Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Author Topic: Vanguard won't switch pictures and only shows one camera for all picture windows  (Read 6029 times)

martypdji

• Helpful Post Rating: 0

Hi, I got a 3 cam black and white wireless camera system also with a 4th color camera, and vanguard doesn't show all the pictures.  For simplicity, I'll just use 2 cameras, the color set as A1 and the black and white set as A2, and my wireless receiver set as A.  The black and white shows up as A1 even though it's set as A2.  When I plug my color cam in (A1) Picture 1 in vanguard shows a black and white picture in it (which is cam A2) but says it is A1.  Picture 2 in vanguard also shows the same black and white picture in it (cam A2) and says it's camera A2 (which it is, but it's the same picture that shows in A1, which it isn't).  The only way I can get the color picture to show up is if I unplug the black and white camera.

The same thing happens if I remove the color camera from the system and just use 3 black and white cameras, 3 pictures show up but they are all the same picture from the same camera, and only one shows movement at a time unless I click on another window in vanguard, then that window shows movement, but it's the same picture/camera as the first window in vanguard.  Why is this happening?

Brian H

• Community Organizer
  • Helpful Post Rating: 305

You may find some tips here.
http://kbase.x10.com/wiki/Vanguard_Internet_Control_Center

Basically only one camera can be on at a time or they interferer with each other.
They are controlled by the addressable power supplies for the cameras.
Same House Code for all of them and in a Group of four Unit Codes. 1-4,5-8,9-12 and 13-16. Turn one On the others in the group should turn off.
If the software is sending the sequential On signals to your group of four. It is possible the power line signals are not reaching the cameras power supplies.
What transceiver is in your kit? Probably a TM751 but it is best to verify what you have. Also what interface was in the kit?

X10.com | About X10 | X10 Security Systems | Cameras| Package Deals
© Copyright 2014-2016 X10.com All rights reserved.