Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Author Topic: KR10A Problem  (Read 4607 times)

birdzeye

• Helpful Post Rating: 3
KR10A Problem
« on: December 06, 2010, 05:50:57 PM »

I can't get a new KR10A (security keychain remote) to register with my DS7000 Security Console. I Already have one kr10a working well, but need another one, and the second new one won't work. This is what I've done:

1. Put fresh batteries in kr10a
2. Press ARM on KR10A for 1 second

3. The very first time I did this, the light flashed 2 times, then I slid to INSTALL on the console and
                  pressed ARM on the kr10a, the console beeped, then I slid the switch on the console back to RUN1.
                  The light on the RECORD button of the console stayed lit for a few seconds, then turned off.
                   The KR10a will not arm/disarm, or turn lights on/off when in either RUN1 or RUN2.

4.  The second time around, I took the batteries out of the KR10A and put them in again, then
                     pressed ARM on the kr10a, and the light on the kr10a flashed many times instead of just 2 times.
                     Still, the KR10a does not work to arm/disarm, turn lights on/off.

birdzeye

Re: KR10A Problem
« Reply #1 on: December 07, 2010, 09:10:15 PM »

To make this simpler, does anyone know how to reset the KR10A so it generates a random code?

HA Dave

• Helpful Post Rating: 175
« Reply #2 on: December 07, 2010, 09:35:48 PM »

To make this simpler, does anyone know how to reset the KR10A so it generates a random code?

Remove and replace batteries?
Home Automation is an always changing technology

birdzeye

« Reply #3 on: December 09, 2010, 10:58:32 AM »

Remove and replace batteries?

I tried that and no go.

Maybe I'll just have to reset the entire "security system" by removing the batteries from everything.

X10.com | About X10 | X10 Security Systems | Cameras| Package Deals
© Copyright 2014-2016 X10.com All rights reserved.