Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Author Topic: KR19A Programing Problem  (Read 4725 times)

jkelsey1

• Helpful Post Rating: 0
KR19A Programing Problem
« on: January 25, 2011, 08:55:14 PM »

Seven months ago I installed a TM751 Transceiver and two UM506 Modules to provide momentary closure to a pair of old garage door openers using a pair of KR19A remotes .  The system worked fine at installation and still does.  I want to have a third remote, yet I can't get another KR19A to work.  I tried the three suggested programing techniques on the forum (http://forums.x10.com/index.php?topic=9657.msg60398#msg60398) with no luck.  I purchased a fourth KR19A and that doesn't program either.  I don't want to tamper with the working setup operating on codes A6 & A7.

Any ideas? Date codes are 09F26 & 10E22

EricInDayton

Re: KR19A Programing Problem
« Reply #1 on: October 27, 2012, 08:00:13 PM »

I have a similar problem.  After moving into a new house, I unpacked a bunch of my X10 stuff that I haven't used in a few years.

I have two KR19A key chain remotes.  Both have date code 9H34 on the white sticker inside the cover.  None of the programming methods work with either of these remotes.

The battery is working.  Pressing any of the keys lights the top LED so it seems to be transmitting.

Pressing and holding the On1 key for several seconds seems to display the home code a pause and then a single flash of the LED.

Pressing and holding the On1 and Off1 key at the same time for 2-60 seconds does nothing.  The LED does the transmit flash and then never comes back on or stays on.

Any thoughts or ideas?

Thanks.

Brian H

• Community Organizer
  • Helpful Post Rating: 305
« Reply #2 on: October 27, 2012, 08:07:06 PM »

The instructions in the X10 wiki don't work?
http://kbase.x10.com/wiki/Programming_Your_Slimfire_Remote

EricInDayton

« Reply #3 on: October 27, 2012, 08:33:18 PM »

Ah ha - figured it out.

These are definitely the older remotes - but they don't follow the old programming instructions exactly - very slight variation (or missing info).

To get these to work I did the following:

To set the house code: I pressed and held the On1 button until it flashed the current house code - if you keep holding the button for a couple seconds there is a longer flash - once this longer flash happens its too late to set the code and you'll need to start over.  Before the last flash release the On1 button and press the number of times for the house code desired, holding the On1 on the final number until the LED flashes the new house code.  Holding on the last press is critical.

Same for the unit code except using the Off1 button.  If you hold until the long LED flash - start over.  Also make sure to hold the last number.

X10.com | About X10 | X10 Security Systems | Cameras| Package Deals
© Copyright 2014-2016 X10.com All rights reserved.