Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Author Topic: Hard Reset from external buttons  (Read 8245 times)

Tesla

• Helpful Post Rating: 4
Hard Reset from external buttons
« on: September 11, 2011, 05:07:02 PM »

Since the manual text and markings on the AirPad both describe a Reset button but the Reset/Mic hole on the AirPad is obviously just a Mic, the question is ...

What is the key sequence (using the external buttons) to hard reset the AirPad from a locked up and/or crashed condition?

Edit: I had one crash where holding down the On/Off button for a minute (several times in a row) didn't do anything (so that's not the answer). Not sure what I ended up doing to get it rebooted and working again.
« Last Edit: September 11, 2011, 06:38:29 PM by Tesla »

X10 Dev

• Helpful Post Rating: 19
Re: Hard Reset from external buttons
« Reply #1 on: September 12, 2011, 12:27:09 AM »

Since the manual text and markings on the AirPad both describe a Reset button but the Reset/Mic hole on the AirPad is obviously just a Mic, the question is ...

There is a hard reset button in the Mic hole.  Use a mechanical pencil or paperclip to toggle the button.

Tesla

« Reply #2 on: September 12, 2011, 12:40:55 AM »

There is a hard reset button in the Mic hole.  Use a mechanical pencil or paperclip to toggle the button.

Are you sure? There is something in there, but if it's the mic or the circuit board ... well, pressing any harder will be bad. Where is the mic exactly in relationship to the hole?

X10 Dev

« Reply #3 on: September 12, 2011, 01:16:16 AM »

Are you sure? There is something in there, but if it's the mic or the circuit board ... well, pressing any harder will be bad. Where is the mic exactly in relationship to the hole?

Positive.  Use a paperclip and press and you'll feel the button click.  Then the system will hard reset.

I don't remember the exact mic location -- I'll have someone check this.  Oddly enough, I never worried about it.  Hmm, a reset hole, must be a button, click...

Tesla

« Reply #4 on: September 12, 2011, 03:38:42 PM »

Positive.  Use a paperclip and press and you'll feel the button click.  Then the system will hard reset.

I don't remember the exact mic location -- I'll have someone check this.  Oddly enough, I never worried about it.  Hmm, a reset hole, must be a button, click...

OK, I got it ... with the display facing you, you have to angle the top of the paper clip back slightly before pressing down. It only requires slight pressure to activate the switch. You will feel and hear it click (similar to the others).

If you insert the paperclip exactly perpendicular, you are instead pressing up against the base of the switch or the motherboard ...

Maybe, that is the Mic soldered to the board to the left of the reset switch (zoom in)

http://www.aliendev.com/wp-content/uploads/2011/09/IMG_20110901_105242.jpg

X10 Dev

« Reply #5 on: September 13, 2011, 01:02:49 AM »

If you insert the paperclip exactly perpendicular, you are instead pressing up against the base of the switch or the motherboard ...

Maybe, that is the Mic soldered to the board to the left of the reset switch (zoom in)

http://www.aliendev.com/wp-content/uploads/2011/09/IMG_20110901_105242.jpg

You got it. 

X10.com | About X10 | X10 Security Systems | Cameras| Package Deals
© Copyright 2014-2016 X10.com All rights reserved.