Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Author Topic: Problem with IMX10 (eq. of TWM4)  (Read 4446 times)

Tomitom

• Helpful Post Rating: 0
Problem with IMX10 (eq. of TWM4)
« on: August 01, 2011, 10:30:33 AM »

Hi guys,

I'm a bit new to x10 world and completly lost !

So here is my setup and what i want to acheive :

- I have a wall light in which i have integrated a LW12 module, I have forgoten the switch part of it as the wall light doesn't have one, schema is basicaly in line : Neutral --> Lamp --> LW12 --> Live
This has been setup with adress C1.
When controling it from ActiveHome Pro with a CM15 I have no problem turning it on or off or dim, so far so good :)

- I have in the other part of the same room the place where i want to have my switch for this first light (and a second coming later on in the corridor exiting this room put it's not my concern right now :)), the wall cable coming here are 1 Neutral and 1 Live cables, that's it.
So i have bought a IMX10 with 4 programmable address :
   - one to command the existing LW12
   - one for the future light in the corridor
   - 2 will never be used and stay insulated behind the switch.
I have also bought a double retractive switch (I guess it's how it is called : twice a button that needs to be pushed at the same place either to switch on or off and that come back to it's place when released).
Wall's Neutral and Live are plugged to the IMX10.
IMX10's cable (neutral and first adress) is plugged to the first button of the switch.
IMX10's first adress has been configured to C1 to be aligned with my LW12.
I'm not configuring options like dimming for the moment, it's not my priority.

Now i have a "strange" behavior :
- if the LW12 is on and i push my switch it's turned off : OK
- if the LW12 is off and i push my switch it's briefly turned on then off again, it stays on as long as keep pushing the button but as soon as i release it goes off again : KO.

With Activehome Pro I have looked at the commands passing on the C1 address and when i push the button briefly and release it the imx10 send "C1 ON" and "C1 OFF" just after that.

I thought that IMX10 would be able to deal with retractive switch but it seems that if I want it to work i have to put a standard "rocker" switch to have the same behavior than when i keep the button pushed ??

I guess i don't understand this part of the IMX10 documentation :

Result
• ON/OFF function available for all inputs.
• Other inputs are automatically given consecutive addresses.
Input Address Sending* Operation
Brown B03 ON/OFF Send ON* or OFF* commands
Red B04 ON/OFF Send ON* or OFF* commands
Orange B05 ON/OFF Send ON* or OFF* commands
Yellow B06 ON/OFF Send ON* or OFF* commands
* Depends on the status of the switch actuator or address to be controlled
(toggle mode).

And especialy the (*) part : what is a switch actuator, what does "toggle mode" means in this context ?

Any help would highly be appreciated,
Tom.
P.S. : sorry for my english, it is not my first language.

Brian H

• Community Organizer
  • Helpful Post Rating: 305
Re: Problem with IMX10 (eq. of TWM4)
« Reply #1 on: August 01, 2011, 12:45:43 PM »

Welcome the the forums.
I will try and find some information for you.

It sounds like your push button goes On when pushed and Opens when released. So the IMX10 is sending an On when pushed and an Off wan released. Like tying it to a standard wall switch as you suspected.

I will see if I can find a manual for the IMX10 as you maybe able to set it to use one push as an On. Then the next push as an Off. Which kind of sounds like a toggle mode. One push toggles On the Next toggles Off.

Tomitom

« Reply #2 on: August 01, 2011, 01:19:39 PM »

Thank you for helping me :)
You can find the userguide here , from "product download" : http://www.eurox10.com/Product/Micromodules/Interfaces/IMX10.htm
I haven't found a part about implicitly choosing standard or push switch, only one reference or two to this "toggle" thing.
Do you think it may come from the "receiver" LW12 that is a one way module and won't give its current status to the IMX10 ?
Maybe the IMX10 needs the current status of the receiver (that could be switch locally or via ActiveHome) to no what the command to send to change state is ?

Brian H

• Community Organizer
« Reply #3 on: August 01, 2011, 03:52:24 PM »

Do you have the single button on yours or a two button.
Sounds like you have a single button using the Brown and Blue wires.
So if you want just an On and Off from the button. Follow section 3.1
If you want On and Off with a fast tap and Bright Dim with a longer push on the button. Try the steps in 3.2.

Is AHP also going to be controlling the LW12s?
We may have to think about some of the added options so the button may follow the AHP commands.

I am hoping someone who has the modules can give more details for you. As we don't have those here and I am only going by my best thoughts. With the data from the Users Manuals.

Tomitom

« Reply #4 on: August 01, 2011, 04:45:16 PM »

Do you have the single button on yours or a two button.
Sounds like you have a single button using the Brown and Blue wires.
So if you want just an On and Off from the button. Follow section 3.1
If you want On and Off with a fast tap and Bright Dim with a longer push on the button. Try the steps in 3.2.

Is AHP also going to be controlling the LW12s?
We may have to think about some of the added options so the button may follow the AHP commands.

I am hoping someone who has the modules can give more details for you. As we don't have those here and I am only going by my best thoughts. With the data from the Users Manuals.
Yes i only have a single button with the blue for common neutral and brown for address 1 and I have followed section 3.1 for now with the explained result, didn't tried 3.2. yet but i will to see if there is any difference.

Additionnaly, AHP will indeed going to control the LW12 but not in group command (just targeted address command and this part works perfectl :))
I guess the real problem is what i put in my last post : the LW12is not responding to the IMX10 as it is only a receiver and the IMX10 doesn't know what command to send as it doesn't know the current status of theLW12, do you think it is possible?

Brian H

• Community Organizer
« Reply #5 on: August 02, 2011, 07:25:29 AM »

You may want to find someone that has hands on experience with the IMX10 and LW12 and see if they have better programming details.
Yes I think it is a programming thing for the IMX10. As the sales page indicates it should control standard X10 modules. Like the LW12.

Does the vendor you bought the items from have a support forum? They may have added information we don't have. As we do not have anything similar to those modules here and no hands on experiences with them.

Tomitom

« Reply #6 on: August 08, 2011, 08:08:17 AM »

I have resolved my problem folowing 3.2. instead of 3.1. :D

Brian H

• Community Organizer
« Reply #7 on: August 08, 2011, 09:23:26 AM »

Thank you for the update.
Glad you have it working now.

X10.com | About X10 | X10 Security Systems | Cameras| Package Deals
© Copyright 2014-2016 X10.com All rights reserved.