Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Pages: 1 [2]

Author Topic: New AHP Version 3.310 Released 3/25/2011  (Read 19700 times)

npampel

• Helpful Post Rating: 6
Re: New AHP Version 3.310 Released 3/25/2011
« Reply #15 on: March 25, 2011, 12:32:58 PM »

Thanks Noam for sticking with me on this.  >! maybe if others run into the same issues, this thread will help.

1. Update plugins manually with individual files
2. Update AHP
3. Use the "MyGarage" plugin to open/close the garage door
4. Status will properly show.

Cheers,
Nate

npampel

« Reply #16 on: March 25, 2011, 12:35:07 PM »

sorry Noam, I posted at about the same time you did.  Yes, I opened/closed the door after installing the AHP updater file installation method but to no prevail.  Hope this helps.

Noam

• Community Organizer
  • Helpful Post Rating: 51
« Reply #17 on: March 25, 2011, 12:41:18 PM »

Thanks.
I'll mention this to the developers.
I'd like to hear if anyone else has seen the same issue, as well.

npampel

« Reply #18 on: March 25, 2011, 01:00:00 PM »

You are most welcome and Thank you Noam for all of your help.

Real quick, while we are sort of on the topic of the "my garage" plugin; has anyone had issues running the "MyGarage" mobile within Internet Explorer on mobile devices?  It works in Opera and other browsers but not in IE on mobile devices.  OnAlert mobile and ActivePhone work just fine in Internet Explorer on a mobile device.

Tuicemen

• Administrator
  • Helpful Post Rating: 282
  • I don't work for X10, I use it successfuly!
« Reply #19 on: March 25, 2011, 02:32:32 PM »

Well I did the auto installer which was to update any plug-ins.
Now I get the registration screen for the mobile apps which I don't have nor do I want.
The installer said updates AHP and any plug-ins it should say ALL plug-ins.
Think maybe the installer should look at what is installed and only try to update those!
 >!
Please Read Topic:
General Forum Etiquette
Before you post!

Noam

• Community Organizer
« Reply #20 on: March 25, 2011, 03:34:23 PM »

Well I did the auto installer which was to update any plug-ins.
Now I get the registration screen for the mobile apps which I don't have nor do I want.
The installer said updates AHP and any plug-ins it should say ALL plug-ins.
Think maybe the installer should look at what is installed and only try to update those!
 >!
I had something similar with mine.
Since I didn't have a VA11A plugged into my second PC (the one I was testing the upgrade on), I had uninstalled the iWatchout plugin a long time ago. I did this by changing the "plugin" line in the xml file to "no plugin".
Well, after the update, it was enabled again. It looks like the updated round the DLL, and added the line for it.

Did you, at any time, install any of those other plugins on that PC? If so, perhaps the installer found them and re-activated them.
I'll let the developers know about that one.

Let's wait and see if anyone else reports any installer problems before updating the Bug List.

rnorton888

• Helpful Post Rating: 0
« Reply #21 on: March 25, 2011, 03:59:41 PM »

I installed 3.310 and it asked me if I wanted to install plugins I had. It worked fine. Only installed items I already had. I had a fresh install of 3.306 with new computer about 2 months agoe so it seems to have worked fine.
I initally installed some plugins I did not have activated at first a couple months ago and I kept getting the screen that I had to click on to get it to close the registration screen so I reinstalled the entire computer and did not install items I did not have registration codes for so this update seems to work fine.
Thanks
Randy

Tuicemen

• Administrator
  • Helpful Post Rating: 282
  • I don't work for X10, I use it successfuly!
« Reply #22 on: March 25, 2011, 04:31:08 PM »

initally installed some plugins I did not have activated at first a couple months ago

Ok looks like this may have been the case with this PC!
As I had lines commented out in the XML file and the installer rewrote them!
I had thought it was the XP machine that this was done on! B:(
Please Read Topic:
General Forum Etiquette
Before you post!

ErikP

« Reply #23 on: March 25, 2011, 05:25:16 PM »

Quick explanation about the new installer framework.

This is an advanced topic so if some of this doesn't make sense to you, you likely don't need to worry about any of this :)

The universal update installer is the base installer which all of the other installers use.  For this reason it is slightly smaller than the others since it contains no data about what to install, it gets all of that from the ahp_plugin.xml file in the specified install directory. 

The text parsing it does is very basic, it simply looks for the 6 character identifier of the plugin.  For this reason if you had commented out a line, the installer will update that plugin's files and rewrite the plugin entry to the file.  It was never intended that the user should edit this file, so it assumes it hasn't been tampered with.  If you want to disable a plugin I recommend you delete the entry line completely.  This way the upgrade installer won't attempt to restore it.

The update installer will always install the AHP base program files.

The specific installers, are really just a self extracting file which contains the universal update installer, and a small text config file to override the default behavior.  When the universal upgrade installer runs it checks for the presence of of this config file, and if found installs the specified plugins ignoring the ahp_plugin.xml file. 

Currently to rebuild your installation you need to run each plugin's installer separately to install all the files and write all the plugin entries.  I am working with IT to deploy an updated software page which will dynamically generate a custom AHP installer with a custom config file specifying the plugins you select.  We are also working to roll this out to the new order system so if you place an order for an AHP plugin, the email generated will contain a custom installer which will install all of the plugins purchased by your account.  Once this is complete, you can still run the universal update installer for quick updates, but doing a clean install for any plugin configuration will simply mean checking a few boxes then downloading and running a single installer.  New users who purchase a bundle of software should also have a significantly easier time by being able to just run one installer to get up and running.

The self extracting exe's should place the universal installer and the config file side by side in your system's default temp directory.

Noam

• Community Organizer
« Reply #24 on: March 25, 2011, 05:37:29 PM »

Currently to rebuild your installation you need to run each plugin's installer separately to install all the files and write all the plugin entries.  I am working with IT to deploy an updated software page which will dynamically generate a custom AHP installer with a custom config file specifying the plugins you select.  We are also working to roll this out to the new order system so if you place an order for an AHP plugin, the email generated will contain a custom installer which will install all of the plugins purchased by your account.  Once this is complete, you can still run the universal update installer for quick updates, but doing a clean install for any plugin configuration will simply mean checking a few boxes then downloading and running a single installer.  New users who purchase a bundle of software should also have a significantly easier time by being able to just run one installer to get up and running.

The self extracting exe's should place the universal installer and the config file side by side in your system's default temp directory.

Why not just have the installer open up a box, where you can check off the plugins you want to install?
Other programs (MS Office comes to mind) make it easy to add or remove components, by re-running the install, and selecting or deselecting options.

Since you would need a key to activate each plugin, I don't see the harm in doing this.
It would also make it easier for novice users to remove a plugin they no longer want to use.

ErikP

« Reply #25 on: March 25, 2011, 06:04:35 PM »

I'll add that to the list of suggestions :)

Noam

• Community Organizer
« Reply #26 on: April 14, 2011, 09:40:14 PM »

Since version 3.311 was released this morning, I'm making this thread "non-sticky."
Pages: 1 [2]

X10.com | About X10 | X10 Security Systems | Cameras| Package Deals
© Copyright 2014-2016 X10.com All rights reserved.