Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Pages: [1] 2

Author Topic: Air Pad Customer Service.  (Read 13514 times)

RoccoPacco

• Helpful Post Rating: 0
Air Pad Customer Service.
« on: September 27, 2011, 09:43:41 AM »

I originally posted this question in the "General Discussion" forum, but received a response which suggested that I post in the Airpad Forum.

I have been a fan of X10 products for years, but never had a need to contact customer service until now.  I ordered one AirPad last Tuesday, but my credit card was charged for two.  Also, I have not received shipping status.  I sent an email last Friday to x10 customer support, with a follow-up email yesterday.  No response from either email.  I phoned customer support midday yesterday, and after being on hold for 27 minutes, was auto-transferred to oblivion and the call was terminated.  I phoned back last night at 5:00pm (pacific time) and with a recording that customer service was closed for the evening -- although the website advertises  "Additional Phone Support If you were not able to get the help you need or answer to your question from the links above, please call us Monday - Friday from 5am-9pm PST."  I phoned again this morning at ~ 5:30 a.m. Pacific -- and I'm told their customer service is again closed.  I guess I can call my credit card company to correct the double charge, but was hoping to work it with X10 first...  Have others experienced this lack of customer service?  Any thoughts pls?

Thanks in advance.

Brian H

• Community Organizer
  • Helpful Post Rating: 305
Re: Air Pad Customer Service.
« Reply #1 on: September 27, 2011, 09:59:26 AM »

You where given incorrect times.
6:00 AM to 3:00 PM for Pacific Time Zone.

Tuicemen

• Administrator
  • Helpful Post Rating: 282
  • I don't work for X10, I use it successfuly!
« Reply #2 on: September 27, 2011, 10:52:04 AM »

I removed the original post in the general section to avoid confusion.
Customer service is one area that needs improvement.
I've been waiting since Aug 30th. Tracking number given reports item not found. B:(
I had hoped to get one early to help answer questions on this product however thats not happening. :(
Please Read Topic:
General Forum Etiquette
Before you post!

RoccoPacco

« Reply #3 on: September 27, 2011, 12:20:52 PM »

You where given incorrect times.
6:00 AM to 3:00 PM for Pacific Time Zone.

Thanks to all. The times I quoted were listed on the X10 website.  Sounds like their website hasn't been updated.  Thank you for the updated times.  I'm still very disappointed in the lack of responses to my emails.

Brian H

• Community Organizer
« Reply #4 on: September 27, 2011, 12:48:24 PM »

You are 100% correct. Not all the X10 web pages match. With the support hours.
In fact the main Customer Support Page on the older X10 main page. Still says 5 AM to 9 PM PST.  ???
« Last Edit: September 27, 2011, 12:51:45 PM by Brian H »

YB

• Helpful Post Rating: 3
  • Coders Are The Only True Evils In This World...
    • X10 WTI
« Reply #5 on: September 27, 2011, 02:04:37 PM »

Link me to that page please, I will fix it ASAP.
Michael Youngblood
Web Designer

RoccoPacco

« Reply #6 on: September 27, 2011, 02:42:38 PM »

Its on the main customer support page at the bottom.  Link:.  http://www.x10.com/support/support.htm

I tried Customer Support again this morning at 10:00 a.m. pacific - clearly within the revised operating hours.  After holding for about 15 minutes, I was transferred to a voicemail which stated I called after hours again.  I was given the opportunity to leave a voicemail which I did.  No call back and still no response to my emails....  Very frustrating.

Brian H

• Community Organizer
« Reply #7 on: September 27, 2011, 03:12:22 PM »

Near the bottom of the link.
http://www.x10.com/support/support.htm

From the still available old home page.
http://www.x10.com/homepage1.htm
« Last Edit: September 27, 2011, 03:14:11 PM by Brian H »

YB

• X10 WTI
« Reply #8 on: September 27, 2011, 05:34:53 PM »

Near the bottom of the link.
http://www.x10.com/support/support.htm

From the still available old home page.
http://www.x10.com/homepage1.htm

Thank you very much
Michael Youngblood
Web Designer

Chowder

« Reply #9 on: September 28, 2011, 12:28:48 AM »

Gang,

So far so good... I'm not happy with the dust particles under the screen, nor the 1 dead pixel on my brand new Airpad, but it does load most apps fine and works quite well.

