Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Author Topic: unexpected items in activity monitor, could someone tell me why they are there?  (Read 2278 times)

wyx2000

• Helpful Post Rating: 1

Devices in basement are set to house code B, there is macro that turn on B3 for 10 minutes if B2 the sensor senses movement. the question is why B set on/off, I think B will be triggered by B1 only?  anyone can help to explain?

thanks
« Last Edit: August 23, 2011, 12:04:53 AM by wyx2000 »

Brian H

• Community Organizer
  • Helpful Post Rating: 305

I am not a Macro expert. So we will allow them to troubleshoot it.

What motion sensor are you using?
Most have a Dusk Dawn Sensor in them also. It is set to the next highest address from the motion sensing address.

In your setup. Motion Sensor set to B2. Will have a Dusk Dawn Sensor address of B3. Your cat fan modules address.
It is possible evertime it thinks it is Dusk the fan will turn On from a direct command and Off from a direct command when it thinks it is Dawn.

The motion sensor automatically sends an Off after it see no motion and times out. It may also keep periodically sending On commands as motion continues to be sensed.
« Last Edit: August 23, 2011, 06:59:23 AM by Brian H »

Brian H

• Community Organizer
  • Helpful Post Rating: 305

It is also possible both the CM15A and the TM751 are both receiving the B2 Motion Sensor RF commands and showing up in the Activity Monitor.
Even if B is set to not be transceived in the CM15A. It will still process the B2 command from the motion sensor. Just not resend the command back on the power lines.

X10.com | About X10 | X10 Security Systems | Cameras| Package Deals
© Copyright 2014-2016 X10.com All rights reserved.