Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Author Topic: pad shuts down in seconds  (Read 2821 times)

gkron

• Helpful Post Rating: 0
pad shuts down in seconds
« on: October 10, 2011, 01:47:17 AM »

my pad will go on but shuts off in less than a minute - i assume its set on a quick sleep setting but it does not stay on long enough for me to change anything [ even if i knew how ] !?  help!

everydayflyer

• Helpful Post Rating: 5
Re: pad shuts down in seconds
« Reply #1 on: October 10, 2011, 08:19:45 AM »

Are you placing your finger on the top of the bar in the lower right hand and dragging it up to the green dot / toward the speaker symble ?

If you are refering to screen timing out (going blank) after the above step then it can be changed to a longer time.

When the screen times out a bump of the On / Off switch will wake it up.

Another user had same issue here

http://forums.x10.com/index.php?topic=25150.0

X-10 really should have done a much better job on the manual.   New users are having major issues with very simple task  such as getting it turned on, enabling Wi Fi and keeping it on, inserting / formating / mounting  SD card  , understanding battery useage and others.

« Last Edit: October 10, 2011, 08:34:51 AM by everydayflyer »

gkron

• Helpful Post Rating: 0
« Reply #2 on: October 10, 2011, 11:49:01 AM »

thanks i didn't c a bar so i did what u said with the  "unlocked" lock and it stayed on twice as long [ not good] i second the comment about the instructions
a graphic showing the actions of the of icons
now after redoing the instruction the tv remote looking thing came up and i used that so more stuff came up but now while typing this it went blank again
so there must be another setting
i assume that silver bar on the outside is useless as it does nothing the "remote" does somethings the  the "back arrow" does nothing
ok the silver bar on the toop outside is a life saver now i can even set the time [the set time zone is stupid ] i also found the time out timer - we're getting there hope some others gleen something from this
and i even haven't started using it

one other ques  if i connect my unsmart phone with a mini usb can i use its keyboard

everydayflyer

• Helpful Post Rating: 5
« Reply #3 on: October 10, 2011, 12:20:35 PM »

Silver bar is just for looks,it seems.
Screen timeout can be set  for 2,10,30 minutes or never.

Settings / Display / Screen time out.

This is my first Android based device and it has been a fairly steep learning curve. Lucky for me I am retired so have a lot of free time and also have 30 years experience with computer which does help.

Best advise I can give is spend some time reading the post here and spend a lot of time just getting use to moving around / thru the different functions.

X10.com | About X10 | X10 Security Systems | Cameras| Package Deals
© Copyright 2014-2016 X10.com All rights reserved.