Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Pages: [1] 2

Author Topic: WS12A not responded to AHP anymore.  (Read 5695 times)

queequeeg

• Helpful Post Rating: 0
WS12A not responded to AHP anymore.
« on: March 21, 2011, 06:00:21 PM »

I read the "Read me" posts first to see if I can find an answer related to mine but didn't so I am now asking it here. Three weeks ago my computer just went kaput, I had windows vista running and a WS12A dimmer and a lamp module setup, they both worked fine. I built a new system with windows 7 and installed AHP and my wall dimmer doesn't respond at all.

At first I thought maybe was blocking the signal so I unplugged the powerline and with an extension cord I put it about a foot away from the wall switch and still nothing.

Any help would be appreciated.

Brian H

• Community Organizer
  • Helpful Post Rating: 305
Re: WS12A not responded to AHP anymore.
« Reply #1 on: March 21, 2011, 06:05:22 PM »

What version of AHP are you using?
Is you interface the CM15A or the CM19A with TM751?

queequeeg

« Reply #2 on: March 21, 2011, 06:10:39 PM »

Shoot I am sorry forgot to put that in.

My AHP version is 3.305
and its CM15A

Noam

• Community Organizer
  • Helpful Post Rating: 51
« Reply #3 on: March 21, 2011, 09:25:12 PM »

How old are the wall switch and lamp module?
What version of AHP were you using before?

It is possible that your modules are old enough to be non-SafeStart, but AHP is reating them as SafeStart modules.

If that's the case, you need to re-define them using the "Old Lamps (non SafeStart)" category.

queequeeg

« Reply #4 on: March 21, 2011, 09:51:17 PM »

I bought them and installed them in the middle of Feb, and I am using the same version as I was before.

Dan Lawrence

• Helpful Post Rating: 68
« Reply #5 on: March 22, 2011, 07:45:11 AM »

Then they are Soft-Start modules (Lamp and some Appliance modules).
I don't SELL this stuff... BUT I sure do ENJOY using it!!!

Tuicemen

• Administrator
  • Helpful Post Rating: 282
  • I don't work for X10, I use it successfuly!
« Reply #6 on: March 22, 2011, 08:41:19 AM »

Get AHP version 3.306 it was designed for the softstart modules.
 >!
Please Read Topic:
General Forum Etiquette
Before you post!

Noam

• Community Organizer
« Reply #7 on: March 22, 2011, 08:52:39 AM »

Actually, support for the SoftStart modules was introduced in 3.302. Since you said you have 3.305, you should already have SoftStart support. However, they should still respond to the older "on" and "off" commands.

Moving the CM15A to an outlet near the wall switch may not help if the light and the outlet are on different phases. If you can, try an outlet on the same phase as the light switch. OR, you can put the CM15A and the lamp module on the same outlet, and see if you can control it that way.

If you have a TM751 and a handheld remote, you can test to see if the switch responds to any commands.

If you turn the switch on manually, can you turn if off with AHP?
What type of bulbs are you using in that fixture?
If nothing changed in your home besides the new PC, then the power supply in the new PC might be putting out a lot of noise, you may need to filter that.

Have you tried a full reset of the CM15A? Unplug it from the wall, unplug the USB cable, and remove the batteries for a few mew minutes. Then put it all back together and try it again.

Tuicemen

• Administrator
  • Helpful Post Rating: 282
  • I don't work for X10, I use it successfuly!
« Reply #8 on: March 22, 2011, 09:26:28 AM »

Version 3.305 was out for a short time before it was updated, who knows what all bugs were in it!
Most users have now updated to the newest release.
If this is indeed a bug with 3.305, doing  all the suggested trouble shooting is useless. ::) :'
Install the latest update then if it still fails, start the debugging steps Noam has suggested. ;)
 >!
Please Read Topic:
General Forum Etiquette
Before you post!

Noam

• Community Organizer
« Reply #9 on: March 22, 2011, 10:32:46 AM »

Sorry, I didn't mean to indicate that he should stay with 3.305. I was just pointing out that even though 3.305 already had SoftStart support, if his modules really are SoftStart, they should respond to the older "on" and "off" commands, anyway. Might be some other bug in 3.305, I suppose.

I definitely think he should be upgrading to 3.306, though.

queequeeg

« Reply #10 on: March 22, 2011, 02:13:42 PM »

This is really strange that everything is the same as it was before I changed my PC, but now its not working. I tried doing the reset and moved the powerline to my laptop (in the same room) but away from my PC and it allows the Lamp Module to still turn on but still nothing with the dimmer. The bulbs are the same, ive turned the lights off (dimmer) manually and there is nothing going to the dimmer at all. In an hour or so my family is going to run some errands so I think I am going to shut off the power to the house and take out the dimmer and see if there is any sort of idk problems. Would changing the code on the device do anything? It was set at A1, i read the documents on this device and it said I could open it up and change the house/unit code. When I got it, i just installed it without doing anything.

Should I be on the lookout for something particular when I take it out?

Noam

• Community Organizer
« Reply #11 on: March 22, 2011, 02:36:59 PM »

You said that one of the modules worked when you switched the CM15A over to your laptop, but the other didn't?
Did you shut down the new PC when you were doing this?
It is possible that the power supply in the new PC is creating a lot of noise, and drowning out (or sucking up) the CM15A's transmissions on the powerline.
If you can, I would suggest shutting down the PC, and connecting the CM15A to the laptop. If you can unplug the laptop's AC adapter, and run it on batteries, that would be even better. PC and laptop power supplies have been known to be very noisy, and they might need to be filtered out.

queequeeg

« Reply #12 on: March 22, 2011, 02:46:56 PM »

Thats correct. I will try the laptop again with pc shut off and the AC shut off. Let me ask you something Noam, my PC was rebuilt last Wednesday and i dont remember exactly when I installed AHP and tried out the lights on this new PC, but Saturday Verizon came over and moved the lines etc, I am in no way a electric nor a telephone expert, but that wouldn't have anything to do with why my wall switch not working anymore would it? I read some other posts about peoples signals getting drowned from electric "smart meters". I dont remember if it was before and after last Saturday I tried these lights, so I cant rule that out without knowing if it is possible that it may have been that.

queequeeg

« Reply #13 on: March 22, 2011, 02:53:57 PM »

Ok just tried it on the laptop with my computer completely off, and the AC off on the laptop and still nothing.

Brian H

• Community Organizer
  • Helpful Post Rating: 305
« Reply #14 on: March 22, 2011, 02:59:08 PM »

Off may not be enough. As part of the PC power supply is still running or the AC input filters are still connected.
Try unplugging it completely.
Pages: [1] 2

X10.com | About X10 | X10 Security Systems | Cameras| Package Deals
© Copyright 2014-2016 X10.com All rights reserved.