Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Author Topic: Long Boot Time  (Read 2361 times)

iamtv

• Helpful Post Rating: 0
Long Boot Time
« on: October 07, 2011, 04:02:57 PM »

My 3-year old Windows Vista Computer boots up faster than the Airpad.  Is that long boot-up normal?  I tried resetting with paper clip, but it didn't really improve it.  Also, sometimes when it goes to sleep, I can't get it to wake up, and have to hold down the power button to turn it off and back on.  Does anyone have any suggestions?  Other than this, I really, really like this tablet!

everydayflyer

• Helpful Post Rating: 5
Re: Long Boot Time
« Reply #1 on: October 07, 2011, 05:02:54 PM »

Mine takes 15 seconds to get to the loading stage and 1 min. 11 seconds  total to get to ready screen. This is my first Android device but seems fairly fast to me.  A short press on the power swithch brings mine out of sleep mode everytime.

My guess is that each will behave a bit differently depending on the Apps installed.

DemDave

• Helpful Post Rating: 1
Re: Long Boot Time
« Reply #2 on: October 07, 2011, 05:52:26 PM »

Also, sometimes when it goes to sleep, I can't get it to wake up, and have to hold down the power button to turn it off and back on. 

I've seen similar behavior on mine, as well. It's like it automatically shuts itself all the way down if you leave it in sleep mode...even if it's on the charger and/or has plenty of battery power left to survive the night.

It's kind of annoying to have to wait for it to boot every morning.

X10.com | About X10 | X10 Security Systems | Cameras| Package Deals
© Copyright 2014-2016 X10.com All rights reserved.