Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Pages: 1 ... 10 11 [12] 13 14 15

Author Topic: New iWatchMobile  (Read 204059 times)

Icu2

• Helpful Post Rating: 1
Re: New iWatchMobile
« Reply #165 on: November 01, 2010, 11:47:59 PM »

I decided to try the iWatchMobile PRO 3G link on my phone as I've been doing from time to time.  This time I did not get an error message.  As soon as the page fully loads, I can see the icons on the screen but the screen is black.  Seconds later, I do see an image from one of my cameras but this only lasts for a couple of seconds and then its back to the black screen with icons around it. 

I do have 5 bars of signal strength on my phone, and I can see that my phone is constantly sending and receiving data.  From time to time I do get an image, but the amount of time it takes between images is random.  When I click on the tab icon that pulls out the icons for the different cameras that I have, I can see the name of the camera and I can also see an image that seems to change every so often but also at random times.  At times I see an image from earlier in the day possibly a recorded image.  When selecting a camera, I do get the full image window and in less than 10 seconds, I get the selected window's image but it too goes away after a couple of seconds and its back to the black screen with icons.  The image does seem to refresh, but again the time between images seems random.  All in all, this is a definite improvement.  My thanks go out to any and all involved with making this the "neatest" thing I can do with my phone.   >!

When I select a different camera on my phone, the selected camera view on my computer changes as-well.  My phone shows me that camera's view at times and at times it's just a black screen.  I can not tell if what I'm getting on my phone is a live feed because I'm not at home to test this.

Now several hours after I posted the above, when I try to access the 3G link I keep on getting an error that says "500 Error - Server not found"or "HTTP Error 504:Gateway Timeout.  The gateway timed-out while waiting for a response from the server.  :(
« Last Edit: November 02, 2010, 06:51:32 AM by Icu2 »
"I have learned that no man has the right to look down at another man, unless it's to help him get back on his feet."

BlackBerry Bold 9700

mcguyver

• Helpful Post Rating: 2
« Reply #166 on: November 02, 2010, 08:08:45 AM »

I can see the icons on the screen but the screen is black.  Seconds later, I do see an image from one of my cameras but this only lasts for a couple of seconds and then its back to the black screen with icons around it. 

I do have 5 bars of signal strength on my phone, and I can see that my phone is constantly sending and receiving data.  From time to time I do get an image, but the amount of time it takes between images is random.  When I click on the tab icon that pulls out the icons for the different cameras that I have, I can see the name of the camera and I can also see an image that seems to change every so often but also at random times.  At times I see an image from earlier in the day possibly a recorded image.  When selecting a camera, I do get the full image window and in less than 10 seconds, I get the selected window's image but it too goes away after a couple of seconds and its back to the black screen with icons.  The image does seem to refresh, but again the time between images seems random.  All in all, this is a definite improvement.  My thanks go out to any and all involved with making this the "neatest" thing I can do with my phone.   >!

This is exactly what is happening to my blackberry storm running the iwatchmobile (Not Pro) in 3g. I would be very happy to have 292 back. That was the best version for me. Darn i wish x10 had an archive page to download older versions that worked. lol
« Last Edit: November 02, 2010, 08:14:14 AM by mcguyver »
Blackberry Storm -3G only

Dan Lawrence

• Helpful Post Rating: 68
« Reply #167 on: November 02, 2010, 08:19:22 AM »

You want 3.292, drop me an e-mail.  I archive every version I ever downloaded in the last 5 years.
I don't SELL this stuff... BUT I sure do ENJOY using it!!!

mcguyver

« Reply #168 on: November 02, 2010, 08:23:54 AM »

Thanks Dan but i think we went through this a few weeks ago. You were only able to give me the AHP version but not all the plug ins like i watchmobile and the rest.
Thank you anyway sir.

nybuck

• Helpful Post Rating: 17
« Reply #169 on: November 02, 2010, 01:09:56 PM »

It was advertised as '5-minute setup with any smart phone' - That was AHP ver 3.283   :-\

Save your time and money, and don't buy this product until they get it working.

>*<
« Last Edit: November 02, 2010, 03:13:09 PM by nybuck »
>!

Dan Lawrence

• Helpful Post Rating: 68
« Reply #170 on: November 02, 2010, 08:25:32 PM »

Thanks Dan but i think we went through this a few weeks ago. You were only able to give me the AHP version but not all the plug ins like i watchmobile and the rest.
Thank you anyway sir.

You should have all the installs for your plug-ins already.   
I don't SELL this stuff... BUT I sure do ENJOY using it!!!

X10 Dev

• Helpful Post Rating: 19
« Reply #171 on: November 03, 2010, 01:46:18 AM »

Thank you anyway sir.
So, release 295 will be up shortly (It was going to be up ~20 hours ago but we had to hold for some fixes).  We expect that you'll find 295 to reduce or eliminate the Blackberry 'Black Screen' issue (which happens when the Blackberry takes too long to redraw a refreshed page.)  Release 295 works great for the Blackberries we've tested here.   :)%

Just to cover our bases, we're also including the file for the release 292 client for iWatchMobile in the iWatchMobile plugin.  So if you want to go back in time, rename the old file, and you're there!  To go forward again will require lightning and a Delorean...  ;D

Hopefully given this release we'll see some :D, and fewer  ??? .  BUT, if there are issues, or anything you want us to make better, don't hold back -- Please let us know...

phongluu

« Reply #172 on: November 03, 2010, 01:59:52 AM »

echo to nybuck!
I have tried and x10 cameras are not even there yet for mobile.
I like x10 but until this get a real good fix, then dont waste your $
Check out q-see or other products, they are way advance now.

