Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Author Topic: Can I Configure OnAlert Mobile for Internet Access?  (Read 8441 times)

jlmcleod

• Helpful Post Rating: 0
Can I Configure OnAlert Mobile for Internet Access?
« on: April 10, 2011, 01:52:24 PM »

Is there a way to configure OnAlert Mobile Internet access? I have it configured for WiFi when I am at home but would like to control active home when I am away. Thanks for any help.
« Last Edit: April 10, 2011, 02:14:14 PM by jlmcleod »

npampel

• Helpful Post Rating: 6
Re: Can I Configure OnAlert Mobile for Internet Access?
« Reply #1 on: April 11, 2011, 02:20:05 PM »

I use OnAlert mobile to do exactly what you are wanting. And you can do it outside of your homes wifi by using dynDNS or a static IP.

First you need to know if you have a static IP or a dynamic (changing) IP address from your Internet provider.  If you have a static IP address it makes it a bit easier.  If you have a dynamic IP address, I recommend dynDNS (http://www.dyndns.com/).  This will enable you to have a static or non changing address to your AHP server even if your IP address changes.  You will need to set up an account but it is free.
Then you will need to go to your firewall router and port forward port 8777 to your AHP server IP address.  The steps to do this depends on your router.  You can find a lot of useful and specific information to your router here: http://portforward.com/

Then on your mobile smart phone in a web browser you would simply use one of these addresses to access your mobile apps:
IPaddress:8777/onalert     or      username.dynalias.net:8777/onalert

Hope this Helps.

Cheers,'
Nate >!

lodtrack

• Helpful Post Rating: 6
Re: Can I Configure OnAlert Mobile for Internet Access?
« Reply #2 on: April 12, 2011, 07:34:23 AM »

If you are not used to playing inside your router(like port forwarding etc) Then Logmein.com(free) offers a good remote control application that configures everything for you. It can be accessed by web browser on pc,s and many handheld devices. They sell apps for Ipads and Android devices. I was even able to use their site with an old Ipaq wifi enabled personal assistant!

X10.com | About X10 | X10 Security Systems | Cameras| Package Deals
© Copyright 2014-2016 X10.com All rights reserved.