Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Author Topic: ur86a holding button  (Read 12212 times)

lestat02882

• Helpful Post Rating: 0
ur86a holding button
« on: February 02, 2011, 12:44:05 PM »

I've got a ur86a google remote/mouse remote.  It's worked for me with the Niveus software for a few years.

However, over the past few months in PC mode, the buttons don't work while holding them down.  In other words, I used to be able to press and hold the channel up/down button and the led on the remote would remain lit, and the channel on my HTPC would continue to change as long as I kept pressing the button.  Now, if I press and hold the button, the led ligths up once, goes off, and the channel only changes once, even though I continue to hold down the button.

I've tried brand new, just out of the package batteries.  That didn't fix it.  I did a master reset as per the instructions in the manual.  And I did a PC mode reprogram as per the instructions.  That didn't fix it either.

Anyone have any ideas what the problem could be?

Tuicemen

• Administrator
  • Helpful Post Rating: 282
  • I don't work for X10, I use it successfuly!
Re: ur86a holding button
« Reply #1 on: February 02, 2011, 01:19:46 PM »

I'm not familiar with that remote but it sounds like the remote is on its last legs.
I had a (RadioShack) remote that worked like that and finally the button just popped off! :(
Please Read Topic:
General Forum Etiquette
Before you post!

dave w

• Community Organizer
  • Helpful Post Rating: 139
Re: ur86a holding button
« Reply #2 on: February 02, 2011, 03:14:38 PM »

Now, if I press and hold the button, the led ligths up once, goes off, and the channel only changes once, even though I continue to hold down the button.
FWIW:
Rubber conductive elastomer buttons become dirty and less conductive or the carbon impregnated rubber becomes slick and smooth, again reducing their conductivity. There is a conductive elastomer rejuvenation liquid, but I can't find it right now (thought Radio Shark carried it, but no luck). Anywho I have used denatured alcohol with some success. You have to take the remote apart, and clean the carbon impregnated rubber pads where they contact the PC board. I use a soft tooth brush to gently "scrub" the contact area. Once cleaned, do not touch the pads, finger oils really mess up the conductivity.

Sometimes it works, sometimes it makes it worse. Tuicemen is correct, the remote is probably on it's last legs.
"This aftershave makes me look fat"

X10.com | About X10 | X10 Security Systems | Cameras| Package Deals
© Copyright 2014-2016 X10.com All rights reserved.