Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Pages: 1 2 [3]

Author Topic: A New Stable version of AHP  (Read 39005 times)

Dan Lawrence

• Helpful Post Rating: 68
Re: A New Stable version of AHP
« Reply #30 on: November 13, 2010, 09:12:06 AM »

I note if you totally uninstall AHP fully (the uninstaller allows total uninstall including the two folders that AHP creates) almost every version runs correctly.  I listed 3.271 as a buggy version along with 3.326, but right now I'm running 3.271 with no problems and I've run up to 3.296 with no problems.  I suspect just installing a new version over an older one in a couple of years results in a lot of detritus from older versions that may cause problems.   

I don't use any plug-ins (don't need any).  I went back to 3.271 because the entry screen in 296 is so big if you don't use plug-ins you get ActiveHome Pro in orange and 7 greyed out plug-ins in a window so big it blocks your room for 10 seconds  
« Last Edit: November 13, 2010, 09:15:30 AM by Dan Lawrence »
I don't SELL this stuff... BUT I sure do ENJOY using it!!!

J.B.

• Helpful Post Rating: 16
« Reply #31 on: November 13, 2010, 09:16:07 AM »

I went back to 3.271 because the entry screen in 296 is so big if you don't use plug-ins you get ActiveHome Pro in orange and 7 greyed out plug-ins in a window so big it blocks your room for 10 seconds

Try clicking on the plug-ins splash screen, it'll instantly vanish and you don't have to wait for it to show all the registered plug-in icons.

akeene

• Helpful Post Rating: 3
« Reply #32 on: April 10, 2011, 11:13:41 PM »

Ver 3.310 is out. check it out
Automation is easy.. " I know"  "RIGHT " Just push a button!
Is this the modern we grew up wishing for?
I still drive my 1953 MG TD.

lodtrack

• Helpful Post Rating: 6
Re: A New Stable version of AHP(careful what you ask for)
« Reply #33 on: April 11, 2011, 05:24:49 AM »

The thread started with a stability question but quickly spread to issues of quality control etc. I see many of you in this forum with thousands of posts and high percentage helpful ratings. It makes me wonder what you would do with your spare time if X10 worked as it should?  :D
When I'm having a bad day,(fewer now that I'm retired) I read posts here. The frustration level of some Newbie's always makes me feel better!

X10 stuff does work but mostly takes the patience of Jobe to get there. My comment to my friends is that X10 stuff is a "solution to no problem"
The recent example is my attempt to set up the old security console, Vanguard complete with 2 Ninja's and AHP with all plugins and Myhouse online.
I got it all working after reading many helpful posts here of which some of you contributed. I felt empowered to have conquered the hardware and software problems presented by X10.

With the cheapest state of the art security system now working (and the X10 disease presently in remission), I wonder if it is time to start locking the doors to my home. In this small Northern Ontario community, we never do.....   ;)

dave w

• Community Organizer
  • Helpful Post Rating: 139
« Reply #34 on: April 11, 2011, 10:37:35 AM »

IMHO X10 would be out of business if not for this forum. I wonder if they agree?
"This aftershave makes me look fat"

systemdm

• Helpful Post Rating: 17
« Reply #35 on: April 11, 2011, 12:10:16 PM »

Not sure about them, but I definitely agree.

Dan Lawrence

• Helpful Post Rating: 68
« Reply #36 on: April 11, 2011, 02:31:36 PM »

IMHO X10 would be out of business if not for this forum. I wonder if they agree?

Since X10 does not mass market (there were a couple of attempts in the early 90's, but all seem to vanish rapidly) the only way new people find out about it if they get sent through the web to the X10 parent site via one of the search engines. I got turned on to X10 in the middle 1980s by a friend who already had X10, my first was with a CP-290 computer interface and DOS software (bought at a Heath Store (Long gone) on Joppa Road in Baynesville (a suburb of Baltimore)  I was hooked!!!  When Windows ran on DOS, I got freeware that allowed you to create custom icons for your modules and talked to the CP-290.  That was replaced by the CM11A and Active Home, which was replaced by the CM15A and ActiveHome Pro when Windows XP came alone and my motherboard kept loosing and finding the CM11A.  My wife LOVES X10, we NEVER come home to a dark house.

I don't SELL this stuff... BUT I sure do ENJOY using it!!!
Pages: 1 2 [3]

X10.com | About X10 | X10 Security Systems | Cameras| Package Deals
© Copyright 2014-2016 X10.com All rights reserved.