P.L

mcguyver

« Reply #173 on: November 03, 2010, 08:22:13 AM »

Thank you anyway sir.
So, release 295 will be up shortly (It was going to be up ~20 hours ago but we had to hold for some fixes).  We expect that you'll find 295 to reduce or eliminate the Blackberry 'Black Screen' issue (which happens when the Blackberry takes too long to redraw a refreshed page.)  Release 295 works great for the Blackberries we've tested here.   :)%

Just to cover our bases, we're also including the file for the release 292 client for iWatchMobile in the iWatchMobile plugin.  So if you want to go back in time, rename the old file, and you're there!  To go forward again will require lightning and a Delorean...  ;D

Hopefully given this release we'll see some :D, and fewer  ??? .  BUT, if there are issues, or anything you want us to make better, don't hold back -- Please let us know...

Now that’s what I needed.  Before the day’s end I  will test both clients out and see what works best for my blackberry storm 3G.
For now 295 is holding up much better than 293 and 294.  #:) >!

X10 Dev

• Helpful Post Rating: 19
« Reply #174 on: November 03, 2010, 01:39:02 PM »

It was advertised as '5-minute setup with any smart phone' - That was AHP ver 3.283   :-\
Save your time and money, and don't buy this product until they get it working.

I think nybuck is out of date.  Not only is iWatchMobile working, it's been joined by a PRO product with additional features and a reflector system for use behind firewalls.  And there have been new features added -- from behind the scenes efforts to increase performance and decrease load time, to scaling support for use on PC browsers, or the security key system for additional security in port-forwarded environments.

It would be easier for us to just write an Android app and an iPhone app, and ignore everyone else, but I think it's really useful to have an application that runs anywhere.  And when we encounter browsers that really can't handle mobile video, our approach is "let's see what we can redesign to make this work", not "XYZ browser is not capable".  And we implement these new designs on an incredibly short timeframe.

So while I appreciate it is frustrating when you try something and don't get the result you expect, let's focus on specific problems, and then we'll derive a solution to that problem.  Or if you'd like something new, we'll figure out if we can add it into iWatchMobile, or make a new product that addresses that need.

nybuck

• Helpful Post Rating: 17
« Reply #175 on: November 03, 2010, 07:42:20 PM »

AHP Dev-

I appreciate all your efforts, and it definitely looks like you are moving in a forward direction. 

That being said, it's hard for you to say that I am out of date when yesterday you said you were working on some fixes.....

I am a loyal X10 user, but I try not to buy a new X10 product in its first run.  I shouldn't have to troubleshoot it for you after paying for the product.  If you want us to beta-test your products in a pre-release (as you have done before) then X10 knows how to do that.  To see why I don't buy a first-run X10 product, simply read the posts about the NStinct, IconRemote, or any other product when it was first released.  (or a car in its first year of production for that matter)

I also want to note that I have been watching live video on my blackberry for over a year utilizing VNC, which was plug-and-play.
>!

Icu2

« Reply #176 on: November 04, 2010, 06:33:53 AM »

:o Do my eyes deceive me?  Not only was there 3.295 version of the software available for download yesterday, but this morning I see that it says there is a 3.296 version available for download as-well.  Is there really a 3.296 or is it a typo.  I'm still using 3.294 on my computer since I downloaded but did not get around to installing what the download site said was version 3.295.   ??? Now, if 3.296 does exist, do I install 3.296 or do I install 3.295.
 #:)
"I have learned that no man has the right to look down at another man, unless it's to help him get back on his feet."

BlackBerry Bold 9700

J.B.

• Helpful Post Rating: 16
« Reply #177 on: November 04, 2010, 06:40:42 AM »

3.296 fixed several issues with AHP showing the A00TV and M unknown commands in the activity monitor and also fixed an issue from 3.295 with email alerts not being sent from macros.
Also, as of these latest 2 updates, once installed you will no longer have to run the installer for each individual plug-in. It will update any plug-ins you have installed by running any of the AHP suites installers.

Version 3.296

* Bug fix: Secure Commands not being shown in Activity Monitor
    * Filter out unknown command caused by transceiver initialization
    * Altered behavior of missing transceiver pop-up for simple video bundle
    * Fix for possible crash when opening Activity Monitor with empty history

Version 3.295

* Fix for macro e-mail notification not sending
    * Fix for camera cycle not working
    * Fix for 00TV and unknown commands in activity log
    * Installers now update all AHP source files on install
    * Updated Visual C runtime libraries
« Last Edit: November 04, 2010, 06:44:17 AM by J.B. »

Icu2

« Reply #178 on: November 04, 2010, 07:36:40 AM »

Thanks for the reply J.B.

3.296 fixed several issues with AHP showing the A00TV and M unknown commands in the activity monitor and also fixed an issue from 3.295 with email alerts not being sent from macros.
Also, as of these latest 2 updates, once installed you will no longer have to run the installer for each individual plug-in. It will update any plug-ins you have installed by running any of the AHP suites installers.
:)%
So, in your opinion, should I install Version 3.295 and then 3.296 in order to be able to take advantage of the fixes?  Or, should I be able to just install 3.296 and the fixes from 3.295 will still take effect?

as of these latest 2 updates, once installed you will no longer have to run the installer for each individual plug-in. It will update any plug-ins you have installed by running any of the AHP suites installers.
I hope you are right. :D

BlackBerry Bold 9700

J.B.

• Helpful Post Rating: 16
« Reply #179 on: November 04, 2010, 07:54:35 AM »

You should only have to install the latest 3.296 build.
Pages: 1 ... 10 11 [12] 13 14 15

X10.com | About X10 | X10 Security Systems | Cameras| Package Deals
© Copyright 2014-2016 X10.com All rights reserved.