Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Pages: 1 ... 12 13 [14] 15

Author Topic: New iWatchMobile  (Read 204068 times)

X10 Dev

• Helpful Post Rating: 19
Re: New iWatchMobile
« Reply #195 on: November 09, 2010, 10:59:18 PM »

New user...so please bear with me guys.  I seem to be having a LOT of trouble with consistently being able to connect via iWatchMobile.  I'll start out with a fresh reboot of the PC.  Run AHP and even refresh with a new security ID before I reinvite my phone.  I invite my phone with email alert using http without any trouble.  Most often, the link opens fine and the app works great...but from here on out...its sporadic.  Now...this is a new to to me, so I check it frequently when I am at work...mostly just showing friends coworkers...but after a couple times, it start getting the error:

500 Error - Server not found

On occasion...refreshing a time or two and it will load and work...but eventually...even this fails and all I'll get will be the 500 Error.  Just not sure, why it is so erratic.  Is there some lock out?  Something that limits the # of times I can connect?  BTW...I use 3G connection on my Palm Pre (Sprint).  Once it starts failing...I generally just reboot and redo what I described above...might not REQUIRE all that...but it generally fixes it...so its what I do.
The server not found message means your PC is not maintaining a connection to the reflector.  Rebooting your PC will restart the 'X10 Device Network Service', or x10nets.exe, which will then reattempt to establish the connection.  Normally, if a connection drops out, iWatchMobile will automatially reconnect, but something is apparently happening in your case.  Which version are you using?

There are no connection limits and no lockout, by the way.

Icu2

• Helpful Post Rating: 1
« Reply #196 on: November 10, 2010, 09:43:16 AM »

@ AHP Dev.  So, would you say that when we get the "500 Error - Server not found" the best thing to do is to reboot the computer?  I too, like Gacky2k, tried to show off my X10 products to co-workers but had to stop because of the "Server not found" message.  :'(

On a related note, are you guys still looking into the BlackBerry's black screen issue?   ???

P.S.  (wishfully thinking)I'm hoping that when the BlackBerry's "PlayBook" is released for sale, I will be able to see my cameras in it as-well.  :P
"I have learned that no man has the right to look down at another man, unless it's to help him get back on his feet."

BlackBerry Bold 9700

joelvk

• Helpful Post Rating: 0
« Reply #197 on: November 10, 2010, 03:11:51 PM »

OK SO I have been using the Iwatchmobile Pro since the day it was released.  I was previously using the Iwatchmobile and viewing via 3G using port forwarding.  The initial release of Pro was U-G-L-Y!  Subsequently there have been a few releases.  I am currently on 3.296.
The reason I "upgraded" was to use the presets, time lapse, and one click pan tilt.
So....My questions to the developer are:
1.  I am using ninja bases for 2 cameras.  Should I be able to use 9 presets or just the first 4?
2.  When I click on the PTZ screen the red cursor does not move the cameras.  Is this supposed to work for ninja bases?
3.  The time lapse was working beautifully before I upgraded to 3.296 now the phone will not show the oldest to newest video.  When I browse from the internet on a PC it shows up.  Weird huh?  Is there a fix for this?
4.  I use port forwarding because I have never gotten the original software to work via the email link.  I am using an iphone and a Motorola droid.  Since I am port forwarding the 8777 port from outside is that why the reflector server is not working?
5.  Is there a new release coming any time soon?

Thank you in advance for your reply.
Just a couple tech notes.  I use an Iphone 3G via a 3G network or a Motorola milestone droid via 3G network.

X10 Dev

« Reply #198 on: November 10, 2010, 06:56:01 PM »

1.  I am using ninja bases for 2 cameras.  Should I be able to use 9 presets or just the first 4?
Ninjas support 4 presets.  Vanguard and Sentinel cameras support 9 presets.

2.  When I click on the PTZ screen the red cursor does not move the cameras.  Is this supposed to work for ninja bases?
The PTZ screen uses the absolute positioning feature of the Vanguard and Sentinel cameras.  The best we could do for a ninja base would be to estimate the time required to transit the distance and send Pan/Tilt commands for that duration.  Would that be useful for you?

3.  The time lapse was working beautifully before I upgraded to 3.296 now the phone will not show the oldest to newest video.  When I browse from the internet on a PC it shows up.  Weird huh?  Is there a fix for this?
Hmm... We'll look into this.

4.  I use port forwarding because I have never gotten the original software to work via the email link.  I am using an iphone and a Motorola droid.  Since I am port forwarding the 8777 port from outside is that why the reflector server is not working?
You should be able to use the reflector server.  It uses a different port so your port forwarding for 8777 is not an issue.  When you try and connect to the reflector, what is the text of the error message you get back?  What happens if you click on the link on the Invite cell phone dialog to open a browser window on your AHP system?

