Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Author Topic: Using Multiple Consoles  (Read 3613 times)

lviper

• PI Expert
  • Helpful Post Rating: 10
Using Multiple Consoles
« on: June 14, 2011, 10:55:48 AM »

I currently have a DS7000. The console is near the center of the house and works fine. We have it set to ding-dong when a door is opened. We really like this feature. However, now that the hot weather is here and we run our air conditioners, we have a hard time hearing the ding-dong throughout the house. We don't have central air, just window units. So the rooms running the a/c are closed off.

I was thinking, would this be possible? Could I get more consoles and only program the door sensors? I wouldn't use it for an alarm. I only want it for the ding-dong.

I thought about making some door chimes sound off when the door is opened, but I use the door chimes for the motion sensor on the front porch to alert us if someone is on the porch. And if I set the chimes to sound when a door is opened, that could get confusing. So that's why I thought about the alarm consoles and using them only for the ding-dong sound.

Unless of course there was another chime with a different sound.

Thoughts? Ideas?

HA Dave

• Helpful Post Rating: 175
Re: Using Multiple Consoles
« Reply #1 on: June 14, 2011, 10:08:51 PM »

Yes, you could use two monitors. Or if you have an old baby monitor in the garage or basement... that would work now.. and for nothing. If you don't have a baby monitor laying around they sell at garage sales for about two bucks.
Home Automation is an always changing technology

lviper

• PI Expert
  • Helpful Post Rating: 10
Re: Using Multiple Consoles
« Reply #2 on: June 15, 2011, 04:47:26 PM »

Yes, you could use two monitors. Or if you have an old baby monitor in the garage or basement... that would work now.. and for nothing. If you don't have a baby monitor laying around they sell at garage sales for about two bucks.

Hot Damn! I didn't even think about the baby monitor trick. I could actually put a transmitter by the console and get several receivers to go around the house. Thanks a bunch. Guess it's yard sale time this weekend.

X10.com | About X10 | X10 Security Systems | Cameras| Package Deals
© Copyright 2014-2016 X10.com All rights reserved.