Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Pages: 1 [2]

Author Topic: Macro Trigger Problems  (Read 17795 times)

dave w

• Community Organizer
  • Helpful Post Rating: 139
Re: Macro Trigger Problems
« Reply #15 on: June 12, 2011, 05:06:32 PM »

AHP version 3.315 was released this past Thursday (6/9/2011), and is supposed to have a fix for the time-based macro conditions.
Gee, how long has this problem been with us?
"This aftershave makes me look fat"

Noam

• Community Organizer
  • Helpful Post Rating: 51
« Reply #16 on: June 13, 2011, 09:20:58 AM »

AHP version 3.315 was released this past Thursday (6/9/2011), and is supposed to have a fix for the time-based macro conditions.
Gee, how long has this problem been with us?

Apparently for quite some time, but the developers were never able to replicate it on their end. It was only in the past few weeks that they were able to get examples and files from some users having the problem, so they could track it down and correct it.

Noam

• Community Organizer
« Reply #17 on: June 22, 2011, 03:38:34 PM »

Has anyone been able to verify if their "time-based condition" problem was fixed by updating to 3.315?
I still haven't heard back from anyone.

mrmopar

• Helpful Post Rating: 0
« Reply #18 on: August 01, 2011, 11:38:44 AM »

Noam

• Community Organizer
« Reply #19 on: August 01, 2011, 12:46:07 PM »

I don't think its fixed.

http://forums.x10.com/index.php?topic=24389.0

That thread seems to be referring to something totally different.
The bug in question only affected time-based conditions (ex: Turn on light IF it is AFTER 10:00 PM), and ONLY if run from the PC.
Your thread seems to be a problem with a conditional macro not executing at all. That's a completely different issue.

mrmopar

« Reply #20 on: August 01, 2011, 03:32:57 PM »

I don't think its fixed.

The bug in question only affected time-based conditions (ex: Turn on light IF it is AFTER 10:00 PM), and ONLY if run from the PC.
Your thread seems to be a problem with a conditional macro not executing at all. That's a completely different issue.

Not true. The conditional macro is being called when triggered by the timer. It just fails to execute the action of the macro. It looks like it thinks the "flag" is NOT set, but the Status Report says it is.

I did not see where this thread was specifically associated with running from a PC, even after rereading it.

Noam

• Community Organizer
« Reply #21 on: August 01, 2011, 03:55:29 PM »

I don't think its fixed.

Not true. The conditional macro is being called when triggered by the timer. It just fails to execute the action of the macro. It looks like it thinks the "flag" is NOT set, but the Status Report says it is.

I did not see where this thread was specifically associated with running from a PC, even after rereading it.

The bug that was referred to, which was fixed in version 3.315, specifically affected ONLY macros run from the PC, AND only if they had a time-based condition. The logic in the AHP code was reversed, so the time-based condition would be evaluated backward (true when it should be false, false when it should be true).
This comes straight from the explanation I got directly from the developer who fixed it.
Since you are running 3.316, AND your condition is not time-based (it is flag-based), AND you are running the macro from the CM15A (not the PC), then the problem you are having is different from the one that was fixed in 3.315.

That said, it doesn't mean you didn't find a DIFFERENT bug.
I'll reply in your other thread, with some specific troubleshooting you can try.

mrmopar

« Reply #22 on: August 01, 2011, 04:42:49 PM »

Thank you very much!!! Help is appreciated..
Pages: 1 [2]

X10.com | About X10 | X10 Security Systems | Cameras| Package Deals
© Copyright 2014-2016 X10.com All rights reserved.