5.  Is there a new release coming any time soon?
Yes.  This is still under active development.

X10 Dev

« Reply #199 on: November 10, 2010, 07:15:04 PM »

@ AHP Dev.  So, would you say that when we get the "500 Error - Server not found" the best thing to do is to reboot the computer?  I too, like Gacky2k, tried to show off my X10 products to co-workers but had to stop because of the "Server not found" message.  :'(

On a related note, are you guys still looking into the BlackBerry's black screen issue?   ???
Are you still seeing black screens with 296?  I had thought that 296 had fixed the issue.  If so, how frequently?

With respect to using the reflector, does this work for you for a while then stop working, or just not at all?  I want to fix this 'Server not found' message -- but I need to figure out how to reproduce the problem!  One thing I can think of: we'll add a 'connection status' application to help diagnose connection problems.  Rebooting and restarting AHP isn't the only solution, it's just an easy solution.  You can also kill x10nets.exe from the task manager and restart AHP.

mcguyver

• Helpful Post Rating: 2
« Reply #200 on: November 11, 2010, 07:57:27 AM »

Are you still seeing black screens with 296?  I had thought that 296 had fixed the issue.  If so, how frequently?
I guess you haven't had time to read my post (What version works best for my phone).

I Started that thread for others also. If one version worked better for them then another maybe that would help you guys out. lol
Blackberry Storm -3G only

joelvk

« Reply #201 on: November 11, 2010, 11:54:48 AM »

The PTZ screen uses the absolute positioning feature of the Vanguard and Sentinel cameras.  The best we could do for a ninja base would be to estimate the time required to transit the distance and send Pan/Tilt commands for that duration.  Would that be useful for you?

Yes this would be useful.

You should be able to use the reflector server.  It uses a different port so your port forwarding for 8777 is not an issue.  When you try and connect to the reflector, what is the text of the error message you get back?  What happens if you click on the link on the Invite cell phone dialog to open a browser window on your AHP system?

I get 500 error - Server not found. from AHP computer.
UPDATE: I restarted X10 services and it is now working with link.  It just doesnt' go full screen like it does when I use the port forwarding direct link.
« Last Edit: November 11, 2010, 12:37:33 PM by joelvk »

kevinwheeler

« Reply #202 on: November 13, 2010, 08:21:58 AM »

OK - things are working pretty well now (3.296), but I have run into a new problem. I have 3 operational Ninja units/cameras and 2 of them are working fine. The third one doesn't seem to respond to the Move to preset commands from iWatchMobile Pro, but they work fine from the PC using the AHP interface. I turned on the monitor and noticed one difference - when the command is sent from AHP I see a Receive RF C CamGoPosition1 and a Transmit RF C CamGoPosition1, but from iWatchMobile Pro just the Receive RF C CamGoPosition1. The other 2 cameras also only have the Receive and they are working fine, but this third (and maybe the 4th when I get it set) are a bit further away and that may be the difference. I have the CM19A and a RR501 near the computer, a TM751 about 20 feet from the computer and about 50 feet from the camera. I have tried moving the TM751 closer to the camera but that didn't help. Can you add the Transmit RF commands (also pan left/right/up/down don't work and have the same sequences) to the iWatchMobile versions? Thanks.

Kevin

Icu2

« Reply #203 on: November 14, 2010, 06:26:21 AM »

@AHP Dev

I click on the 3G link for X10 iWatchMobile PRO on my BlackBerry and in a matter of about four seconds I get the "500 Error - Server not found".  I close the browser, click on the link again and... "500 Error - Server not found".  I refresh the page several times, but keep getting the "500 Error - Server not found".  I've tried over and over with the same result every time.
"I have learned that no man has the right to look down at another man, unless it's to help him get back on his feet."

BlackBerry Bold 9700

kevinwheeler

« Reply #204 on: November 15, 2010, 11:22:01 AM »

One more little nit - I can use iWatchMobile Pro, ActivePhone and OnAlert Mobile fine from a PC with Internet Explorer, but using Firefox 3.6.12 iWatchMobile Pro gives me nothing but a blank screen; the other apps work fine. Any hints?

Thanks.

Kevin

J.B.

• Helpful Post Rating: 16
« Reply #205 on: November 15, 2010, 11:29:59 AM »

One more little nit - I can use iWatchMobile Pro, ActivePhone and OnAlert Mobile fine from a PC with Internet Explorer, but using Firefox 3.6.12 iWatchMobile Pro gives me nothing but a blank screen; the other apps work fine. Any hints?

I'm having something similar happen. ActivePhone, OnAlertMobile work, but iWatchMobile/Pro and MyGarage do not.
I originally thought it may be my ad/script blockers but disabling them didn't seem to fix this.

