Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Pages: 1 ... 11 12 [13] 14 15

Author Topic: New iWatchMobile  (Read 204062 times)

mcguyver

• Helpful Post Rating: 2
Re: New iWatchMobile
« Reply #180 on: November 04, 2010, 07:57:19 AM »

If your afraid to upgrade go into your c:/program files/common files/x10/common/webapps and backup the xphone file or if your using pro the xphonepro. Then if you dont like the upgraded iwatchmoble you can replace the xphone file with the backup.
Blackberry Storm -3G only

Icu2

• Helpful Post Rating: 1
« Reply #181 on: November 04, 2010, 08:05:33 AM »

8) Cool!  Thanks to both of you J.B. and Mcguyver for your helpful input.

:)%  Its time to play.
"I have learned that no man has the right to look down at another man, unless it's to help him get back on his feet."

BlackBerry Bold 9700

kevinwheeler

« Reply #182 on: November 04, 2010, 03:33:41 PM »

OK - I recently purchased iWatchMobile Pro solely to use presets. I have 4 Ninja bases which normally have 4 presets for each camera which I have programmed into AHP. And, as with the OnAlert remote, I may be a little icon challenged. But how do I set and then use the presets for the Ninja bases?

Thanks.

Kevin

J.B.

• Helpful Post Rating: 16
« Reply #183 on: November 04, 2010, 04:04:30 PM »

Take a look here at the wiki for iWatchMobile Pro:

http://kbase.x10.com/wiki/SW47A

The icon that says "set" under the preset menu is used to store a preset under one of the 9 positions.
Pan your camera to the area you want as a preset, hit the "set" button, and hit the number you want to store the position under.
Repeat for any other presets.
Once your presets are stored you open the preset menu and just click on go to "x" and it will pan to that preset.

Icu2

« Reply #184 on: November 05, 2010, 04:49:10 AM »

Ok, after I installed the 3.296 build I encountered the following results:

1:00 PM Pacific Time

Tried connecting from my BlackBerry using the 3G link and received the message "The server returned the following error while attempting to fulfill your request: "Conection Timed Out"."

I immediately tried again using the 3G link with my BlackBerry and received the following message "500 Error - Server not found"

Third time trying "HTTP Error 504: Gateway Timeout"

Fourth time trying "500 Error - Server not found"

Fifth time trying "500 Error - Server not found"

If I click on the WiFi link from my computer I do get video feedback when IE opens.

If I click on the 3G link from my computer I get the message "500 Error - Server not found".

Hours ago, I was able to access my camera's feed using the iWatch PRO 3G link on my BlackBerry.  At that time, the pan and tilt did not work from the BlackBerry.  However, I was getting video feed with a 3 second delay from real time, and I was also able to switch camera feeds with about a 7 second delay.  The video feed would sometimes just go all black and sometimes come back, where at other times the screen would display what appeared to be a frozen image.

AHP Dev, we're getting closer to our goal buddy.  Thanx for all the work you guys have been putting in to fix this.
"I have learned that no man has the right to look down at another man, unless it's to help him get back on his feet."

BlackBerry Bold 9700

X10 Dev

• Helpful Post Rating: 19
« Reply #185 on: November 05, 2010, 02:11:01 PM »

If I click on the 3G link from my computer I get the message "500 Error - Server not found".

AHP Dev, we're getting closer to our goal buddy.  Thanx for all the work you guys have been putting in to fix this.
Thanks for the kudos -- we're very close, and will keep working on it until it's obvious to all that it's bulletproof...

kevinwheeler

« Reply #186 on: November 05, 2010, 09:35:00 PM »

About the pre-sets - they seem to be working, but my select screen always shows 9 blue broadcast symbols, none of them look like the Wiki page, with thumbnails. But they are at least working with my current presets and that is all I need. I also only seem to be able to use 4 with my Ninja's - is that normal? Not complaining - just noting.

Thank you for the ability to change the port - that is working exactly as I had hoped.

One last usability item, and it may just be my ignorance of the iPhone 4 iOS 4.1. Using ActivePhone, when the controller pops up in portrait mode, the url bar drops down and then auto-hides, giving me exactly the view I need. However, now with the current (3.296) iWatchMobile Pro, when trying to view in landscape mode, the url bar drops down and covers the upper part of the camera view, and then doesn't auto-hide or go away, leaving me unable to see the top part of the screen. Is there anything I can do to fix this?

Thanks.

By the way, as I alluded to in some other topics on this board, but would now like to be quite specific here, thanks very much to the AHP team and the attention that this current team is giving to the software. I have been in the computer business for longer than most likely any of the current staff is old, even just dealing with PC's for longer than their ages. And I know that without good software the hardware side of the business will survive only so long. But I am glad that management has finally devoted some resources (and from what I have seen some very good resources) to make a lot of this stuff not only easier to sell but some of the best features available at any price. These are state of the art applications. They even fixed some old problems, like the ability to disarm through software. And I don't mind helping report early bugs if there is an effort to fix them - I actually thought that's why they were giving us introductory pricing.

