Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Author Topic: What is your experience with credit card refunds?  (Read 7833 times)

ratchet

• Helpful Post Rating: 1
What is your experience with credit card refunds?
« on: May 22, 2011, 01:41:33 PM »

After I upgraded an order they decided to just cancel the original order.  The new charge was posted on my card account immediately.  After several days of not seeing my credit I called and the representative stated, "They return the funds to the bank!"  What the heck is that and don't they know how to just credit your card?  My overall experience has been terrible so far.  I received half of my order yesterday without ever any notification of processing or shipment even though I requested information from two different "Check on your order" type links on their site.  I'm pasting an email I sent them last week (No reply of course!)!
"To whom it may concern:  I have to tell you that my ordering experience has been pretty gosh awful.  Given that on Monday 5/16/11, between the time I counted the number of "zones" I wanted to secure and placing my order, the facebook discount went from 25% to 15%, I decided to take advantage of your flash window prompt to call, negotiate and get the "Best Deal".  I placed my phone order but was never given an order number nor received any email conformation.  Hours later I decided I wanted to upgrade a component and despite having the original representatives extension was unable to contact the person.  The representative I worked with could not find any documentation of my order despite trying name, telephone number, zip code, email address and credit card number.  I finally used the live chat, providing the name and extension of my representative and was eventually contacted.  The upgrade was taken care of but again no order number or email confirmation.  The next day Customer Service contacted me that a component was on back order and did I want to upgrade.  A whole new order was placed and again no order number or email confirmation.  Finally, last night I contacted X10 to determine why my credit card statement had the new charges posted but no history of the credit for my original order.  Again it was very difficult for the representative to find any of my history without an order number.  Finally, after finding the information she provided me with the order numbers for both the canceled order and the new order.  So please, do your customers a favor, and as policy have your sales staff provide an order number during the transaction and send an immediate email confirmation.  Respectfully, Larry..."

Brian H

• Community Organizer
  • Helpful Post Rating: 305
Re: What is your experience with credit card refunds?
« Reply #1 on: May 22, 2011, 02:23:22 PM »

I am sorry to read of your problems.
Unfortunately this is a User to User Forum and we rarely see an X10 employee here or they don't acknowledge being here.
So X10 may not see this.

ratchet

« Reply #2 on: May 22, 2011, 02:31:47 PM »

I am sorry to read of your problems.
Unfortunately this is a User to User Forum and we rarely see an X10 employee here or they don't acknowledge being here.
So X10 may not see this.
I realize that.  I was just wondering if other customers had any experiences like this.

Jeff M

• Helpful Post Rating: 3
« Reply #3 on: May 23, 2011, 11:59:27 AM »

They are extremely slow in processing credit card refunds.  I finally contacted my credit card company to contest the charge.  A day or so later, I saw the credit to my account.  What a coincidence! 

ratchet

« Reply #4 on: May 23, 2011, 01:52:54 PM »

They are extremely slow in processing credit card refunds.  I finally contacted my credit card company to contest the charge.  A day or so later, I saw the credit to my account.  What a coincidence! 
They definitely have some strange way of doing it or they just sit on it.  They have a pat line about it's the banks responsibility to post it and that it may take as long as 14 days.  I'm going to give it until 3:00PM EDST and then I'm calling my bank.  They claimed it was taken care of (whatever that is) on the 18th.
« Last Edit: May 24, 2011, 03:57:08 AM by ratchet »

anotherRippedOFFCustomer

• Helpful Post Rating: 0
« Reply #5 on: July 11, 2011, 08:27:04 PM »

DO NOT BUY FROM X10. PERIOD.

X10 IS boldly refusing to refund $280 for order 459690004-GN618", that they know was never shipped canceled on June 10, 2011. My claims will never stop on behalf of legalities showing x10 not only refuses refund but refuses to make any attempt to properly correspond on this matter. They not respond to ANY of my emails, and their system must know my telephone number because every time i call no body answers but puts me on ling holds forever!! the web community needs to be informed that this company is unhealthy turning sour RIPPING PEOPLE OFF!!

Tools33

« Reply #6 on: July 13, 2011, 03:16:11 PM »

I am now (Wednesday, July 13, 2001) in the middle of trying to get a credit card credit from a canceled order.  I had a similar situation as someone else described; I was called by X10 after an online order that I could double an item quantity for only $8.  I said great, do it.  The next day, I had two orders showing.  I called and they canceled the first order, and stated I should see a credit within 8 to 10 business days.  I looked at my credit card online and both orders were showing pending.   I said okay, within 8-10 days, I can handle that.  Today makes 23 days since the cancel date.  I repeat 23 days.  I was just told by a supervisor that they only process credits in batches, every 14 days.  Wow, the charge hits my card in 2 hours, but they only process credits every 14 days.  Not that this process isn't just awful and unbelivable, but in my case, it has been 23 days (June 20 till July 13) and I was just told (just a few minutes ago) my credit would "process" soon and the credit should hit in the next 2 to 10 days.  What?  That would mean it would take OVER a montgh to get a credit for a canceled order.  How can they support such a process to customers???

My plan:  turn this over to my Bank and find products elsewhere from a company that seems to care about customers!

Thanks for listening.  I promise that every word in this is accurate, but I did leave out the two earlier calls checking on the credit status and I was told the credit should hit by next Tuesday - twice!

dave w

• Community Organizer
  • Helpful Post Rating: 139
« Reply #7 on: July 13, 2011, 03:42:50 PM »

Sounds like X10 version of check kiteing. Regardless it is always easier to take money than give it back. I believe X10 runs with minimal (skeleton) staffing, so batching refunds once or twice a month may be just their way of doing business.