This is only when using FireFox, so I still think it could possibly be an add-on. (I've been too lazy to test further, yet  :')
Working fine with IE and Chrome.
« Last Edit: November 15, 2010, 11:31:44 AM by J.B. »

ErikP

« Reply #206 on: November 15, 2010, 03:48:22 PM »

I have tried moving the TM751 closer to the camera but that didn't help.
The TM751 converts power line commands into RF and the other way around, but the go to preset command you mentioned is an RF only command, so it would be transmitted by your CM19, ignored by your TM751, and ideally received by your ninja base.  It sounds like your signal is not reaching from your CM19 to your camera, either because of range or interference.

Can you add the Transmit RF commands (also pan left/right/up/down don't work and have the same sequences) to the iWatchMobile versions?

The mobile apps connect directly to the x10net service, so when you press a pan button, the mobile app sends the command to the x10net service, which sends it to the hardware, which sends the RF command.

The Activity Monitor parses information as it sees it go past.  The Transmit XXX messages are commands being sent from ActiveHome Pro to the x10net service.  The Receive XXX messages are commands "seen" on the power line or RF.  Most transmitted commands are also seen shortly afterwards, since the device hears itself when it talks. 

Since the mobile apps do not go through ActiveHome Pro to send a command though, the activity monitor will not report a Transmit message from these commands.  If you see the Received message however, you know your command was properly transmitted.

ActivePhone and OnAlert Mobile fine from a PC with Internet Explorer, but using Firefox 3.6.12 iWatchMobile Pro gives me nothing but a blank screen
This is caused by Firefox not supporting directly accessing elements by their ID.  Since our JavaScript uses this to do pretty much everything it errors out without doing anything but painting the background.  The fix for this isn't difficult, i just have to change our calling convention, but it will change almost every line of code in the mobile apps, so it might take me some time to do this.  I will fix it for a future release soon though :)

kevinwheeler

« Reply #207 on: November 15, 2010, 10:37:31 PM »

Quote:
The TM751 converts power line commands into RF and the other way around, but the go to preset command you mentioned is an RF only command, so it would be transmitted by your CM19, ignored by your TM751, and ideally received by your ninja base.  It sounds like your signal is not reaching from your CM19 to your camera, either because of range or interference.

But as I stated earlier, the camera always works fine if I move it with the pre-sets in ActiveHome Pro, but only very rarely when using the same computer and same hardware but through the WiFi/iWatchMobile Pro.

As for the Firefox issue, now that I know IE and my iPhone work, I am not concerned if you fix it or not.

Thanks.

Kevin

joelvk

« Reply #208 on: November 22, 2010, 08:17:36 AM »

Hmm... We'll look into this.
Any ideas on the time lapse issue.  It worked before the latest version.  I tried reinstalling the latest version and still does not work.  It only works in a browser not on an iphone or motorola droid or blackberry.  I tried all 3 types on multiple phones.  Do you think I could just install the version before this one over the top of it?

Note:  I do "delete off" the pictures when they build up to long.  How does the phone look for the images?  Am I deleting a reference file or something?

Any advice would be appreciated.  I love using this app and that was the icing when it worked!

UPDATE:  I also noticed that the +hour button and -hour button are the opposite.  When you push -hour it goes forward an hour.
« Last Edit: November 30, 2010, 05:15:07 PM by joelvk »

Dan Lawrence

• Helpful Post Rating: 68
« Reply #209 on: November 22, 2010, 08:21:59 AM »

I have tried moving the TM751 closer to the camera but that didn't help.

Can you add the Transmit RF commands (also pan left/right/up/down don't work and have the same sequences) to the iWatchMobile versions?

The mobile apps connect directly to the x10net service, so when you press a pan button, the mobile app sends the command to the x10net service, which sends it to the hardware, which sends the RF command.

The Activity Monitor parses information as it sees it go past.  The Transmit XXX messages are commands being sent from ActiveHome Pro to the x10net service.  The Receive XXX messages are commands "seen" on the power line or RF.  Most transmitted commands are also seen shortly afterwards, since the device hears itself when it talks. 

Since the mobile apps do not go through ActiveHome Pro to send a command though, the activity monitor will not report a Transmit message from these commands.  If you see the Received message however, you know your command was properly transmitted.

ActivePhone and OnAlert Mobile fine from a PC with Internet Explorer, but using Firefox 3.6.12 iWatchMobile Pro gives me nothing but a blank screen
This is caused by Firefox not supporting directly accessing elements by their ID.  Since our JavaScript uses this to do pretty much everything it errors out without doing anything but painting the background.  The fix for this isn't difficult, i just have to change our calling convention, but it will change almost every line of code in the mobile apps, so it might take me some time to do this.  I will fix it for a future release soon though :)

As to the TM751 (and the RR501) transceivers I think you have it backwards. Transceivers convert RF signals to Power Line signals. If they didn't, Stick-a-Switch would never work.   
I don't SELL this stuff... BUT I sure do ENJOY using it!!!
Pages: 1 ... 12 13 [14] 15

X10.com | About X10 | X10 Security Systems | Cameras| Package Deals
© Copyright 2014-2016 X10.com All rights reserved.