Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Author Topic: AM466 Appliance Module Problem  (Read 5782 times)

kosti

• Helpful Post Rating: 0
AM466 Appliance Module Problem
« on: March 16, 2011, 04:46:55 PM »

Hi all, this is my 1st post so go easy on me  ;D.  I did a search but can't seem to find an answer.  I have an IP camera plugged into my AM466 appliance module.  I want to be able to turn the camera on and off from the remote when I come home, which I am able to do.  The problem I am having is that when the alarm is tripped, the appliance module turns off, thus turning my camera off.  Is there any way to have the appliance module not turn on/off when the alarm is tripped?  Thanks in advance.

Jeff M

• Helpful Post Rating: 3
Re: AM466 Appliance Module Problem
« Reply #1 on: March 16, 2011, 04:52:32 PM »

What is the unit code of your appliance module?  Is it set to 1 or 2?  Try changing it to another unit code that is not currently being used so the console does not activate or de-activate it when the alarm is tripped.

kosti

« Reply #2 on: March 16, 2011, 05:06:11 PM »

I've tried the appliance module at 1,2,3, and 4 and it still turns off when the alarm is tripped.  The only other module I have is a lamp module that's set to 1.  My base unit is also set to 1.

dave w

• Community Organizer
  • Helpful Post Rating: 139
« Reply #3 on: March 16, 2011, 05:32:38 PM »

Hi all, this is my 1st post so go easy on me  ;D.  I did a search but can't seem to find an answer.  I have an IP camera plugged into my AM466 appliance module.  I want to be able to turn the camera on and off from the remote when I come home, which I am able to do.  The problem I am having is that when the alarm is tripped, the appliance module turns off, thus turning my camera off.  Is there any way to have the appliance module not turn on/off when the alarm is tripped?  Thanks in advance.
What is the security system? DS7000? It sounds like the system is "flashing" the house code in alarm. i.e. "All Lights ON, ALL units OFF, All Lights ON", etc. The first "All Units OFF" will turn off the appliance module and it will remain off.

Two choices come to mind: 1. Use a totally different HC for the Appliance Module and camera control. 2. Upgrade to the new SC1200 sytem which does not flash the HC.
"This aftershave makes me look fat"

kosti

« Reply #4 on: March 16, 2011, 06:05:38 PM »

Thanks for the replies so far.  It is a DS7000.  So basically what you are saying is that it is doing this by design?   

Brian H

• Community Organizer
  • Helpful Post Rating: 305
« Reply #5 on: March 16, 2011, 06:14:15 PM »

Yes.
When an alarm is triggered. If the appliance module is on the same House Code as the Security Lights are on. The first All Units Off will turn an appliance module Off. It does not respond to an All Lights On so it will stay Off.

dave w

• Community Organizer
  • Helpful Post Rating: 139
« Reply #6 on: March 16, 2011, 06:18:05 PM »

Thanks for the replies so far.  It is a DS7000.  So basically what you are saying is that it is doing this by design?   
Yes. Look at page 23

ftp://ftp.x10.com/pub/manuals/ds7000-om.pdf

oops sorry Brian, didn't see you there.
"This aftershave makes me look fat"

Brian H

• Community Organizer
« Reply #7 on: March 16, 2011, 06:52:20 PM »

Separate House Code with corresponding remote and transceiver could eliminate the probelm as others have suggested.

The SC1200A Security Console sends an On and Off to two addresses. House Code Unit Code you set and House Code Unit Code +1.
The console can tranceive all sixteen Unit Codes so if your remote can do an added unit code it may work.
You can't use the two security light code addresses for the appliance module. When armed home it send an On and Off to both addresses. Armed away sends the On then waits for the exit delay and then sends the Off. Also with an alarm. Both addresses cycle on and off. The appliance module if it was on the security light code address would also cycle On and Off.
The SC1200A is compatible with the older security modules and remotes. Except some Powerhorns.

kosti

« Reply #8 on: March 16, 2011, 11:46:12 PM »

Thank you all for the replies.  I think I'm just going to go with some sort of power switch with RF Remote, that should do what I need and will probably be cheaper than an upgrade or a new base unit. 

lodtrack

• Helpful Post Rating: 6
« Reply #9 on: March 17, 2011, 07:21:18 AM »

Rather than spend extra money, changing the housecode of either the appliance module or the DS7000 will work as per above threads...and it's free! Itried it out on my setup...did not read the fine print on page 23 so I was not aware an appliance module would respond at all to a "all lights off command" I learn something everyday.

Brian H

• Community Organizer
« Reply #10 on: March 17, 2011, 07:48:23 AM »

Appliance Modules does not respond to a All Lights Off command.
All Units Off command is the one sent by the console.

Actually All Lights Off is a orphan X10 command.
It is defined in the X10 protocol but not used much.
I have some versions of lamp modules that do not even respond to the All Lights Off command.  :'

X10.com | About X10 | X10 Security Systems | Cameras| Package Deals
© Copyright 2014-2016 X10.com All rights reserved.