Anyway, thanks again to the quick responses and fixes from the development team.

Kevin

J.B.

• Helpful Post Rating: 16
« Reply #187 on: November 06, 2010, 03:04:15 PM »

However, now with the current (3.296) iWatchMobile Pro, when trying to view in landscape mode, the url bar drops down and covers the upper part of the camera view, and then doesn't auto-hide or go away, leaving me unable to see the top part of the screen. Is there anything I can do to fix this?

When you first open iWatchMobile/Pro in Safari it will show you the URL bar.
Click the + symbol and add to home screen. When you open the link from the home screen you will not get the URL bar.

kevinwheeler

« Reply #188 on: November 06, 2010, 11:26:42 PM »

That worked just fine - guess I have to finish reading all the iPhone 4/Safari stuff.

Thanks.

Kevin

cj4

• Helpful Post Rating: 0
« Reply #189 on: November 07, 2010, 11:30:14 PM »

I wish the tons of users could get AHP Dev to help us with just accessing first with a computer????  Port forwarding problems have been posted for a long time and I still have the problem.  I think I give up. 

Will this mobile version work on an Motorola Verizon Droid????  WITHOUT a year of trying to figure it out????

X10 Dev

« Reply #190 on: November 08, 2010, 08:18:38 PM »

I wish the tons of users could get AHP Dev to help us with just accessing first with a computer????  Port forwarding problems have been posted for a long time and I still have the problem.  I think I give up. 

Will this mobile version work on an Motorola Verizon Droid????  WITHOUT a year of trying to figure it out????

You can also use iWatchMobile and iWatchMobile PRO with a computer.

Both iWatchMobile and iWatchMobile PRO work on a Motorola Verizon Droid.  I use that phone personally, by the way.  I find setup to be pretty fast and easy.  In order of ease:
1) If you have your phone connected to your WiFi network (Main Menu, All Apps, Settings, Wireless & network settings, Wi-Fi) and you're at home, then you get the best connection using WiFi.

2) Using iWatchMobile PRO, use the 3G link, it will work right away.

3) You can use the non-PRO iWatchMobile over a 3G network when you're not at home, but you'll need to configure port forwarding on your router.  This is easy for some people and some routers, but not so much with others.

X10 Dev

« Reply #191 on: November 08, 2010, 08:36:33 PM »

About the pre-sets - they seem to be working, but my select screen always shows 9 blue broadcast symbols, none of them look like the Wiki page, with thumbnails. But they are at least working with my current presets and that is all I need. I also only seem to be able to use 4 with my Ninja's - is that normal? Not complaining - just noting.
The ninja supports 4 presets.  Vangard and Sentinel cameras support 9.

Hmm.. You should be getting thumbnails.  Are you using Activehome version 296? Which operating system are you using?  VA11A or the newer VA12A for video capture?

Gacky2k

« Reply #192 on: November 09, 2010, 02:48:35 PM »

New user...so please bear with me guys.  I seem to be having a LOT of trouble with consistently being able to connect via iWatchMobile.  I'll start out with a fresh reboot of the PC.  Run AHP and even refresh with a new security ID before I reinvite my phone.  I invite my phone with email alert using http without any trouble.  Most often, the link opens fine and the app works great...but from here on out...its sporadic.  Now...this is a new to to me, so I check it frequently when I am at work...mostly just showing friends coworkers...but after a couple times, it start getting the error:

500 Error - Server not foun

On occasion...refreshing a time or two and it will load and work...but eventually...even this fails and all I'll get will be the 500 Error.  Just not sure, why it is so erratic.  Is there some lock out?  Something that limits the # of times I can connect?  BTW...I use 3G connection on my Palm Pre (Sprint).  Once it starts failing...I generally just reboot and redo what I described above...might not REQUIRE all that...but it generally fixes it...so its what I do.

Any thoughts/suggestions?

cj4

« Reply #193 on: November 09, 2010, 03:43:44 PM »

But if I have a port forwarding problem on the "host" computer where AHP resides with my cams, won't I still be blocked by Iwatch Mobile Pro???  I don't see how I could still get access???  I'm confused..... ??? ??? ???

X10 Dev

« Reply #194 on: November 09, 2010, 10:50:41 PM »

But if I have a port forwarding problem on the "host" computer where AHP resides with my cams, won't I still be blocked by Iwatch Mobile Pro???  I don't see how I could still get access???  I'm confused..... ??? ??? ???
iWatchMobile PRO uses a reflector server hosted at X10 to get around port forwarding problems. 

Rather than having your cell phone connect directly to your PC via the port forwarded on the router, it works like this:  Your PC connects to X10's reflector server.  Next, your cell phone connects to X10's reflector server.  The reflector then does the work of passing data back and forth between the cell phone/reflector connection and your PC/reflector connection.

You don't have to use the reflector if you don't want to.  iWatchMobile PRO also supports direct connections and connections made through port-forwarding.

Pages: 1 ... 11 12 [13] 14 15

X10.com | About X10 | X10 Security Systems | Cameras| Package Deals
© Copyright 2014-2016 X10.com All rights reserved.