Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Pages: 1 2 [3]

Author Topic: Where to purchase a Noise Filter  (Read 15861 times)

lhntx

• Helpful Post Rating: 0
Re: Where to purchase a Noise Filter
« Reply #30 on: November 17, 2010, 11:17:35 AM »

my laptop that I want to remote view on is windows 7 pro 64 bit w/ ie8 as the default browser.  AHP is running on a netbook w/ WinXP.  I just turned on AHP and turned off my screensaver (which was BOINC) to test why AHP might be crashing.  AHP crashed in less than 30 minutes, so the screensave is not the issue.  I'm going to now test to see if the issue is that two of my 4 cameras are not being received, so there is only snow on the video display.

mike

• Helpful Post Rating: 14
« Reply #31 on: November 17, 2010, 11:50:58 AM »

I have the 3.296 installed, and it is still crashing every few hours.....

Just thought of another thing... if you are using video recording, THAT may be causing your crashes rather than base ahp program.  turnit off if so and see

lhntx

« Reply #32 on: November 17, 2010, 11:52:40 AM »

I have my macros set to only records if there is movement.  Isn't that the point of having the motion detectors????? ???

mike

« Reply #33 on: November 17, 2010, 12:33:41 PM »

ah... there u go!

sure thats the point, but do u want ur system to stop crashing??  turn video record off!  My experience is that when TWO records try at the same time, ahp will crash. period.  the video section of the code cannot handle it IMO.

anyway, my cameras turn on the automatice snapshot routine when motion seen, try to change to that camera (works about 40% of the time) and takes stills every 1 sec for 30 seconds.  no crashes since changing to this.

try turning off video and change it to auto snapshots and I bet u no more ahp crashes!

mike

« Reply #34 on: November 17, 2010, 12:37:03 PM »

my laptop that I want to remote view on is windows 7 pro 64 bit w/ ie8 as the default browser.  AHP is running on a netbook w/ WinXP.  I just turned on AHP and turned off my screensaver (which was BOINC) to test why AHP might be crashing.  AHP crashed in less than 30 minutes, so the screensave is not the issue.  I'm going to now test to see if the issue is that two of my 4 cameras are not being received, so there is only snow on the video display.

my two cents worth on these comments......
I have two machines with win7 64bit I use for remote view and they work.

snow on screen....  sounds like they are sending but too far away?  try moving one close the receiver to check it?  anyway, crash is likely your video.  I played with changing the video record codex for many hours and thought I found one that reduced crashes but none totally.  sbaoshots=ok video=crash in my book.

lhntx

« Reply #35 on: November 18, 2010, 10:57:22 AM »

I removed the macros for the two cameras that I have that are not being received correctly.  AHP sends emails with pictures of snow.  When I got up this morning AHP had crashed again.  I rebooted.  Now AHP crashes immediately upon startup.  I have the current version. sigh.  :P

Dan Lawrence

• Helpful Post Rating: 68
« Reply #36 on: November 18, 2010, 02:01:05 PM »

What version do you have?    I suggest backing up any .ahx files you have and use the Add-Remove in the Control Panel to totally remove AHP and any folders it created, then reinstalling what you have without any plug-ins.  If everything runs correctly (all timers run correctly) then install any plug-ins you want.
I don't SELL this stuff... BUT I sure do ENJOY using it!!!

lhntx

« Reply #37 on: November 19, 2010, 05:36:14 PM »

B:( B:( B:(
I've now removed two of the four cameras to see if the one's that I just get static from might  affect AHP.  I uninstalled all of the software with fresh downloads from the x10 site.
I reinstalled AHP and tried letting it add the plugins itself.  AHP still crashes after a few hours or less.
I uninstalled all and reinstalled AHP and manually installed all of the plugins. AHP still crashes after a few hours or less.
I've tried uninstall / install in various configurations.
Now AHP no longer recognizes my registration code, but some of the plug ins are recognized. Even if I copy and paste the registration code for AHP directly from the email (which I still have from last May) from tech support, AHP still does not recognize my registration code. So now nothing works at all.

It's now been 6 months of off and on that I've been trying to get my simple 4 black and white wireless cameras to work as advertized. I've purchased extra hardwire as suggested by x10 tech support.  I've upgraded pieces as suggested by tech support and other members. I've upgraded the software. I've phyiscially altered the hardware (I replaced the one sided flat antennae on the video reciever with a pole antennae from a wirelss wi-fi box). I've add plug ins.  I moved my PC and related video receiver and signal sending gear to all of the possible places that I have in my home that I have available to use.  I've tried different frequencies on the cameras. I've tried line filters. I've tried removing my wi-fi extender  system (which goes through the house wiring - a big red flag).   NOTHING WORKS. I CAN NEVER GET ALL CAMERAS TO WORK ONE AT A TIME and I've NEVER BEEN ABLE TO GET THE SOFTWARE TO RUN FOR MORE THAN A FEW HOURS WITHOUT CRASHING.

I've spent almost enough now that I could have purchased a  nice wired system with color display, night vision, pan/scan cameras and audio, VCR and internet access.  :-\

mike

« Reply #38 on: November 19, 2010, 09:21:53 PM »

you have good patience my friend!

question:  when it crashes, what is going on?  I mean, is a ahp program loaded and running?  KISS principal tells me maybe you want to clear CM15 memory and NOT run a program at all and see if it crashes?  double KISS says maybe back off even more to find a system that does not crash:  don't install va12 drivers (just dont plug it in when you do install) and dont plug in cm15 either.  so just install ahp and maybe no add ins at all and just start the program without a ahx program at all.  does it still crash doing nothing?  if not, add ONE switch and see.  if  no crash, add one more thing.  keep it up until you find the thing that causes the crash maybe?

lhntx

« Reply #39 on: November 22, 2010, 10:51:09 AM »

I've started from scratch and removed everthing including my macros.  So far I've been running AHP for over 24 hours with 3 cameras and a simple macro that says movement causes 1 minute of snapshots.  So far no crash. This makes me think that taking video (which the old macros did) was the culprit.  I also hooked up my old tm751(transceivers) and light switches and added timers for them.  So far... sometimes they work, mostliy.

mike

« Reply #40 on: November 22, 2010, 06:19:26 PM »

i dont want to say I told you so, but isnt the MAIN difference that you are NOT RECORDING VIDEO??  right??  the video record was your problem all along is my guess - why i said that from the start.  dont record, snapshot instead.

bet as you add more stuff back in, it will continue to work full time with no crashes like my win7 64bit systems do.  as soon as you add vid record back you will screw it up.  If you cant stand it, and try vid record again, you dont have to uninstall and reinstall, just delete the vid record stuff 100% and your system will again be 100% up.  Hopefully with new programers involved again they wilol address the vid record issue.

You also cannot include switches and stuff working - "most of the time" - into this same problem - they are totally separate!  vid record = ahp crash.  nothing to do with whether a switch turns on 100% of the time with a macro or not.  Once past the crashing ahp, now you start addressing the macros not working 100% of the time.  there are many many reasons why a macro may not work 100% of the time.  Noise, your programming wrong  screw up, trying to use conditions like dusk/dawn/day/nite (on some systems only apparently), sig strength. etc. 

You just gotta take them 1 item at a time.  If you lump them all together and say what is THE problem, you will never get past them.  If you take them 1 small piece at a time you too will end up with an x10 system that you can enjoy!
Pages: 1 2 [3]

X10.com | About X10 | X10 Security Systems | Cameras| Package Deals
© Copyright 2014-2016 X10.com All rights reserved.