Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Author Topic: Screen protectors and cases  (Read 16574 times)

sollord

• Helpful Post Rating: 0
Screen protectors and cases
« on: September 04, 2011, 04:53:18 PM »

Does anyone know if there are plans for a custom fit screen protector preferably made from a hard 3 layer pet and/or a case of some sort? I know from bad luck my nook and galaxy tab the larger the screen the more likely it is to get a scratch.

imbigbear69

Re: Screen protectors and cases
« Reply #1 on: September 14, 2011, 12:43:17 PM »

After waiting for more than a week I ordered one that Comes with a Case, Car and AC Adapter, a Keyboard, SD Card and more for $162.00 shipped free USPS, just a 7 -10 day wait.

q711179

• Helpful Post Rating: 2
« Reply #2 on: September 14, 2011, 09:19:56 PM »

Does anyone know if there are plans for a custom fit screen protector preferably made from a hard 3 layer pet and/or a case of some sort? I know from bad luck my nook and galaxy tab the larger the screen the more likely it is to get a scratch.

I checked to see if the airpad would fit in a nook case; no go on that.

krononaut

« Reply #3 on: September 18, 2011, 03:18:31 AM »

Amazon has some very nice cases for under $25. Some have built in mini keyboards.

fuzzynco

« Reply #4 on: September 19, 2011, 03:44:09 PM »

Would  this work?

http://www.amazon.com/HDE-Tablet-Stand-USB-Keyboard/dp/B004MBRJ8E/ref=cm_cr_pr_product_top

HDE 7" Tablet Stand with USB Keyboard - Black Faux Leather Carrying Case
    by HDE

Leather Carrying Case comes equipped with full working keyboard, a stylus, pockets to hold up to 2 styluses, USB cable, and an extendable stand
    Connects to your 7" tablet via USB 2.0
    Durable leather construction with secure magnetic closure
    Real laptop style keys
    Product Dimensions: 9.0 x 5.75 x 1.0 inches. Recommended for use with 7" tablet dimensions up to: 8.75 x 5.5 x 0.75 inches

YB

• Helpful Post Rating: 3
  • Coders Are The Only True Evils In This World...
    • X10 WTI
« Reply #5 on: September 19, 2011, 05:27:14 PM »

Would  this work?

http://www.amazon.com/HDE-Tablet-Stand-USB-Keyboard/dp/B004MBRJ8E/ref=cm_cr_pr_product_top

by HDE

Leather Carrying Case comes equipped with full working keyboard, a stylus, pockets to hold up to 2 styluses, USB cable, and an extendable stand
    Real laptop style keys
    Product Dimensions: 9.0 x 5.75 x 1.0 inches. Recommended for use with 7" tablet dimensions up to: 8.75 x 5.5 x 0.75 inches

while i cannot confirm the hardware will work as i don't have one to test, the AirPad will definitely fit in it.
Michael Youngblood
Web Designer

J.B.

• Helpful Post Rating: 16
« Reply #6 on: September 19, 2011, 07:14:54 PM »

Would  this work?

I happen to have this exact case and it works quite well with the AirPad.
The keyboard works well, too.

fuzzynco

« Reply #7 on: September 19, 2011, 11:13:28 PM »

ntx10

« Reply #8 on: October 03, 2011, 06:37:06 PM »

Went to Walmart this weekend and tried out the Nook and Kindle 3/Kobo cases from mEdge.  They fit nicely on the Airpad, albeit a tight fit.   I just ordered the Kindle 3 Acase from Amazon.  I'll post how it fits as soon as I receive it.

joeschell

« Reply #9 on: October 13, 2011, 07:57:21 PM »

I found this case at Fry's Electronics for $29.99 which looks very much like the one in the Amazon link. I only have one concern and that the Airpad seems to get real warm when in the case. I have debated to cut a ventilation hole in the right hand middle back of the case to let the metal backside of the Airpad breathe where it is hot to the touch on occasion.
http://www.frys.com/product/6660654?site=sr:SEARCH:MAIN_RSLT_PG

ntx10

« Reply #10 on: October 18, 2011, 02:21:44 PM »

The aCase is little short for the airpad.  the lables for the ports show. Other than that great fit.  Several of the other Kindle 3, keyboard model, fit quite nicely.

deholla

« Reply #11 on: October 30, 2011, 04:38:41 PM »

Would  this work?

by HDE

Real laptop style keys

[/color]

I got this exact case.  The keyboard works great.  There are 3 holding-retainer tongs made of metal and covered with vinyl fabric. Two tongs on the bottom and one on top are intended to secure the AP.  The retainer tong at the top is not shown in the photo since it is positioned behind the closing clasp (which by the way uses a magnet). The AP fits too loosely for practical use, as the holding tongs are spaced about 1/5 inch farther than needed to securely hold the AP from the top to the bottom.  Because of the extra space, I thought about fabricating a holder of 4-AA batteries in series for an auxiliary power cradle.  The case appears sewn together but the panels are actually glued around the edges. I lifted the area at the top then removed the retainer tong, and repositioned it by by cutting a new slot in the plastic leather where it needed to be for a tight fit.  Finished up with contact cement.  It's holding well. 

X10.com | About X10 | X10 Security Systems | Cameras| Package Deals
© Copyright 2014-2016 X10.com All rights reserved.