Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Author Topic: Camera Videos Not Being Recorded ... sometimes  (Read 3873 times)

Don N

• Helpful Post Rating: 14
Camera Videos Not Being Recorded ... sometimes
« on: December 17, 2010, 03:12:10 PM »

I'm curious if anyone has had intermittent failure to record wireless camera videos onto their PC.  I'm running AHP (3.296) iWatchout, MyHouse Online and Smart Macros on a Windows 7 (64-bit) PC.  And occasionally my videos are not being recorded in the directory C:\My Images\Video.  Before I upgraded AHP and my PC, from an XP machine, everything worked fine.

If I check the Activity Monitor I can see that the Macros have execute flawlessly ... but as I said occasionally they are not being recorded into the directory.  I estimate about 30% of the time they are not recorded.  I've done the usually "cleansing" of my environment by getting rid of deleted Macros, unplugging the AHP and "debattering" it, restarting my computer, etc.

So far I haven't discovered any patterns to the failures (ie length of videos, frequency of videos, time of day, other process running on my PC, etc).  Since the Macros are working fine, could there be an intermittent "handshacking" problem with AHP (3.296) and Windows 7 upon completion of the recording process?  Having managed large software development projects for many years, upgrading systems often produces these kinds of anomalies.  I'm not saying that's the case here, but we have seen several upgrades of AHP in the last couple of months, thus allowing opportunity for this kind of anomaly.

So, I'm curious if others have seen this problem. 

X10.com | About X10 | X10 Security Systems | Cameras| Package Deals
© Copyright 2014-2016 X10.com All rights reserved.