Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Pages: 1 [2]

Author Topic: Another very happy XTB-IIR customer!  (Read 25762 times)

dbemowsk

• Helpful Post Rating: 21
    • PHP Web Scripting
Re: Another very happy XTB-IIR customer!
« Reply #15 on: September 16, 2010, 07:15:58 PM »

I am now convinced that I need an XTB-IIR.  Yesterday I did an install inside my ceiling fan in my office area of an XPDF for the light and an XPDI3-IW for the fan.  I also installed an XPT switch (3 on/off w/dim)  to control it.  Today I was doing some testing with my XTBM plugged in to an outlet in the room that is on the same circuit  as the fan.  When I use the XPT wall switch/transmitter I get a level of 5.03.  From the CM15A I am getting a signal level of 0.52.  A few times when sending from the CM15A I was getting erroneous results.  Sometimes the XTBM might say E03 OFF, sometimes It would just show E03 and sometimes nothing at all or <NOISE>.  I think a boosted signal would solve a lot of these problems.  I currently have an XPCR connected which has been doing okay except for a few things like this.  I'll be ordering my XTB-IIR soon.

BTW, I put the XPDI3-IW inductive dimmer on my ceiling fan to test what people here said about dimmers like these causing hum from the fan.  Surprisingly there is absolutely no hum.  In our guest bedroom, the previous owner wired in a dimmer slide switch to the fan in there, and I hear significant hum from that one.  I will be putting the same setup in that room as I did in my office.  Curious to see if the fan hums...
Dan Bemowski
Owner of PHP Web Scripting LLC
Programmer of RemoteWatch X10
User of any X10 products I can get my hands on.

Brian H

• Community Organizer
  • Helpful Post Rating: 305
« Reply #16 on: September 16, 2010, 07:50:10 PM »

The XPDI3 is designed for inductive loads and may not cause a hum where other types of dimmers may.
Some loads may still hum.

dave w

• Community Organizer
  • Helpful Post Rating: 139
« Reply #17 on: September 16, 2010, 07:54:18 PM »

BTW, I put the XPDI3-IW inductive dimmer on my ceiling fan to test what people here said about dimmers like these causing hum from the fan. 
My XPDI-3 made our Casablanca fan buzz like a whacked hornets nest. What is the brand of your fan?
"This aftershave makes me look fat"

dbemowsk

• PHP Web Scripting
« Reply #18 on: September 16, 2010, 08:58:34 PM »

My XPDI-3 made our Casablanca fan buzz like a whacked hornets nest. What is the brand of your fan?
I am not sure, it was one that was here when I bought the house.  Any idea where I can find a brand name on it?
Dan Bemowski

dave w

• Community Organizer
« Reply #19 on: September 17, 2010, 12:11:55 PM »

I am not sure, it was one that was here when I bought the house.  Any idea where I can find a brand name on it?
It's not important enough to get the ladder, I was just thinking if your non humming fan was a different brand than Casablanca I might replace our bedroom fan just so I could get speed control back. Thanks

dbemowsk

• PHP Web Scripting
« Reply #20 on: September 17, 2010, 06:32:10 PM »

It's not important enough to get the ladder, I was just thinking if your non humming fan was a different brand than Casablanca I might replace our bedroom fan just so I could get speed control back. Thanks
I may have to get up there anyway cause I think that the wife may want the unit codes switched so the light is before the fan.  If I get up there to switch it I'll take a look and see if I can find any information.
Dan Bemowski

dave w

• Community Organizer
« Reply #21 on: September 17, 2010, 07:35:04 PM »

Thanks Dan, but don't break anything doing it ;D
Pages: 1 [2]

X10.com | About X10 | X10 Security Systems | Cameras| Package Deals
© Copyright 2014-2016 X10.com All rights reserved.