Why don't you call the BBB in Washington state. Or call the Washington Attorney General. Better yet and simpler, email X10 Wireless clearly documenting the problem and delays and and cc the Washington AG.

"This aftershave makes me look fat"

Noam

• Community Organizer
  • Helpful Post Rating: 51
« Reply #8 on: July 13, 2011, 03:53:00 PM »

I've had similar experiences in the past (with other companies, not with X10), and I have gone through the credit card company. Tell them you cancelled the order and they never shipped the item, and that you are contesting the charges. In my case, they were very good about taking care of it, and then working it out with the vendor themselves.

If you haven't done so already, it might be another way to go.

ratchet

« Reply #9 on: July 27, 2011, 02:22:19 PM »

I am now (Wednesday, July 13, 2001) in the middle of trying to get a credit card credit from a canceled order.  I had a similar situation as someone else described; I was called by X10 after an online order that I could double an item quantity for only $8.  I said great, do it.  The next day, I had two orders showing.  I called and they canceled the first order, and stated I should see a credit within 8 to 10 business days.  I looked at my credit card online and both orders were showing pending.   I said okay, within 8-10 days, I can handle that.  Today makes 23 days since the cancel date.  I repeat 23 days.  I was just told by a supervisor that they only process credits in batches, every 14 days.  Wow, the charge hits my card in 2 hours, but they only process credits every 14 days.  Not that this process isn't just awful and unbelivable, but in my case, it has been 23 days (June 20 till July 13) and I was just told (just a few minutes ago) my credit would "process" soon and the credit should hit in the next 2 to 10 days.  What?  That would mean it would take OVER a montgh to get a credit for a canceled order.  How can they support such a process to customers???

My plan:  turn this over to my Bank and find products elsewhere from a company that seems to care about customers!

Thanks for listening.  I promise that every word in this is accurate, but I did leave out the two earlier calls checking on the credit status and I was told the credit should hit by next Tuesday - twice!
I'd called Chase and their policy was to wait 14 days before you could file a claim.  I finally got a hold of someone at X10 during that period and I received my credit on the 14th day.  The interesting thing is a representative told me they run credits once/week not once every two as they told you.  Between that experience and the constant tweaking of the security equipment (that could prove never ending) it is the one and only mistake (I guess I've been fortunate) I've ever made shopping online but rest assured, I consider it a mistake!

dlnosky

« Reply #10 on: October 21, 2011, 07:29:28 AM »

My experience has BEEN HORRIBLE. I purchased an item on 8/17 which they quickly charged my account for, the products arrived quickly, didn't work as displayed, and I sent them back as per their instructions. The products arrived back to them on 8/31. On October 7th I called to question why my account had not been credited. The response was the oddest I have ever heard...

"Yes, you are in our priority list of accounts to satisfy. Although we can't give you a date please know that you are a priority and we will get back to you soon with a date of when this might be resolved." The person promised to get their manager involved and I would hear back. It is now 2 weeks later, no word back and no credit to my account.

I have now emailed them all of the details and am waiting a response. It makes me wonder about the experience of customers who aren't as diligent in seeking refunds. 

dave w

• Community Organizer
« Reply #11 on: October 21, 2011, 09:51:59 AM »

"Yes, you are in our priority list of accounts to satisfy. Although we can't give you a date please know that you are a priority and we will get back to you soon with a date of when this might be resolved."

Well, it isn't hard to read between the lines of this response. Sadly it ain't lookin good for X10.

Knightrider

• Community Organizer
  • Helpful Post Rating: 62
  • I love my WM100!
    • This Automated House
« Reply #12 on: October 21, 2011, 07:49:33 PM »

it isn't hard to read between the lines of this response. Sadly it ain't lookin good for X10.

My thoughts exactly.  At least the company was honest with this customer.  I've been trying to hide from the idea that the rumors could be true.  Truth hurts some times.  I wonder how X10 will survive this hit.
Remote control is cool,

but automation rules!

dave w

• Community Organizer
« Reply #13 on: October 21, 2011, 08:24:58 PM »

My thoughts exactly.  At least the company was honest with this customer.  I've been trying to hide from the idea that the rumors could be true.  Truth hurts some times.  I wonder how X10 will survive this hit.
Unless I see some indication that X10 is manufacturing again, I think this will be a slow painful death. I just don't see Airpads and Intercoms as lifesavers. Pretty sad, especially after re-reading some of Dave Rye's accounts and history of the company and how "project X10" became X10. But what goes up will come down.

I am painfully aware of the glory days of Motorola, which *was* a great company with a proud history of superb military, public safety, and business radio  communications systems. The company invented the cell phone, the walkie talkie, the "Handie Talkie", paging, the cell phone. They invented/developed the Six Sigma quality program, won the first Malcom Baldridge award, developed the Iridium satellite phone system, the radio squelch system, digital narrow band encryption, and on, and on, and on. And now the company is  an anemic shadow of what it  once was, and will probably be nothing but a memory in five years. If it can happen to them, it can happen to X10.    :'(

I think I just went down another rabbit trail and probably drug this thread with me.  Sorry.
« Last Edit: October 21, 2011, 08:26:30 PM by dave w »

X10.com | About X10 | X10 Security Systems | Cameras| Package Deals
© Copyright 2014-2016 X10.com All rights reserved.