Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Author Topic: OnAlert Macro to send email notification when Alarm is triggered..  (Read 26731 times)

X10inGA

• Helpful Post Rating: 0

Has anyone figured out how to create a macro send email notification when Alarm is triggered?  Niether AHP Pro nor On-Alert seem to have this option, but there's got to be a way.

phongluu

• Helpful Post Rating: 1
Re: OnAlert Macro to send email notification when Alarm is triggered..
« Reply #1 on: April 28, 2011, 11:17:23 AM »

Trigger: security sensor (either one by one, or involve UM506/single sensor)
Condition: Arm state
Action: send email (advance)

X10inGA

« Reply #2 on: April 28, 2011, 12:50:02 PM »

I was hoping not to have to set a separate macro for each door and window sensor separately.  AHP Pro/OnAlert should have a built-in "Alarm Triggered" condition for macros, but for some odd reason, they didn't think to do this.

There's got to be some simple and clever way around this.  Any other ideas anyone?  :)

phongluu

• Helpful Post Rating: 1
« Reply #3 on: April 28, 2011, 01:35:32 PM »

If you read my comment again in (), you will see the easy way out ;)

Get a UM506, set it to same HC/LC as your DS7000/SC12A, connect it to a DS10A, install it to AHP-OnAlert = one single macro.

Tuicemen

• Administrator
  • Helpful Post Rating: 282
  • I don't work for X10, I use it successfuly!
« Reply #4 on: April 28, 2011, 02:57:49 PM »

I created a program X10SW that watches the security house code and will send another x10 command on a different house code which AHP could use as a macro trigger
You can find a link to the free X10SW in the thirdparty and add on section!
 >!
Please Read Topic:
General Forum Etiquette
Before you post!

freeballer

« Reply #5 on: May 08, 2011, 10:44:49 PM »

I'm struggling with this question as well. I have AMP and onalert. I'm trying to find a way to email when a motion sensor is triggered but I can't find the option in simple or advanced view. Does it REQUIRE a home security system as well to operate?

if you require additional info, I'll make a seperate topic of my own. I do not want to hijack this thread.

Knightrider

• Community Organizer
  • Helpful Post Rating: 62
  • I love my WM100!
    • This Automated House
« Reply #6 on: May 08, 2011, 11:01:20 PM »

I'm struggling with this question as well. I have AMP and onalert. I'm trying to find a way to email when a motion sensor is triggered but I can't find the option in simple or advanced view. Does it REQUIRE a home security system as well to operate?

if you require additional info, I'll make a seperate topic of my own. I do not want to hijack this thread.

No, but it does require smartmacros.
Remote control is cool,

but automation rules!

freeballer

« Reply #7 on: May 09, 2011, 04:18:29 PM »

Thank you.
i did finally find it. Now trying to figure out how to setup one without alot of false positives

Blaze85

« Reply #8 on: August 23, 2011, 02:12:42 PM »

Thank you.
i did finally find it. Now trying to figure out how to setup one without alot of false positives

Can you give some insight as to how you got this working? I am in the same situation and am having a lot of issues knowing when the alarm was triggered.

peg-leg

• Helpful Post Rating: 11
« Reply #9 on: October 10, 2011, 02:40:25 AM »

To  do what you are asking you simply need BVC. It can detect the All lights on/off command from your console, trigger a false switch, use that false switch to trigger the email macro in AHP.  I've had this for over 1 year now and it works great.  I have my AHP send a text to my smart phone, that way I'll always see or hear the alarm trigger without being dependent on have my email open.

Brian H

• Community Organizer
  • Helpful Post Rating: 305
« Reply #10 on: October 10, 2011, 06:49:44 AM »

peg-leg; That would work for the DS7000 kits but not the SC1200 console. It does not send the All Lights On and All Units Off.
It sends an On and off to the Security Light Address and the Security Light a Address +1 Unit Code.

Tuicemen

• Administrator
  • Helpful Post Rating: 282
  • I don't work for X10, I use it successfuly!
« Reply #11 on: October 10, 2011, 03:27:36 PM »

The new beta version of X10SW will see signals from a SC1200 as well as the DS7000.
However the only way to get this right now is to sign up as a beta tester @mywebsite
 >!
Please Read Topic:
General Forum Etiquette
Before you post!

sagelwwa

« Reply #12 on: April 27, 2013, 01:54:52 AM »

I found this post in a Google search and it was hitting on what I was looking for. I found my answer, so I figured I would add it here.

You don't need the built in Email Alert which supposedly comes with some plugin. I have OnAlert and AHP and don't have this option. Instead, I am using a simple Windows Command macro to send the email. It is much easier than you may think.

Create a new Windows command macro and run sendemail.exe http://caspian.dotconf.net/menu/Software/SendEmail/.
Parameters: -f me@gmail.com -t friend@yahoo.com -s smtp.gmail.com:587 -xu me@gmail.com -xp MY-PASSWORD -u "Test email" -m "Hi buddy, this is a test email."

When the macro runs, a command prompt window will open and shoot off the email all very quickly.... that's it. Email sent!

X10.com | About X10 | X10 Security Systems | Cameras| Package Deals
© Copyright 2014-2016 X10.com All rights reserved.