Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 6

Author Topic: SC1200 Pulled???  (Read 53840 times)

Brian H

• Community Organizer
  • Helpful Post Rating: 305
Re: SC1200 Pulled???
« Reply #15 on: August 22, 2011, 07:08:30 AM »

I also have enough X10 spares for the foreseeable future. Except a spare SC1200. Guess my older RS 49-1000 maybe a close enough cousin. ;)
I use many Insteon devices with an X10 address added to it and things not made in Insteon. Like the 16 button Palm Pad or Chime Modules. X10 noise filter are also in the home.

I don't think the X10 sales site will be going away. Just a radical change from pushing X10 manufactured devices.
The top of the sales page is now pushing a Westinghouse intercom system and there is a whole house audio system there also. They may end up selling other brands of stuff. More like Smarthome does.

HA Dave

• Helpful Post Rating: 175
« Reply #16 on: August 22, 2011, 11:43:58 AM »

If the CEPro story and the Homeseer Posts are correct and X10 closed the Chinese Factory.
Not only will the SC1200 be gone. Everything will be gone.

If the story is not correct. Then we wait for the "Big News" post from X10. With the feeling we where duped.
The sales site and newsletter says stay tuned for big news, but no indication on what it is.

I hate the waiting... not knowing. I really don't think a supply line failure would be unique to X10. There are many dynamics involved here. Maybe I should collect old electronics and stock up on solder. Like many of us here I might have enough parts to last... at least long enough. I don't know why I would let any of these changes bother me. But I have.
Home Automation is an always changing technology

dave w

• Community Organizer
  • Helpful Post Rating: 139
« Reply #17 on: August 22, 2011, 02:15:19 PM »

Well for those of us that have X10 up to our armpits, there is always Insteon. At least Insteon is pretty compatable with X10.
FWIW
Homeseer does X10 and Z-Wave, making a slow conversion to Z-Wave fairly seamless. Also there is always a [tiny] possibility that ACT or PCS would resurrect their old X10 protocol lines.
"This aftershave makes me look fat"

HA Dave

« Reply #18 on: August 22, 2011, 06:05:51 PM »

..... there is always Insteon. At least Insteon is pretty compatable with X10.
Homeseer does X10 and Z-Wave, making a slow conversion to Z-Wave fairly seamless.

But.... wouldn't the supply problem be the same? Isn't the problem... more like China is changing... just like Japan did back in the 70's. The nickle and dime products are no longer profitable. They need to sell us cars and higher end electronics. Are the other HA products also made in China?

X10 may be the biggest and most mass produced... and therefore first to suffer. But won't it be the same with all the different flavors of HA?
« Last Edit: August 22, 2011, 06:16:36 PM by HA Dave »

dave w

• Community Organizer
« Reply #19 on: August 22, 2011, 07:53:16 PM »

X10 may be the biggest and most mass produced... and therefore first to suffer. But won't it be the same with all the different flavors of HA?
Yes, you are probably right. I think everything is made in China now days. But I see prices going up, because of the QE crap coming out of Washington, not companies shutting down(?).

Knightrider

• Community Organizer
  • Helpful Post Rating: 62
  • I love my WM100!
    • This Automated House
« Reply #20 on: August 23, 2011, 09:50:56 PM »

Didn't the production facility once exist in Taiwan?  Malaysia?  Mexico?  Maybe just moving the production facility and revamping the line.
Yes Tiawan, but X10 moved to mainland China long before it became a business must do. Back in the 1980s I think. X10 "owned" one factory and a factory across the street was "owned" by Tandy/Radio Shark for the "Plug-N-Power" product line.

I am hoping the comment on the Homeseer forum, from someone who claimed to an employee of X10 and said the Shenzhen factory had closed, is just troll gas. However something is going on.

My Brown BSR modules definitely say "Malaysia" on them, otherwise, I couldn't spell Maylaysia.
Remote control is cool,

but automation rules!

Brian H

• Community Organizer
  • Helpful Post Rating: 305
« Reply #21 on: August 24, 2011, 06:12:38 AM »

I found in my extras box. A few model X10-HD243 Modules.
Manufactured by BSR(USA) LTD. from Malaysia.

Yes I believe most things are made in China, these days.
The Insteon modules are and so where the Intermatic Z-Wave devices until they got out of the Z-Wave market.

dave w

• Community Organizer
« Reply #22 on: August 24, 2011, 09:46:46 AM »

My Brown BSR modules definitely say "Malaysia" on them, otherwise, I couldn't spell Maylaysia.
Knight, you are correct. It was Malaysia, Hong Kong, Shenzhen China, then another location in China where they had the two factories, one X10 Powerhouse and the other for Plug-N-Power Radio Shark.  I thought the Shenzhen site was their last/current site. It is not.

tom j

• Helpful Post Rating: 16
« Reply #23 on: August 24, 2011, 10:16:56 PM »

Guys I was just thinking everyone is wondering why x10 hasn't spoken up and said if they are actually closing shop well if your sales had spiked 500% due to a false rumor what would you do.  :D  :'   ;)

Tom j.

HA Dave

« Reply #24 on: August 25, 2011, 12:23:29 AM »

I think they're hoarding the remaining stock... hoping for a price increase while they look for new suppliers. Maybe they are looking at the SmartHome Site as a model.

jediagh

• Helpful Post Rating: 10
« Reply #25 on: August 25, 2011, 02:09:29 PM »

Don't get the fourm for a few days and wow...  B:(
I do hope x10 does not go away.  I like their products.

tom j

• Helpful Post Rating: 16
« Reply #26 on: August 25, 2011, 03:25:34 PM »

Don't get the fourm for a few days and wow...  B:(
I do hope x10 does not go away.  I like their products.

Me too! the company actually has tremendous potential and fills a niche that no one else does, I really believe it has Fortune 500 potential.

Tom j.

dave w

• Community Organizer
« Reply #27 on: August 25, 2011, 05:11:17 PM »

I really believe it has Fortune 500 potential.
I love optimism like this.

ratchet

• Helpful Post Rating: 1
« Reply #28 on: September 12, 2011, 03:03:50 PM »

Yikes!  Had not been over to the forum since my post of 8/18.  I had noticed in July if you searched their site for the 1200 it took a lot of work to find a way to order one.  In fact I had been thinking about starting a thread with,  "Are they hiding the 1200?", so I believe this had been in the works for a while!

msauto

• Helpful Post Rating: 0
  • The man with the plan and his hat in his hand.
    • MNS AUTO REPAIR
« Reply #29 on: September 12, 2011, 07:57:23 PM »

Well if they are indeed closing up here is some info that i recently found.
Any of you guy and gals that have a local radio shack especially an independent distributor should give them a look see.
Seems radio shack sold x10 products a long time ago
They don't say x10 they say radio shack but are identical products and work exactly the same
I happened to find some x10/radio shack "plug'n power  lamp modules at my local independent,the packages were yellow and obliviously very old but were only 8 bucks a piece I bought all they had told them to let me know if they had or found any others.
According to my local the independents can't send the stuff back if it doesn't sell so there may be a lot out there to be had if we just ask. :)% >!
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 6

X10.com | About X10 | X10 Security Systems | Cameras| Package Deals
© Copyright 2014-2016 X10.com All rights reserved.