Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Author Topic: 3rd party software for pan/tilt base  (Read 7557 times)

adamsdaddy

• Helpful Post Rating: 2
3rd party software for pan/tilt base
« on: July 14, 2011, 03:40:20 PM »

I'm stepping into a new area for me.  I just got my zc15a pan/tilt base today in the mail.  Now I use x10 commander with my android phone to control my lights and such from my home (since AHP occasionally locks up and x10 commander runs smoothly.)  I use IP cam viewer light to view my IP camera on my phone (free program in the android market).  I even took 2 va11a adapters someone gave me and hooked it up to webcamxp.  I can successfully see 2 RCA type cameras using the va11a's through webcamxp which I can see online or use the IP cam viewer program to dial in the cameras separately. (IP cam viewer light has webcamxp as a camera model so it works great!)  I only use AHP for macros and timers and with the cm15a very little actually stops working when AHP breaks.

Now I am looking to control my pan/tilt base on my android phone without actually hooking it up to AHP if possible.  I talked with the people at x10.  They said I need to upgrade to the va12a to make their mobile program work. I don't like that only 1 camera can be on at a time with x10 so I will be getting wired x10 cameras or mounting non x10 cameras.  I would love to be able to turn on my IP cam program and control the pan/tilt base.

So I am looking for a program that will do something like this.  I don't mind thinking outside the box.  I've read posts about controlling x10 devices with txt. I'm not familiar with IWatchOut or IWatchMobile.  I don't have this add on yet.  If it works I could make a macro to move the camera then assign it a house/unit code to use with x10 commander.

Though I've been using x10 and AHP for close to a year now I still consider myself a newbie with much of this stuff.  I've listened to all of your comments and suggestions and built my system to work around all the problems you guys post.  My system works great with many redundancies in case something crashes.  I'm hoping I can do this with the new pan/tilt base. 

Your suggestions have really helped in the past so I'm hoping you will come through for me once again.  Thanks in advance.

HA Dave

• Helpful Post Rating: 175
Re: 3rd party software for pan/tilt base
« Reply #1 on: July 14, 2011, 04:53:30 PM »

Not sure if this will be helpful to you or not. I can control my (pan and tilt) ninja base using BVC (Bill's Voice Commander). You can see a demo here at YouTube:  http://www.youtube.com/suitmanIM#p/u/12/Gknj0cJkerA

You can DL and test/play with BVC at Bill's Web Site:  http://www.wgjohns.com/bvc.htm
Home Automation is an always changing technology

adamsdaddy

• Helpful Post Rating: 2
« Reply #2 on: July 14, 2011, 05:23:14 PM »

thanks for the suggestion.  I am hoping to find a program that will work with an android phone.  I have x10 commander for general on/off of my x10 stuff, IP Cam viewer which works with webcamxp with my static x10 wireless camera (using va11a thru webcamxp).  Now I'm looking to control my pan/tilt base without using AHP from my phone.  Good suggestion though and I thank you for your input. 

I wouldn't mind using IWatchOut if anyone can fill me in on how it works.  (I know this should be in another forum) If I can program macros to control my camera then I could use x10 commander to move the base.  I've never used the add-on so I don't know if this will work. 

With that in mind, does anyone know how to program a macro to move a pan/tilt base using only normal codes?  Do I NEED IWatchOut installed to send the specific codes needed to make it work.  Is there a 3rd party program that can also move the base?

thank you, thank you, thank you.

HA Dave

• Helpful Post Rating: 175
« Reply #3 on: July 14, 2011, 08:26:20 PM »

....... does anyone know how to program a macro to move a pan/tilt base using only normal codes? 

That's what I thought you might want to try to use the BVC to do. It's true [of course] the BVC program allows Voice Commands... but it does a lot more.... including camera/ninja/sentinel commands.

BVC has a function called a "listen" that listens to the PLC generated to or by the CM15A. This might allow you to program a  command in BVC for a normal light, On or Off command (send by you using your X10 Commander software) to be heard by BVC and changed to preset ninja positions. Then BVC could send the Ninja RF signals using the CM15A that it is connected to. And it would do all this... without switching to the AHP software.

BVC does so much really cool stuff. I always thought Bill should introduce a BVC-lite... a voice command program... with NO Voice Command.
« Last Edit: July 14, 2011, 08:36:56 PM by Dave_x10_L »
Home Automation is an always changing technology

dbemowsk

• Helpful Post Rating: 21
    • PHP Web Scripting
« Reply #4 on: July 15, 2011, 08:44:09 AM »

(since AHP occasionally locks up and x10 commander runs smoothly.)
What version of Windows and AHP are you running that it locks up?  I have had AHP 3.228 (recently switched to 3.316) running on an XP box 24/7 for quite some time and it doesn't lock up on me at all.  Also, are you using a CM15A or some other controller?  And what other hardware do you have connected to this machine?
Dan Bemowski
Owner of PHP Web Scripting LLC
Programmer of RemoteWatch X10
User of any X10 products I can get my hands on.

X10.com | About X10 | X10 Security Systems | Cameras| Package Deals
© Copyright 2014-2016 X10.com All rights reserved.