Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Author Topic: IR Command Interface  (Read 20097 times)

Jim_R

• Helpful Post Rating: 0
IR Command Interface
« on: October 04, 2011, 09:12:32 PM »

Tempting as it is to suggest that X10 bring back the IR543AH, I suspect X10 will not for fear of hurting Active Home/CM15A sales and X10 universal remote sales.  Instead I'll suggest that X10 offer a IR543AH-like device that accepts X10 IR commands and passes them via UHF to the CM15A controller, that in turn would send PLC to desired modules.  This would allow home theater buffs and others the needed IR to PLC interface, while still bolstering CM15A/Active Home sales.   

Any thoughts?

kenrad

• Helpful Post Rating: 3
Re: IR Command Interface
« Reply #1 on: October 04, 2011, 11:12:53 PM »

I think that a usbuirt and bvc could accomplish this for you

>!Kenrad

luke03

• Helpful Post Rating: 1
« Reply #2 on: October 06, 2011, 04:04:23 PM »

If transmit any house code and device code is all you want, then you can look this thread:
http://www.cocoontech.com/forums/index.php?showtopic=20047
You can use iPhone instead of IR remote to send X10 codes.

Jim_R

« Reply #3 on: October 12, 2011, 09:42:41 PM »

Yeah usb-irt and bvd would work, but that's $30 for software,  $60 for a usb-uirt - pricey for a home spun solution.  X-10 was blowing out the ir-543 for$ 22.   I'm starting to see a number of Chinese usb-uirt devices that put out x-10 plc right out of the box and msrp is $50 or less.  Still on my wishlist.

The modification of a firecracker looks interesting, but as my goal is to send ir macros with a pronto think the way to go would be to modify the pronto to send straight to a cm15a.

Roller

« Reply #4 on: November 21, 2011, 02:31:53 PM »

I'm a quadriplegic and need IR remote control of my X10 modules also. I use a MX-450 Universal remote with an IR543 Infrared controller to control my x10 lamp and appliance modules. I've had the IR543 for more than 15 years. It's beginning to wear out so I figured I better replace it before it dies. I looked earlier this week and it appears its been discontinued. Is there any other way to do IR to X10 control without a computer?

William8

« Reply #5 on: November 21, 2011, 03:09:50 PM »

I've got an IR543, barely used, date code is 2008. If someone needs one I would be willing to part with it, as I hardly ever use it. $25 shipped to your door. It's not the modified AH model, just to be clear.

Roller

« Reply #6 on: November 23, 2011, 11:47:45 AM »

Thanks for the offer William but I found one before seeing your offer.
« Last Edit: November 23, 2011, 11:50:03 AM by Roller »

dhouston

• Advanced Member
  • Helpful Post Rating: 37
    • davehouston.org
« Reply #7 on: November 23, 2011, 01:07:16 PM »

The modification of a firecracker looks interesting, but as my goal is to send ir macros with a pronto think the way to go would be to modify the pronto to send straight to a cm15a.
The problem is finding a 310MHz RF transmitter that will fit within the Pronto case. You could steal one from an X-10 universal remote (e.g. UR47A).

About 8-10 years back I designed a small circuit board and bought 100 310MHz transmitters from WenShing that would fit within the original Pronto (TS1000?). My grandson sold kits until he discovered the opposite sex and lost interest. WenShing no longer appears to want to deal with small quantities, demanding a financial statement before even quoting so I think that avenue is closed. There's an article on my web page with details if you want to have a go. It does drain the batteries faster as it's sending both IR & RF with each transmission. I gave my Pronto to a nephew so may not be able to answer questions. My short-term whatchamacallit isn't as good as I remember it.
This message was composed entirely from recycled letters of the alphabet using only renewable, caffeinated energy sources.
No twees, wabbits, chimps or whales died in the process.
https://www.laser.com/dhouston

luke03

• Helpful Post Rating: 1
« Reply #8 on: November 29, 2011, 08:01:47 PM »

The problem is finding a 310MHz RF transmitter that will fit within the Pronto case. You could steal one from an X-10 universal remote (e.g. UR47A).

About 8-10 years back I designed a small circuit board and bought 100 310MHz transmitters from WenShing that would fit within the original Pronto (TS1000?). My grandson sold kits until he discovered the opposite sex and lost interest. WenShing no longer appears to want to deal with small quantities, demanding a financial statement before even quoting so I think that avenue is closed. There's an article on my web page with details if you want to have a go. It does drain the batteries faster as it's sending both IR & RF with each transmission. I gave my Pronto to a nephew so may not be able to answer questions. My short-term whatchamacallit isn't as good as I remember it.

Interesting web page, Dave.
When you sending out those IR code as RF signal, what receiver would receive them and convert RF back to IR again?

Brian H

• Community Organizer
  • Helpful Post Rating: 305
« Reply #9 on: November 29, 2011, 08:33:55 PM »

The 310MHz X10 commands would be received by an X10 transceiver to control power line modules from a remote capable of generating X10 commands.

If you wanted to extend IR commands to things like TVs. You maybe able to use a 418MHz transmitter module and a X10 RE549 PowerMid receiver to convert back to IR.

The IR34 Nstinct remote actually has two transmitters in it.
310MHz for sending X10 power line signals through a transceiver and a 418MHz for the RE549 to extend IR commands to electronics in other rooms.
« Last Edit: November 29, 2011, 08:43:56 PM by Brian H »

dhouston

• Advanced Member
  • Helpful Post Rating: 37
    • davehouston.org
« Reply #10 on: November 29, 2011, 09:00:08 PM »

When you sending out those IR code as RF signal, what receiver would receive them and convert RF back to IR again?
With the Pronto TS1000, it was not intended as an IR extender, but only for X-10 RF. For an IR extender, you could get later Prontos (e.g. TSU3000, TSU9000) that had IR and 418MHz RF (in N. America, 434MHz elsewhere) to send to multiple, addressable RF-to-IR modules made by Philips. The Universal Remote MX3000 also has IR plus 418MHz RF and addressable RF-to-IR modules.

Also, I just discovered that Amazon sells 3-4 310MHz RF remotes for Linear and Stanley garage door openers. They are under $10 but I have no idea whether the RF transmitter section can be easily accessed and repurposed for use in a TS1000.
This message was composed entirely from recycled letters of the alphabet using only renewable, caffeinated energy sources.
No twees, wabbits, chimps or whales died in the process.
https://www.laser.com/dhouston

« Reply #11 on: January 11, 2012, 02:08:49 AM »

I've got an IR543, barely used, date code is 2008. If someone needs one I would be willing to part with it, as I hardly ever use it. $25 shipped to your door. It's not the modified AH model, just to be clear.

If you still have it. I need it for a project I am working on. Please email me at brad.canady@comcast.net and I will send you a paypal for the IR543.

Thanks,

Brad

jr_00_22

« Reply #12 on: February 13, 2012, 06:21:48 PM »

If you haven't got rid of it yet I want it or if anyone out there has one I WANT it!!

William8

« Reply #13 on: February 13, 2012, 11:26:15 PM »

If you haven't got rid of it yet I want it or if anyone out there has one I WANT it!!

Sorry, never saw this post until now. I no lnger have the IR543, another poster bought it a couple weeks after I posted the offer.

X10.com | About X10 | X10 Security Systems | Cameras| Package Deals
© Copyright 2014-2016 X10.com All rights reserved.