Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Pages: [1] 2

Author Topic: Best tablet on the market  (Read 28916 times)

YB

• Helpful Post Rating: 3
  • Coders Are The Only True Evils In This World...
    • X10 WTI
Best tablet on the market
« on: August 24, 2011, 03:55:16 PM »

I want to start out by saying that I absolutely love this tablet. I have used a lot of devices in my time, and this is by far one of the best. It is solid, feels rugged, stable, and not to mention it is affordable. I know it is a bold statement, but the best comparison I can give is the Xoom tablet (and that thing has a pretty bold price tag). I have been playing with this one non-stop for the past two weeks and I have had nothing close to a problem. I can't wait to hear others opinions on it.
« Last Edit: August 24, 2011, 07:41:54 PM by YB »
Michael Youngblood
Web Designer

q711179

• Helpful Post Rating: 2
Re: Best tablet on the market
« Reply #1 on: September 02, 2011, 04:25:41 AM »

Finally found a link of someone who received an airpad, here is the link
http://www.uisgeek.com/2011/09/01/geek-review-x10s-airpad-7/

Of interest, he mentions that he has no buyer's remorse, was impressed with the screen display and system speed, but did express concern about the battery.

Here is the link of the unboxing
http://www.uisgeek.com/2011/09/01/x10-airpad-7-android-tablet-the-unboxing/

Dr.Fiero

• Helpful Post Rating: 7
« Reply #2 on: September 02, 2011, 08:49:10 AM »

Looks great for the price.  Too bad they're all sold out, and they won't ship to Canada.   :'

So I kept looking, and found the new Lenovo IdeaPad A1. Also $199 for the 8gb, and $249 for the 16gb. And it has built in GPS!
http://www.engadget.com/2011/09/01/lenovo-announces-ideapad-a1-the-199-android-tablet-we-go-hand/

q711179

« Reply #3 on: September 02, 2011, 04:28:26 PM »

The $199 Lenova 4G doesn't ship to the U.S. but the 8G for $249 looks promising, though might as well wait for Amazon's option in another month.

YB

• Helpful Post Rating: 3
  • Coders Are The Only True Evils In This World...
    • X10 WTI
« Reply #4 on: September 06, 2011, 02:37:05 PM »

Looks great for the price.  Too bad they're all sold out, and they won't ship to Canada.   :'

So I kept looking, and found the new Lenovo IdeaPad A1. Also $199 for the 8gb, and $249 for the 16gb. And it has built in GPS!
http://www.engadget.com/2011/09/01/lenovo-announces-ideapad-a1-the-199-android-tablet-we-go-hand/

It isn't that we won't ship to Canada, it is that we have to wait to ship to Canada.
Michael Youngblood
Web Designer

q711179

« Reply #5 on: September 09, 2011, 11:59:24 PM »

Cb49

• Helpful Post Rating: 1
« Reply #6 on: September 10, 2011, 10:46:17 PM »

Can't say I agree with you. I have only had my air pad for two days and already the AC power adaptor does not charge my air pad. So now I have a very dead battery that lasted less than 6 hours. Goes to provevyou get what you pay for.  B:(

Tesla

• Helpful Post Rating: 4
« Reply #7 on: September 10, 2011, 10:57:03 PM »

Can't say I agree with you. I have only had my air pad for two days and already the AC power adaptor does not charge my air pad. So now I have a very dead battery that lasted less than 6 hours. Goes to provevyou get what you pay for.  B:(

Can you carefully test the AC Adapter and see if it is outputting any voltage? Man, that hole sure is small ... maybe a needle will slide in there to allow access to the internal plug contacts?

Cb49

« Reply #8 on: September 11, 2011, 02:53:16 PM »

How does one check to see if ac adapter is putting out voltage. The manual states it can be charged using USB connected to another computer but that doesn't work either. I dread having to work with out of country service. Any sugguestions.. B:(

Brian H

• Community Organizer
  • Helpful Post Rating: 305
« Reply #9 on: September 11, 2011, 02:59:43 PM »

The sales page indicates. 30 day returns and 90 days exchange.
If it is busted. You should be entitled to a 30 day return if not happy or a 90 day exchange for the busted one.

Tesla

« Reply #10 on: September 11, 2011, 04:01:25 PM »

How does one check to see if ac adapter is putting out voltage. The manual states it can be charged using USB connected to another computer but that doesn't work either. I dread having to work with out of country service. Any sugguestions.. B:(

http://www.youtube.com/results?search_query=hot+to+use+voltmeter&aq=f

... maybe a needle will slide in there to allow access to the internal plug contacts? Be care not to let anything touch and short out though.

Also, try to get a good clean full reboot on the AirPad. If it's unstable, it might not charge.

A bad AC Adapter is quite a bit different than a bad AirPad.

Cb49

« Reply #11 on: September 11, 2011, 10:02:39 PM »

Thanks for the tip on the needle but I think I'll pass with the threat of shorting it out. I've rebooted several times with no luck. The manual says it will charge via USB connection to computer. I've tried with my Mac but that hasn't worked. Do you think it is supposed to charge via USB or is the manual incorrect?

Tesla

« Reply #12 on: September 11, 2011, 10:55:08 PM »

Thanks for the tip on the needle but I think I'll pass with the threat of shorting it out. I've rebooted several times with no luck. The manual says it will charge via USB connection to computer. I've tried with my Mac but that hasn't worked. Do you think it is supposed to charge via USB or is the manual incorrect?

Maybe you have a friend that knows how to use a voltmeter. It's really no big deal if you know what you are doing.

I finally got around to connecting the mini-USB to PC interface cable... (I have just been using FTP up till now).

It makes the little red light come on, so it does appear to be charging it. However, only when it's sleeping. Also, the current is so low that it doesn't seem to be enough to charge the battery above where it currently is ... rather, just provides enough power to keep the battery from draining any further while in sleep mode.

This is the mini-usb port I using. I think the other full-sized USB port is only for flash drives and peripherals.

Cb49

« Reply #13 on: September 11, 2011, 11:07:59 PM »

Thanks for you help. I fear I will be returning for exchange and having an unknown replacement date to receive new air pad. Well I do have my iPad to keep me going. It's just so darn heavy and no flash....

imbigbear69

• Helpful Post Rating: 0
« Reply #14 on: September 14, 2011, 12:20:20 PM »

I would love to review it IF THEY EVER SEND IT TO ME. They don't reply to emails, and Hours of waiting on the Phone. Their Service has gone down. I remember when you could reach someone 24/7 and had a very short wait. Friday I finally reached someone and was told the item was out of stock, but it was available when I ordered it. Then it would be available Monday as they had received a new shipment. They would email me when they send it. After an our waiting for someone to answer the phone listening to boring music I gave up. I found another site had a newer model with case, KB, Extra SD Card and more for $162.00 It is on it's way right now.

Often I use Froogle Search for X-10 Products and find them cheaper than at X-10.
Pages: [1] 2

X10.com | About X10 | X10 Security Systems | Cameras| Package Deals
© Copyright 2014-2016 X10.com All rights reserved.