Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Pages: 1 2 [3]

Author Topic: BVC - wired whole house audio  (Read 25749 times)

HA Dave

• Helpful Post Rating: 175
Re: BVC - wired whole house audio
« Reply #30 on: December 19, 2010, 12:49:53 PM »

........ the computer is a only a 1GHz P3 somethig, too crappy of a computer for BVC and AHP?

No.... not at all. I run XP on an old P2 for my HA PC. I've even run some camera stuff at times... without TOO much of a slow down. I did bump up my RAM close to a gig (as much as its BIOS allow) with old used RAM I bought at a flea market [no joke]. The computer itself was recused from the trash... HA is perfect for reusing these old dust collectors. I do limit the download from weatheraloud to once every 30 minutes. I also use a blank screen, screensaver (saves on video processing) and I turn the monitor off.

You might want to try Ctrl+Alt+Del once and then start your task manager to make sure something else isn't taking up processor time and power.... if you already run enough RAM [DRAM, SDRAM, whatever]. Also... with a tablet (or a laptop) you may want to look at its power settings. Often times the power setting are left for when these devices were to be used on the move... and running on battery. In control panel... change the settings for maximum performance.
« Last Edit: December 19, 2010, 12:59:18 PM by Dave_x10_L »
Home Automation is an always changing technology

-Bill- (of wgjohns.com)

• Advanced Member
  • Helpful Post Rating: 81
  • He's just this guy. You know?
    • wgjohns.com
Re: BVC - wired whole house audio - updated with video
« Reply #31 on: December 20, 2010, 09:36:36 PM »

Here's a video I just made after reading bedtime stories to my computer for a while..  :)%

enjoy!

>!

http://www.facebook.com/v/10150105802030616

Cool!  8)
I do wonder why it's so slow.   ???

+1 from me too!
 >!
-Bill- (of wgjohns.com)
bill@wgjohns.com

In the real world, the only constant is change.

When I'm online you can find me in the Home Automation Chat Room!
Pages: 1 2 [3]

X10.com | About X10 | X10 Security Systems | Cameras| Package Deals
© Copyright 2014-2016 X10.com All rights reserved.