Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Author Topic: Ademco Lynx Plus system  (Read 6487 times)

stromam

• Helpful Post Rating: 0
Ademco Lynx Plus system
« on: September 28, 2010, 08:02:04 PM »

Hey guys,

I am shopping around for a security system and stumbled across this whole X10 automation thing.  I'm looking at two different models, the Simon 3 and the Lynx plus.  First of all does anyone have a recommendation for one or the other?

I am also curious as to what they can do with the X10 protocol.  I am starting to get interested in the home automation thing, but what will my wireless X10 capable security system be able to do?  I know I have to buy a transformer or something for it, but if I install it can the (let just say for argument) Lynx plus system control anything besides security stuff?  Can it control anything, or is it controlled by the X10?  I tried to do some research, but am still kind of confused as to how I can integrate my security system with future home automation systems. 

Thanks for the help guys and sorry for the nube question.

rhea

• Helpful Post Rating: 0
Re: Ademco Lynx Plus system
« Reply #1 on: July 22, 2011, 12:42:49 PM »

I had Ademco Lunx  (ADT) for 4 years... connected to a central.......NEVER had any problem(it was ALL wireless)..house 2000sq ft... never a case of error zone reporting.... yes, you can control lights  with that too... but , I personally did not do that , as I had lights  controlled by x10.

dave w

• Community Organizer
  • Helpful Post Rating: 139
« Reply #2 on: July 22, 2011, 12:52:52 PM »

I had Ademco Lunx  (ADT) for 4 years... connected to a central.......NEVER had any problem.

I assume there was a monthly service charge, otherwise why "upgrade"  rofl  to your SC1200A system?
"This aftershave makes me look fat"

tom j

• Helpful Post Rating: 16
« Reply #3 on: August 07, 2011, 01:55:30 PM »

I have no personal experience but from what I've read the Simon gets my vote.

Tom j.

X10.com | About X10 | X10 Security Systems | Cameras| Package Deals
© Copyright 2014-2016 X10.com All rights reserved.