Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Author Topic: Home Page Icons  (Read 7175 times)

imbigbear69

• Helpful Post Rating: 0
Home Page Icons
« on: September 25, 2011, 02:42:15 AM »

What are the 2 Icons between the WiFi and Battery. One has a pair of what look like arrows pointing L&R and the other a number of bars like on a Cell Phone. Clicking on them does nothing.

everydayflyer

• Helpful Post Rating: 5
Re: Home Page Icons
« Reply #1 on: September 28, 2011, 03:30:57 PM »

Page #6 of manual shows the vertical bars as being for G3. There are no arrows in that area on mine. This most likely depends on what apps are installed and running.

DemDave

• Helpful Post Rating: 1
« Reply #2 on: September 28, 2011, 03:45:35 PM »

I think the arrows are indicators for an ethernet connection. When I went to settings and disabled ethernet, the bars disappeared. Not sure why that's enabled by default since there's no ethernet port built in.

imbigbear69

« Reply #3 on: September 28, 2011, 05:26:56 PM »

I believe you are right. I have purchased a pair of USB to Ethernet adapters, but the Airpad does not recognize them. They do work with Computers that have no ETH connection. May need a software update for the Airpad to work.

YB

• Helpful Post Rating: 3
  • Coders Are The Only True Evils In This World...
    • X10 WTI
« Reply #4 on: September 28, 2011, 07:43:58 PM »

I believe you are right. I have purchased a pair of USB to Ethernet adapters, but the Airpad does not recognize them. They do work with Computers that have no ETH connection. May need a software update for the Airpad to work.

This would be a cool idea. Feel free to send me a link of the adapters you ordered, and we might be able to get them to work on one of the updates. Do note, this isn't very high on our priority list as the device does have wifi. It would be cool to have though, so I might do something on my spare time. We are trying to get all kinds of devices to work via USB. Keep the info coming!!!

>!
Michael Youngblood
Web Designer

imbigbear69

« Reply #5 on: September 29, 2011, 11:55:24 AM »

it is a USB RJ45 Extension adapter. It comes with 2 ETH to USB 1M/1F. It's primary use is for extending up to 150 ft. any devices using USB through CAT5/6 Cables. Item Code is USB-RJXT. it cost less than $10.00. It does not specifically say to conect a PC to a Router/Switch.

Tuicemen

• Administrator
  • Helpful Post Rating: 282
  • I don't work for X10, I use it successfuly!
Please Read Topic:
General Forum Etiquette
Before you post!

imbigbear69

« Reply #7 on: September 29, 2011, 12:44:28 PM »

Yes, That is the item.

YB

• Helpful Post Rating: 3
  • Coders Are The Only True Evils In This World...
    • X10 WTI
« Reply #8 on: September 29, 2011, 02:42:27 PM »

Thank you :) those look fun.
Michael Youngblood
Web Designer

Noam

• Community Organizer
  • Helpful Post Rating: 51
« Reply #9 on: October 01, 2011, 09:15:26 PM »

Those are not USB ethernet adapters.
That is a set of adapters that are designed to allow you to extend a USB connection using CAT5/6 cables. They will not work through an existing set of routers or hubs, and they will not give you a wired ethernet connection via a USB port.

I have a lot of experience with those types of extenders. I had a horrible time trying to get one (I tried at least three different models from three different companies) to work to extend my CM15A's usb coneection. I got horrible interference on it, which would drop the connection for an instant. That would cause the CM15A to lock up. YB can ask Kevin and Erik about that. I spent a lot of time working through the issues with them over the course of a few months, and we finally concluded the problem was the extenders. They are simply not designed for devices that need a constant high-reliability connection.

In any case, they are not what you think they are, and they cannot be used to connect your AirPad to your wired network.

Tesla

• Helpful Post Rating: 4
« Reply #10 on: October 01, 2011, 09:47:49 PM »

Those are not USB ethernet adapters.
That is a set of adapters that are designed to allow you to extend a USB connection using CAT5/6 cables. They will not work through an existing set of routers or hubs, and they will not give you a wired ethernet connection via a USB port.

In any case, they are not what you think they are, and they cannot be used to connect your AirPad to your wired network.

Agreed. I think something like this would be more helpful:

http://www.amazon.com/TRENDnet-USB-100Mbps-Adapter-TU2-ET100/dp/B00007IFED/ref=sr_1_2?ie=UTF8&qid=1317519827&sr=8-2

X10.com | About X10 | X10 Security Systems | Cameras| Package Deals
© Copyright 2014-2016 X10.com All rights reserved.