 
« Last Edit: July 06, 2010, 08:59:46 PM by dave w »
"This aftershave makes me look fat"

nybuck

• Helpful Post Rating: 17

Can you guys give me a rundown of WHAT is compatible with X10?

I'll start the list:

IBM Home Director
RCA Home Automation
Black and Decker Freewire
Radio Shack Plug-N-Power
Insteon Smarthome

What else ???
>!

Brian H

• Community Organizer
  • Helpful Post Rating: 305

Black and Decker Freewire is not 100% X10 compatible. Though they where an OEM from X10.
Power line items are completely compatible.

Their RF devices are not; as they use a different frequency. So an X10 remote will not work through their Messenger Hub and their remotes will not work through an X10 Tranceiver. Though their respective remote and transceiver can control any X10 power line device.

I did like the Messenger Hubs Scene feature where you could use one button on the Master Remote to turn on or off four addresses added to the scene. 

« Last Edit: July 06, 2010, 12:43:19 PM by Brian H »

zrmindless

• Helpful Post Rating: 0

Thanks for all the info guys. Since I got a few pros' attention, I'm having a major problem with my X10 door/window sensors. I've got a simple macro that turns on a light when A) it's nighttime, B) that same light isn't already on, and C) my front door opens. However, nomatter how I set up the door/window sensor, I can't get it to activate this macro. Please help! I feel pretty sad I can't even get simple macros to work. The only other macro I have that works is when it's nighttime and a motion sensor is tripped, it turns on the outside lights. other than it having a bad idea of when nighttime starts & ends, this one works.
Please help!
Thanks!
Shawn

X10.com | About X10 | X10 Security Systems | Cameras| Package Deals
© Copyright 2014-2016 X10.com All rights reserved.