Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Author Topic: Changing Timers for 1 time events  (Read 2101 times)

vjmvjm

• Helpful Post Rating: 0
Changing Timers for 1 time events
« on: September 22, 2011, 01:23:44 PM »

I'm running Active Home Pro 3.313 with timers to control a number of simple X10 devices.  The timers are currently set to run the same pattern 365 days per year.  What is the easiest way to set up a different timer pattern for one day of the year?  Simply duplicate timers with different dates?

Thanks.

Noam

• Community Organizer
  • Helpful Post Rating: 51
Re: Changing Timers for 1 time events
« Reply #1 on: September 22, 2011, 09:32:00 PM »

I'm running Active Home Pro 3.313 with timers to control a number of simple X10 devices.  The timers are currently set to run the same pattern 365 days per year.  What is the easiest way to set up a different timer pattern for one day of the year?  Simply duplicate timers with different dates?

Thanks.
First of all, the newest version is 3.316. You can get it here:
http://www.x10.com/support/support_soft1.htm

There are a few ways to change it. If you just want to add additional timers for that one day, just add them, and use the date selector in the timer setup to limit it to the dates you want.
If you want to replace existing timers, then you can either set them up with the date ranges (which means you need two timers for each existing one), or you can set up a separate AHX file, put your special timers in there, and load that one  when you want to change the programming.
The other way to do it is to replace the timers with times macros, and use a condition to toggle the timer on or off. Use either a flag, or module status (on the monitored house code), set with another date-based timer, to activate the condition.

Knightrider

• Community Organizer
  • Helpful Post Rating: 62
  • I love my WM100!
    • This Automated House
Re: Changing Timers for 1 time events
« Reply #2 on: September 22, 2011, 10:25:19 PM »

Also, consider running the advanced timer interface, as opposed to the the simple version.
Remote control is cool,

but automation rules!

X10.com | About X10 | X10 Security Systems | Cameras| Package Deals
© Copyright 2014-2016 X10.com All rights reserved.