IMO, the only way I was able to get X10's attention, was to file a complaint with the BBB.

YB

• X10 WTI
« Reply #10 on: September 28, 2011, 07:33:45 PM »

Gang,

So far so good... I'm not happy with the dust particles under the screen, nor the 1 dead pixel on my brand new Airpad, but it does load most apps fine and works quite well.

IMO, the only way I was able to get X10's attention, was to file a complaint with the BBB.

Chowder, I can promise that isn't the best way to get our attention. We are doing our best to do everything we can for everyone. A great way to contact us is threw email. The forums are also a good way to get support. If all else fails, feel free to contact me directly and I will get you to the correct department to take care of you.
Michael Youngblood
Web Designer

Chowder

« Reply #11 on: September 28, 2011, 11:01:17 PM »

YB,

I understand...but like I mentioned, after countless calls to X10, only to be given the classic BS and more... it was time for bigger guns.   Please have X10 FIX their terrible phone system and the people who answer the calls.  Run around after run around, dropped calls, no call backs, sorry were closed fake messages, etc.  It's this kind of stuff that gets my blood boiling.  No excuses for a company like this to treat people like utter idiots... We spend money with X10, and they need to step up the customer service and more.

Like this forum, lots of great helpful people, such as yourself and X10Dev... good people you are.  Please get the rest of your company to shape up or ship out.

One other note:  What do you think of my Airpad coming straight out of the box with dust particles under the screen plus a dead pixel?

I would like to have it exchanged, but I do not trust X10 anymore and the length of time to get another, I'm sure would be weeks again...

Thanks'

Cb49

• Helpful Post Rating: 1
« Reply #12 on: September 29, 2011, 10:25:52 AM »

I was one of the first to receive my Airpad.  It was defective so I returned it with a RMA #.  X10 customer service, since my returning unit on the 16th of September, has been impossible to reach.  I have called several times only to wait over an hour listening to music with not one customer service rep answering the call.  I have placed emails to my original rep and to customer service without one reply.  I, too, am ready to call BBB and lodge a complaint.  I orignally wanted a replacement; now I just want a refund and to be taken off their email.  Never, with the possible exception of customer service at ATnT, have I ever experienced such terrible customer service. B:(

pseeker

• Helpful Post Rating: 12
« Reply #13 on: September 29, 2011, 01:48:22 PM »

Try http://www.facebook.com/X10network?sk=wall&filter=1 before anything else.  If you paid by credit card, you'll have better luck calling the CC company.  Generally you have 60 days from your statement date to challenge any charges.

I was one of the first to receive my Airpad.  It was defective so I returned it with a RMA #.  X10 customer service, since my returning unit on the 16th of September, has been impossible to reach.  I have called several times only to wait over an hour listening to music with not one customer service rep answering the call.  I have placed emails to my original rep and to customer service without one reply.  I, too, am ready to call BBB and lodge a complaint.  I orignally wanted a replacement; now I just want a refund and to be taken off their email.  Never, with the possible exception of customer service at ATnT, have I ever experienced such terrible customer service. B:(

YB

• X10 WTI
« Reply #14 on: September 29, 2011, 01:49:43 PM »

@Chowder - Dust under the screen and a dead pixel is a reasonable reason to replace it. Go ahead and send your information directly to me: yb@x10.com. I will make sure you are taken care of.

@Cb49 - I want to extend my offer to you as well. Please email me directly at yb@x10.com. Let me know the whole story, order numbers, RMA numbers, what questions you have, etc.
Michael Youngblood
Web Designer
Pages: [1] 2

X10.com | About X10 | X10 Security Systems | Cameras| Package Deals
© Copyright 2014-2016 X10.com All rights reserved.