Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Pages: 1 [2]

Author Topic: System Not Responding  (Read 18135 times)

vantech

• Helpful Post Rating: 0

tom j

• Helpful Post Rating: 16
Re: System Not Responding
« Reply #16 on: December 15, 2010, 11:24:12 PM »

Ademco  http://cgi.ebay.com/Honeywell-Ademco-Vista-15P-6150RF-Keypad-Wireless-/140479869851?pt=LH_DefaultDomain_0&hash=item20b540b39b#ht_2022wt_1139

and its done...no fuss...and reliable

Hi THANKS! now this appears to be a really ice unit similar to my DSC it's also hybrid but way more expensive going to have to check on the availability of the different sensors like fire, glass brake I know it can accept wireless Asemco sensors and any compatible wired sensor. I've always like Honeywell got the DSC because I got it on a close out.

UPDATE.....Well I really need some help with this my sister is frantic the system is out again and here the current situation when I came by today the system once again would not arm. I brought two other units with me one ds7000 and one Monitor Plus well I unplugged the unit she had setup and plugged in a new out the box unit this unit is over a year old and was bought as a backup, I checked it when I initially bought it and then placed it back in the box. So like I said the new one also would not respond until now get this I plugged them both in the same outlet then they both worked but with somewhat limited range. Like I said before this really has me stumped could this have something to do with a powerline problem never considered this a possibility because the communication between the console and the sensors is wireless.  Any  -:)  Please!!  B:(   B:(    Thanks!

Tom j.

Tuicemen

• Administrator
  • Helpful Post Rating: 282
  • I don't work for X10, I use it successfuly!
« Reply #17 on: December 16, 2010, 08:51:56 AM »

Did you ever trip the main circit breaker and test the unit?
There is the possibility that something up stairs is failing (old radio alarm clock, space heater...).
If it is something electrical it is best to start looking now before the house is ashes.
 >!
Please Read Topic:
General Forum Etiquette
Before you post!

tom j

« Reply #18 on: December 17, 2010, 01:43:42 AM »

Did you ever trip the main circit breaker and test the unit?
There is the possibility that something up stairs is failing (old radio alarm clock, space heater...).
If it is something electrical it is best to start looking now before the house is ashes.
 >!

No Tuicemen but I will be shortly as soon as I can get back over there, any idea what this could be? there's really nothing up there that I can think of. There is a small three year old space heater, but none of the other things you mentioned. Starting to lose my hair over this with her bugging me and I didn't have that much to start with.  ;D     B:(

Tom j.
« Last Edit: December 17, 2010, 06:07:22 PM by tom j »

tom j

« Reply #19 on: December 18, 2010, 10:07:42 PM »

Ademco  http://cgi.ebay.com/Honeywell-Ademco-Vista-15P-6150RF-Keypad-Wireless-/140479869851?pt=LH_DefaultDomain_0&hash=item20b540b39b#ht_2022wt_1139

and its done...no fuss...and reliable

Hi say well I did some checking and this is a really nice system it does have it's limitations though it can only accept 6 hardwired sensors and an almost unlimited number 20 or 30 I can't remember wireless connections I think? So for a person that's only needs a small number of hardwired connections this is really a good deal. Wireless is great for places that are difficult to wire, but after the problem my sister had I'm thinking I'll keep them to a minimum.

Also saw these two wireless units from Honeywell these have the ability to upgrade to a DIGITAL COMMICATOR that's real nice no worry about the bad guys cutting your phone line and the unit will fit right inside the Wireless Keypad "Installing a GSM radio or Internet communicator is now even easier with the GSML and 7847i-L models. They simply install inside the same plastic case as the LYNXR-2 with no additional enclosures to mount."  see below. Still a little bit leery about going completely wireless after what happen to my sister I do have three wireless sensors on my new DSC system but that was out of complete necessity don't know if I really trust the wireless stuff after this regardless of the cause.  But I did use a ds700 for maybe 9 years and although I had my share of problems I had nothing really like what my sister is experiencing.  :(  :o

Tom j.

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=150534437607&ssPageName=STRK:MEWAX:IT

Great Deal Actually
See Below

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=130341555857&ssPageName=STRK:MEWAX:IT

UPDATE

Just read that this panel Honeywell-Ademco-Vista-15P-6150RF also accepts a hardwired expansion board but they don't don't say how many additional inputs it accepts. The wireless version also appears to support x10 which is a definite plus!!
« Last Edit: December 18, 2010, 11:47:10 PM by tom j »

tom j

« Reply #20 on: December 20, 2010, 12:43:21 AM »

Guys I might have found an electrical hot spot in the wall of my sisters house I got a buddy with one of those infrared cameras and he's going to shot the area I accidentally found it with my infrared thermometer. This system operates somewhere in the 300 mhz range from what I've been told so is it possible something like this could cause this type of interference.  ???  ???

Tom j.

Brian H

• Community Organizer
  • Helpful Post Rating: 305
« Reply #21 on: December 20, 2010, 06:01:46 AM »

X10 is 310Mhz. Strong 300MHz RF could definitely overload the X10 receiver.

tom j

« Reply #22 on: December 20, 2010, 08:15:20 PM »

Could an electrical problem actually cause this, like a short or something could it actually produce a frequency in this range?

Tom j.

-Bill- (of wgjohns.com)

• Advanced Member
  • Helpful Post Rating: 81
  • He's just this guy. You know?
    • wgjohns.com
« Reply #23 on: December 21, 2010, 12:21:58 AM »

Could an electrical problem actually cause this, like a short or something could it actually produce a frequency in this range?

Tom j.

Pretty much any electrical arc is a high power broadband RF jammer.  ;)
 >!
-Bill- (of wgjohns.com)
bill@wgjohns.com

In the real world, the only constant is change.

When I'm online you can find me in the Home Automation Chat Room!

tom j

« Reply #24 on: December 22, 2010, 08:38:40 PM »

Tom j.

Pretty much any electrical arc is a high power broadband RF jammer.  ;)

>!

I'm sure it's not actually arcing could just a short in the wire cause interference like this?? For some reason it's been working perfectly for the last 5 days, never had a chance to check the breakers DARN!! I really wanted to try to find out if this was inside or outside the house.  She plans on ordering that Honeywell system and just use the x10 in case of an emergency with the main system so it's not really money lost. Wonder how the more sophisticated wireless units handle inference I know there has to be some other way then the way x10 deals with it or actually doesn't deal with it. Thanks

Tom j.

Tuicemen

• Administrator
  • Helpful Post Rating: 282
  • I don't work for X10, I use it successfuly!
« Reply #25 on: December 22, 2010, 08:49:15 PM »

It would be a shame to order that Honeywell and the the issue effects it as well!
I'd be trying to root out the problem before I throw more money at another wireless system!
Please Read Topic:
General Forum Etiquette
Before you post!

tom j

« Reply #26 on: December 23, 2010, 08:56:39 PM »

It would be a shame to order that Honeywell and the the issue effects it as well!
I'd be trying to root out the problem before I throw more money at another wireless system!

Hi Tuice, and Marry Christmas, well in case that's not politically correct Happy Holidays! Yep I told her to wait but she has become so dependent on an alarm system and although she lives in a upscale actually very upscale area there was a break in a few weeks ago and now she's really nervous about the X10 system basically locking up again. She actually already received the Honeywell but it's a hybrid system mostly going to be hardwired having our uncle come over and drop most of the wires in the basement and use maybe two wireless contacts upstairs. I will continue to try to trouble shoot the problem and I've showed her how to flip the breakers and try to arm/un-arm the system if it occurs again. I haven't seen the new system yet but I recommended it over the DSC because the wireless sensors appear to be a lot cheaper and I've read the programing is more more user friendly plus she can add a daughter board for more expansion. Will keep you posted and thanks! for your concern.

Tom j.

tom j

« Reply #27 on: December 24, 2010, 02:29:57 AM »

I'm still thinking maybe sunspots   -:)  ;D  :'  rofl  >*<

Tom j.
Pages: 1 [2]

X10.com | About X10 | X10 Security Systems | Cameras| Package Deals
© Copyright 2014-2016 X10.com All rights reserved.